• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I miss Misty...x3

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Misty was the most expendable character on the show which is why she got axed. She didn't advertise anything and she had no real point of being there anymore.

Why people dig deeper into this and look for conspiracy theories is beyond me.

Phantom_Bugsy

So hot he's on fire.
...i really wish that everyone in here would stop the bashing/flaming in here cuz it's not gonna go anywhere.

I merely ask a question about why Misty left and i was hoping it could turn out to be some 'friendly' discussion about it since i know many of you don't have Misty as your fave character (and that was fine with me, cuz I respect other's ppl opinions)... but no, ppl aren't being friendly at all. if you don't like something, why don't you keep the bad comments to your self...noone would think that you can't speak if you didn't speak. =p

besides, I didn't even say anything unfriendly in my first post, so why are ppl saying still saying bad things about what I believe?

in fact, I don't get why ppl can make a big fuss about the pokemon story line and also just the 'pokemon' itself. it has been all a fantasy world and a fictionious story...plus we can't turn the story line to whatever we want to cuz we don't have the power to do that. From the beginning to now, it's been the (japanese) creators of Pokemon who have been doing this story...so it's all up to them now I guess. xd
(but it would be nice if we could really see her back...)

why can't we all blame THEM instead of having this stupid argument between the characters? << it's not their fault. haha. cuz they ARE their creations.

Because people have been making threads like this since Misty got cut and it's irritating. People need to accept she's gone and stop whining about it.

Though then again, my favorite characters are one-shots, Gym Leaders and coordinators, so I'm used to my favorites going away forever 8D

High Commander Solomon

This is MADNESS!
People look for conspiracy theories in EVERYTHING. I do think it has something to do with the change in the series' tone from story-based to franchise-based, but I'm sure people disagree. Either way, let's face it - Misty spent most of her existence (Jhoto was THAT long) sucking.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
I actually am not one of the people who cries, "I WANT MY MISTY BACK!!!!!". I'm not that sad about her being gone, now that I'm over the shock of it, but I agree with Intergalactic platypus. I hate Misty bashers. Again, this bias is probably coming into play, as I tend to think that Misty bashers are people who hate her because they are pervs who have sexual fantasies about May every ten seconds. I'm sure there might be a person out there who hates them both, but whenever someone says anything bad about Misty, I'll be thinking they just like May better.

Jo-Jo

blows stuff uhup
I just wish we could be left to miss Misty in peace without people constantly being jerks and telling us we're not allowed to because it's against fandom law or something. Oh noes we like a character you don't get over it.

Heracross

Custom User Title
I think most of the problem is that people are still making threads and such to complain about it, which is no less irritating than all the GS ball questions.

Jo-Jo

blows stuff uhup
Yeah, but it's annoying when every innocent mention of "I wish Misty would come back" gets greeted with fifteen "Misty sucks and you should go to hell for even suggesting her unholy presence darken the anime ever again". There are way more posts floating around here ranting about the supposed flood of Misty-fans than posts by actual Misty-fans.

Besides, just because someone says they miss Misty doesn't mean they think she's coming back. I want Pokemon to have a spinoff about Pretty Harley and his Magical Cookies, but I don't consider it necessary for anyone to come along and tell me it's never going to happen.

PDL

disenchanted
Yeah, but it's annoying when every innocent mention of "I wish Misty would come back" gets greeted with fifteen "Misty sucks and you should go to hell for even suggesting her unholy presence darken the anime ever again". There are way more posts floating around here ranting about the supposed flood of Misty-fans than posts by actual Misty-fans.

Besides, just because someone says they miss Misty doesn't mean they think she's coming back. I want Pokemon to have a spinoff about Pretty Harley and his Magical Cookies, but I don't consider it necessary for anyone to come along and tell me it's never going to happen.

You know, the same problem of "know-it-all-ism" doesn't only occur in Misty-May debates, but in nearly every facet of the pokemon franchise. It's this gross intolerence towards ignorance that sparks nearly every debate in the franchise.

Jo-Jo

blows stuff uhup
Tell me about it. I'll take a bubble-headed teenybopper Misty/May-fanatic over a condescending elitist any day.

Akaba

L Kickin' the Noise
Kasumi and Haruka feud. Who cares? Really. They are two characthers. Two DIFFERENT characthers. Yes, I am a Kasumi fan, but I will tell anyone, ANYONE - that Haruka is a bigger star on the show than Kasumi ever was.

