• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I made a Sandstorm team?! I don't even like weather teams...

speedbump07

EDIT: Added Carracosta and Cradily, please reanalyze ^^
EDIT 2: I forgot to mention I use this team for triples, sorry I forgot to mention before ^^;

But, I had all the key ingredients, and I figured, "Hey, lets see if it's good."

So, here's my Sand Team, constructive criticism and comments appreciated! :D

;248; Tyranitar (M) @ Babiri Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
Nature: Adamant
252 Attack/ 252 Speed/ 4 HP
Iv’s: 31/31/31/31/31/31/31
-Dragon Dance
-Stone Edge
-Crunch
-Earthquake/Protect

Sand Starter, but can dish out pain given the slightest chance. Babiri is for Bullet Punching Scizor, Dragon Dance for boosting, Stone Edge for STAB, Earthquake for Edgequake or Protect for longevity, Crunch for STAB. He’s good, can’t wait to use him in the field.

:526: Gigalith (M) @ Leftovers/Chesto Berry
Abilty: Sturdy
Ev’s: 155 HP/ 255 Attack/100 defense
Iv’s: 31/31/31/2/20/25
-Earthquake
-Iron Defense/Rock Blast/Rest/?
-Stone Edge
-Explosion

Slow and steady wins the race, and Gigalith is proof of that. His job is to to hit and be hit. Earthquake for the obvious reasons, dunno what will go in the 2nd slot, Stone edge for STAB and Edgequake, and Explosion for going out with a bang.

;472; Gliscor(F) @ Poison Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Nature: Impish
Ev’s: 4 hp/252 Atk/ 252 Spd
Iv’s: 31/31/31/1/31/31
-Fling
-Swords Dance
-Earthquake
-Acrobatics

Her main role is to take out as many Pokemon as possible before going down. Poison Heal helps survivability, Fling for a free poison and to free up Acrobatics, Earthquake for obvious reasons, and Acrobatics for obvious reasons as well. Thundurus and Tornadus can’t really do much to her most of the time, unless they have the ever common HP Ice.

;212; Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
Ev’s: 4 hp/ 255 Atk/ 251 Spd
Iv’s: 31/31/30/25/31/26
-Bullet Punch
-Acrobatics
-Brick Break
-U-turn

My Physcial attacker. Was the very first pokemon I ever ev trained, hence the sloppy work XD. Bred him myself too! Anyway, Bullet Punch for powerful STAB and priority, and to take out ice types, Acrobatics for good coverage, Brick Break for breaking Barrier, Light Screen and Blissey, and U-turn for scouting.

:565:Carracosta (M) @ Kings rock/Cell Battery/?
Ability: Sturdy
Nature: Jolly
Ev’s: 252 Atk/ 252 Spd/ 4 HP
Iv’s: 31/31/31/31/31/31
-Earthquake
-Waterfall
-Rock Slide
-Shell Smash

The big turtle that’ll sweep ya given a chance. Earthquake for coverage, Waterfall for STAB and flinching, Rock slide for STAB and flinching, Shell Smash to make him a beast. Grass attacks make him cry.

;346; Cradily (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Storm Drain
Nature: Bold
Ev’s: 252 HP/ 252 Sp atk/ 4 def
-Energy Ball
-Recover
-Sludge Bomb/Wave
-Mirror Coat/?

The other fossil on my team, and my answer to rain teams, along with Carracosta. Energy Ball for STAB and a hopeful boost from a water attack, recover for survivability, Sludge Bomb/Wave to hit grasses, Dunno what to put in last slot, but Mirror Coat has been pretty beastly when I could use it right.

PREVIOUS/SWITCHABLE MEMBERS

;208; Steelix @ Rocky Helmet
Nature: Sassy
Ev’s: 252 HP/252 Sp def/ 6 atk
Iv’s: 31/31/31/31/31/0
-Stealth Rock
-Heavy Slam
-Earthquake
-Gyro Ball

My wall, and during a sandstorm, he can take a LOT of abuse. Stealth Rock cause it’s Stealth Rock, Gyro Ball for fast pokes, Heavy Slam for light and slow pokes (hehe, slow-pokes), and Earthquake because it’s earthquake.

:579: Reuniclus (F) @ Life Orb
Abilty: Magic Guard
Nature: Calm
Ev’s: 252 HP/ 252 Sp defense/ 4 Sp atk
-Focus Blast
-Calm Mind
-Psychic
-Recover

My… least favorite part of the team, but I needed a sixth member, a special attacker, and I had her on hand. Standard set, Focus Blast for darks and the like, Calm Mind for Special attack and defense boosting, Psychic for STAB. Recover for, well, recovery.

Last edited:

pokemonjeff

interested trader
But, I had all the key ingredients, and I figured, "Hey, lets see if it's good."

-Dragon Dance
-Stone Edge
-Crunch
-Earthquake/Protect

Sand Starter, but can dish out pain given the slightest chance. Babiri is for Bullet Punching Scizor, Dragon Dance for boosting, Stone Edge for STAB, Earthquake for Edgequake or Protect for longevity, Crunch for STAB. He’s good, can’t wait to use him in the field.

-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Explosion

Slow and steady wins the race, and Gigalith is proof of that. His job is to to hit and be hit. Earthquake for the obvious reasons, dunno what will go in the 2nd slot, Stone edge for STAB and Edgequake, and Explosion for going out with a bang.

:579: Reuniclus (F) @ Life Orb/flame orb (with trick)
-Focus Blast/trick
-Calm Mind
-Psychic
-Recover

My… least favorite part of the team, but I needed a sixth member, a special attacker, and I had her on hand. Standard set, Focus Blast for darks and the like, Calm Mind for Special attack and defense boosting, Psychic for STAB. Recover for, well, recovery.Would greatly help against physical attackers, and would be a good way to spread around status.

-Fling
-Swords Dance
-Earthquake
-Acrobatics

Her main role is to take out as many Pokemon as possible before going down. Poison Heal helps survivability, Fling for a free poison and to free up Acrobatics, Earthquake for obvious reasons, and Acrobatics for obvious reasons as well. Thundurus and Tornadus can’t really do much to her most of the time, unless they have the ever common HP Ice.

-Bullet Punch
-Acrobatics
-Brick Break
-U-turn

My Physcial attacker. Was the very first pokemon I ever ev trained, hence the sloppy work XD. Bred him myself too! Anyway, Bullet Punch for powerful STAB and priority, and to take out ice types, Acrobatics for good coverage, Brick Break for breaking Barrier, Light Screen and Blissey, and U-turn for scouting.

-Stealth Rock
-Heavy Slam
-Earthquake
-Gyro Ball

My wall, and during a sandstorm, he can take a LOT of abuse. Stealth Rock cause it’s Stealth Rock, Gyro Ball for fast pokes, Heavy Slam for light and slow pokes (hehe, slow-pokes), and Earthquake because it’s earthquake.

Comments on reuniclus in bold :3

UsernameSayWha?

Hates Hidden Power
NEVER EVER LEAD WITH YOUR WEATHER STARTER. You have 4 Pokemon weak to water and no resistances.

Creeper

om nom nom

-Dragon Dance
-Stone Edge
-Crunch
-Earthquake/Protect

Looks good. You're outsped by most weather starters, but Bulky Politoed will be out ran, and they get rain up.
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Explosion

Looks fine. Stealth Rock can go in the 2nd slot.
:579: Reuniclus (F) @ Life Orb
-Focus Blast
-Calm Mind
-Psychic
-Recover

My… least favorite part of the team, but I needed a sixth member, a special attacker, and I had her on hand. Standard set, Focus Blast for darks and the like, Calm Mind for Special attack and defense boosting, Psychic for STAB. Recover for, well, recovery.
Fine.

-Fling
-Swords Dance
-Earthquake
-Acrobatics

Looks fine. I dislike Fling, but it's okay. Toxic is an option over Fling.

-Bullet Punch
-Acrobatics
-Brick Break
-U-turn

Might want Quick Attack. Other than that, fine.

-Stealth Rock
-Heavy Slam
-Earthquake
-Gyro Ball

Looks fine.

The only obivous flaw I can see is that you have sand, but no Excadrill.