Kasumi wasn't a big plot point, that's simple. She could of been kicked off like she did and there would be no plot-hole or any openings in her story. She wants to be a Water Pokemon Master...she can do that in her water gym, which she did.

Haruka has contests. This is the equivalent to Satoshi's badges. It is simple if she leaves and goes to Johto, her story will go on off-screen, but her story probably needs to be told on screen.

She is a co-star, I guess - at least from storylines, Satsohi's Brain is more important than the Festival in my mind, but her storyline isn't a C plot. It really is a solid B plot.

If Haruka goes, will I be sad? No. I hate her team. Simple. Her characther doens't really do anything for me, and if her story is left unfinished...I will feel a little twinged, but I will be more happy she's gone.

Kasumi, yes - I like her. I was sad she left. There is no reason why I should Haruka over her, because in my mind, I liked her team - personality and all that.

All-in-all, Kasumi...Haruka,

Hikari is now going to be in this mix, and I can't wait for a three-way feud of fanatics.

High Commander Solomon

This is MADNESS!
But the elitists almost invariably win. Why? Because they're usually quicker to swarm. Remember Arcy's master plan to "improve" the Serebii Pokeshippers? People got mad enough at them (and heaven only knows why, they didn't exactly go after other topics) to decide to improve them. Maybe I'm the one who needs improvement here, I dunno, but that just seemed asinine and annoying.

Akaba

L Kickin' the Noise
How can you embaress a ship?

All ships are sad in there own...sad...way.

Akaba

L Kickin' the Noise
To be elite is stupid...to try to be elite, just makes me think you are too over-dosed in Pokemon and need to go out, get some air and get a girlfriend. I mean, some people become 'elite' by just posting and not getting that attitude, but it is 'given' to them by people.

I really don't mind that.

I just don't get how people who have 8,000 posts think just because they made 5,000 posts - probably all the same about Pokeshipping, thinks they are more 'wise' than others.

It's boring.

High Commander Solomon

This is MADNESS!
We should probably stop this before the mods come after us for insulting Arcy and the gang. So instead, I'll just leave everybody with the thread, and they can figure it all out for themselves.

http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showthread.php?t=10911

It all reads like some kind of really bad spy thriller.

Responding to the post just above me: For some reason, a lot of people on message boards feel they deserve more respect for having been on the boards longer, even when they say things that don't make sense. Like most of what I say, for instance. When was the last time I made sense?

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
...That thread reads WAY too deeply into things. "Hint Evaluation Technique?" Lets put the Sudan crisis on the backburner people. We need to learn how to properly prove AAML

High Commander Solomon

This is MADNESS!
I'm imagining Archaic's opening post being done at some kind of weird ceremony, with a giant fire in the middle and lots of black cloaks. Imagine a really dramatic voice.

Jo-Jo

blows stuff uhup
^ Ahahahahhahaa.

I remember that. What ever happened to the plan to "improve the SPP Pokeshippers" because they were apparently embarrassing the fandom? LMAO! I guess that was another "plan" that never amounted to anything. OPS, ROFFLE.
*bursts out laughing* DUDE! You JOINED that freaking thread! You thought it was a good idea!

I haven't noticed Swifty trying to "improve" any Pokeshippers as of late. Please direct me to these evil brainwashing posts.

Really, we spend most of our days commiserating over poor Misty's sad fate and coming up with silly reasons to support Handymanshipping. If we're out to convert the world, then... I fear for the world.

Come to think of it, perhaps the OPS abandoned their plan because they realised the Pokeshippers were far from being the most embarrassing shipping fanbase out there? :p

intergalactic_platypus said:
...That thread reads WAY too deeply into things. "Hint Evaluation Technique?" Lets put the Sudan crisis on the backburner people. We need to learn how to properly prove AAML
High_Commander_Solomon said:
I'm imagining Archaic's opening post being done at some kind of weird ceremony, with a giant fire in the middle and lots of black cloaks. Imagine a really dramatic voice.
XD *dead*

Last edited:

Kaiserin

please wake up...
Alright, Kiori asked me to do this, so don't yell at me when I say it. >_>;

Well, we're getting reeeeally off topic here, so it'd be nice if we could go back to the original topic (Misty and why she should/shouldn't return) rather than continue on the current topic (Pokeshipping).

K?

K.

cold_katanagirl

Link Master
I thought the first post in the thread was supposed to sound like a cult on purpose, as a bit of a joke. Is it really supposed to be taken that seriously? :/

Status
Not open for further replies.