Excadrill @ Air Ballon
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Att., 252 Spe.
Earthquake/Drill Run
Rock Slide
X-Scissor/Return/Brick Break/Shadow Claw
Standard Exca.

speedbump07

The only obivous flaw I can see is that you have sand, but no Excadrill.

Excadrill @ Air Ballon
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Att., 252 Spe.
Earthquake/Drill Run
Rock Slide
Standard Exca.

Yeah, the reason being, I really dislike Excadrill ^^; So no him, no matter how good he is XD

I might replace someone with Carracosta once I get him trained up though, so that my water weakness isn't so big.

Aztec_Blaziken

Back to WiFi Battles
Life Orb AND calm mind on reuniclus?
I'd either go for life orb and trick room (I've pulled off sweeps with this)
or leftovers and calm mind.
Your reuniclus will need leftovers if you are trying to set up.

What about swapping one of your members for a gastrodon?
Storm Drain raises gastro's sp. Attack and takes no damage from water attacks

Toxicroak also takes no damage from water type moves and with dry skin and black sludge, it is very easy to set up with him.

speedbump07

Life Orb AND calm mind on reuniclus?
I'd either go for life orb and trick room (I've pulled off sweeps with this)
or leftovers and calm mind.
Your reuniclus will need leftovers if you are trying to set up.

What about swapping one of your members for a gastrodon?
Storm Drain raises gastro's sp. Attack and takes no damage from water attacks

Toxicroak also takes no damage from water type moves and with dry skin and black sludge, it is very easy to set up with him.

Hmmm, might try trick room since everybody is so slow, or give him lefties, but then what do I give Gigalith?

Never really liked Gastrodon or Toxicroak, actually :/ But like I said above, I might replace someone with a Carracosta once I get it trained up! :D

pokemonjeff

interested trader
@speedbump - I just got a second shiny flawless tirtouga, but this one has eggmoves! It will surely be a beast. Whats the OT on the one your using? :3

pokemonjeff

interested trader
ok, then this ones better. When your free to trade you should use this one. Trust me xD. Its got shell smash, which when used right could make him an incredibly painfull sweeper.

Shell smash / Stone edge| Rock slide / Waterfall (any other physical water move) / filler

speedbump07

ok, then this ones better. When your free to trade you should use this one. Trust me xD. Its got shell smash, which when used right could make him an incredibly painfull sweeper.

Shell smash / Stone edge| Rock slide / Waterfall (any other physical water move) / filler

I see, I see. I'll have to see how different they are, what's it's abilty, nature, gender?

Fireflies

Aura Master
Wow you be hating on alot of good pokemon who would be great for your team, but oh well, that's your deal I guess.
Reuiniclus, oh boy, love that pokemon, you could trick around some toxic or flame orbs but I think you should be fine with the life orb since you get the power without the drawback

speedbump07

Wow you be hating on alot of good pokemon who would be great for your team, but oh well, that's your deal I guess.
Reuiniclus, oh boy, love that pokemon, you could trick around some toxic or flame orbs but I think you should be fine with the life orb since you get the power without the drawback

Ya, sorry, I like playing with my favorites ^^; and sadly, the pokes mentioned I've never really liked.

I'm still tweaking with Reu, since she was hastily added, I haven't had time to smooth out what I want her to do yet ^^

Angeltripper

♥ Ace ♥
hmmmm this is good, but a few things:

it is usually better to run a mixed T-Tar

reuniclus would be great with flame or toxic orb, or even a scarf as he is already super slow. but life orb is good too

get rid of steelix. gliscor already has defense covered

instead of psychic, maybe you could trick blissey and chansey users with psyshock on reunlclus

other then this, yur team is fine

speedbump07

hmmmm this is good, but a few things:

it is usually better to run a mixed T-Tar

reuniclus would be great with flame or toxic orb, or even a scarf as he is already super slow. but life orb is good too

get rid of steelix. gliscor already has defense covered

instead of psychic, maybe you could trick blissey and chansey users with psyshock on reunlclus

other then this, yur team is fine

'K, might put Ice beam instead of protect on Tyran

I might try scarfing or burn orbing Reu

I need a special attack, I got 5 physical attackers already >_>

Hmmm... might drop Steelix for Carracosta, but then I'll need to put stealth rock on Gigalith

Thanks for the advice ^^

ThatsJustPeachy

Superiority Complex
This is a good team however this team needs some patching up to make it as good as it can possibly be. Ill start with each poke in order

Tyranitar: The DD set is way to risky with the metagame becoming a weather war. If you really cared about longetivity, I would replace Tyranitar with a Chople Sassymixed tar or lefties Careful ttar. This way you have a decent check to the Lati twins as well as being able to set up stealth rocks and if you run chople you can take on gengars easily.

;248;
Careful-leftovers
252HP 4atk 252 Spdef
Stone edge|crunch|pursuit|superpower

Gigalith: This could make a very interesting lead with a Lum berry because Sturdy allows it survive past the first turn in most cases. this is the reason i listed the careful version of ttar because seeing gigalith as lead would be a better option so you can give stone edge to ttar instead of stealthrocks in order to keep volcaronas at bay

:526:
Adamant-Lum/leftovers
252HP 252 ATK 4DEF
Stealthrocks|Explosion|Stoneedge|Earthquake

Gliscor: I see you are trying to add a physical wall but lets try and keep the water weaknesses down. I would recommend a Slowbro or Tangrowth as a physical wall since slowbro can help paralyze pokes with thunderwave and Tangrowth can help your team with sleep powder. Both pokes run regenerate so its a good water resist wall that can heal itself quite reliably. Both also counter gliscor which most of your team struggle to take down taunt SD variants. Id lean towards slowbro as it gives that valuable fighting resist that plagues your team

;465;
Tangrowth
Relaxed-leftovers
252HP 252 DEF 4 spatk
HP Ice|sleep power|leech seed|Giga drain

or

;080;
Slowbro
Bold-leftovers
252HP 252 DEF 4 spatk
(Icebeam|scald|Thunderwave|slackoff) or (Scald|Psychic|Twave|slackoff)
^better against dragons ^better against Conkeldurr

or if you want to keep gliscor, this would be a more efficient set

;472;
Impish-toxic orb
184 hp 252 def 76 speed
SwordsDance|Earthquake|Ice fang|Protect/Taunt
(still able to take on conkeldurr even though there is no acrobatics)

Another alternative is to run double sand with your team with hippowdon acting as insurance to win the weather war as well as act as a physical wall. I run double sand and i never lose a weather war. Hippowdon can check a vast array of pokes that your team might have a hard time against such as Dragonite, Gliscor, Terrakion, Excadrill. This does add another water weakness but with proper supporting cast it should be manageable if you have sand up. If you do chose to play double sand, I would use Excadrill over gigalith and use hippowdon as the stealth rock setter.

I listed alot of options, for half the team. PM me once you consider my suggestion and let me know what direction your team is headed so i can help you with the other half of your team if you want

Last edited:

thatguycharizard34

so AWH-SOME /)^ɛ^(\
;248; Tyranitar (M) @ Babiri Berry/Choice Band/C Scarf
-Dragon Dance/Outrage
-Stone Edge
-Crunch/Pursuit
-Earthquake/Protect

Sand Starter, but can dish out pain given the slightest chance. Babiri is for Bullet Punching Scizor, Dragon Dance for boosting, Stone Edge for STAB, Earthquake for Edgequake or Protect for longevity, Crunch for STAB. He’s good, can’t wait to use him in the field. Liked the set, but thought maybe the alterations here might work. Band'd Pursuit hits extremely hard on those Pokemon who switch out. Outrage because it will hit hard, regardless and hits Dragons for supereffective.

;212; Scizor (M) @ Choice Band/Focus Sash
-Bullet Punch
-Acrobatics/Swords Dance
-Brick Break
-U-turn

My Physcial attacker. Was the very first pokemon I ever ev trained, hence the sloppy work XD. Bred him myself too! Anyway, Bullet Punch for powerful STAB and priority, and to take out ice types, Acrobatics for good coverage, Brick Break for breaking Barrier, Light Screen and Blissey, and U-turn for scouting. Nice, but might be inclined to say Swords Dance over Acrobatics and a Sash to make sure this can be used first turn, if not second turn (though ruined by a certain thing called entry hazards)