• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I miss Misty...x3

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Ha, I joined that OPS thing because I couldn't help but "LOL" over it.

Well, we're getting reeeeally off topic here, so it'd be nice if we could go back to the original topic (Misty and why she should/shouldn't return) rather than continue on the current topic (Pokeshipping).
K.

Misty shouldn't come back because her character is boring and she would be nothing more than dead weight on the show if she did.

Brock needs to leave the show for the same reason.

Both of them are stale and stagnant characters who have no purpose of being on the show anymore outside of cameo appearances.

EDIT: And for the record, at least Max having no Pokemon yet is a reason you can't do much with him at the moment. He's mostly there for May's character development anyway.

Last edited:

Jo-Jo

blows stuff uhup
cold_katanagirl said:
I thought the first post in the thread was supposed to sound like a cult on purpose, as a bit of a joke. Is it really supposed to be taken that seriously? :/
The Cult of the Red-Headed Satan informs me that yes, it was meant to be taken seriously.

Oh, wait, that's Ginny Weasley's fanclub... I'll get back to you.

CyberCubed said:
Ha, I joined that OPS thing because I couldn't help but "LOL" over it.
Oh, you lie. :p

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
Misty needs to stay off so she can retain the dignity I felt she reearned. I don't wanna see one of my favorite characters butchered. Anyway, I can still watch old eps and see her and Brock at their prime

cold_katanagirl

Link Master
Everyone's posting in this thread and... That other one. CONFUZZLED.
Ha, I joined that OPS thing because I couldn't help but "LOL" over it. There's a reason why people make fun of Pokeshippers so much, their fandom is really crazed.
Yay, more Pokeshipping negativity! :D

I thought you joined so you could debate certain points and help develop their skills. Or some crap.

Jo-Jo said:
The Cult of the Red-Headed Satan informs me that yes, it was meant to be taken seriously.

Oh, wait, that's Ginny Weasley's fanclub... I'll get back to you.
GINNY WEASLEY WTF THAT BI -

... Wait, wrong red head. MISTY THAT BIZNATCH. D:

Akaba

L Kickin' the Noise
ON TOPIC!~

Kasumi should come back.

She is,

Like -

10x better than Haruka.

Because, you know -

Advandcedshipping suxxors and Pokeshipping is like,

Destiny.

There. That's a total elite post right there.

High Commander Solomon

This is MADNESS!
Hellz no, Destiny like, so totally sucks! Oh my gawd, I cannot believe you would sink to such a crappy argument - get like, out of my sight before I summon the other Official Valley Talkers here! (That's what, the two annoying people on the bus with me this morning...and my kid sister. Oh joy!)

Diceman

Banned
ON TOPIC!~

Kasumi should come back.

She is,

Like -

10x better than Haruka.

Because, you know -

Advandcedshipping suxxors and Pokeshipping is like,

Destiny.

There. That's a total elite post right there.

lol that is so funny. I think your right but May is not that bad.

Akaba

L Kickin' the Noise
Go to the other thread,

I stated why Kasumi can't be touched by the lowy Haruka.

GreenKirby

GreenKirby
But of course, the misty fanboys will scream at me "OMG! Corsola and Luvsdisc wuld totally own all of Mayz pokaymanz!1"

May is better at battles.

Okay, this is going out of control....

Misty is a Gym Leader. What is a Gym Leader, I don't know, a trainer in charge of a gym, and gym gets loads and loads of challengers. Battles = experince. Loads of experience = higher levels.

May on the other hand is a coordinator, a trainer that mostly competes in contests and only occasionally recives non-contest battles (not saying all coordinators are get small amounts of real battles, but that IS the case for May). As for contest battles, they are mainly decided by a HP Bar on the coordinator rather than a Pokemon's HP. She is very keen in contests, but in real battle, she is hardly on the same level. On top of that most of her victories are by luck or by unbelieveable beatdowns created by writers (Combusken and Squirtle are prime factors).

Compare a gym leader with many very experienced pokemon to a mere coordinator and the match would gio to the gym leader.

Misty's powerhouses:

Corsola (took out an Espeon)
Politoed (hardly loses)
Gyarados (took out 3 tentacruel like nothing after taking tons of posion stings from them)
Dewgong
Psyduck

May's powerhouses:

Cheapbusken
Squirtle
Munchlax
Bulbasaur
Skitty

Beautifly has never won any matches besides helping Bulbasaur defeat Harley's pokemon and defeating Medicham, after that it lost badly to Gary-clone, and her other pokemon outdid it. Eevee might be strong but, it has the least experience (co-defeating Cacturne and beating Marshtomp by time hardly makes it very good).

None of May's pokemon can defeat Misty's Gyarados without wearing it out with another pokemon. Corsola is a strong hitter and with Recover would be able to wall most of what May can dish out. Skitty might be a threat, but so is Psyduck. Squirtle can pull Ice Beams but that won't work well because Water resists Ice (Gyarados is the only one who is not resistant). Bulbasaur is her only pokemon that has an actual advantage over Misty, but an Ice Beam from Dewgong defeats that. As for overpowered mini-Blaziken, Sky Uppercut and Mega Kick are the only moves that can do anything and it is also weak to water. Not only that, but it has never defeated water types before (Psychic, Ground yes, but not Water).

If May would win, it will never be easily. It will take convenient miracles (that happen in every win she scores) that the writers easily provide. But in real true battles, she would lose.

This is why I hate not just May, but her fans, too. I never met anyone who LOVES May and doesn't hate Misty.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
May came in the Top 4 in the Grand Festival and has taken out powerhouses like Flygon and Absol.

She's a strong trainer, period.

Diceman

Banned
What are you thinking?

May came in the Top 4 in the Grand Festival and has taken out powerhouses like Flygon and Absol.

Please tell me you are not serious?

Akaba

L Kickin' the Noise

Yes - that is strong.

But still, can you really equal the battles in contests to Satoshi's league?

The leauge...the opponnets ONLY battle. They should be three times better than contest trainers. So, Haruka beating them is great and all, proving she IS strong - but she would still get smoked by Satoshi and such.

And still, well - Satoshi didn't do as good as Haruka in Hoenn, but basically - he could of been second...or first, easily.

He lost to Tetsuya, who won the whole thing in a close as heck battle. So that just shows Satoshi did get stronger...

Wait, off-topic there.

High Commander Solomon

This is MADNESS!
She beat Brock.

Brock is a gym leader.

Can we stop this nonsense now?

Seriously, this implies that trainers who are strong battlers never enter contests, because by this logic they would always win. This is of course absurd, competitors being what they are, some will try. If they do try, they are losing battles somewhere to the coordinators May is beating, or someone even beneath them. If they do not, it's impossibly to make heads or tails of things.

Of course, logic dictates that successful synchronized swimmers must be hardworking people, what with the difficulty involved in the maneuvers and the level of skill necessitated to make it look easy and graceful, and we've seen that get pretty much anihilated throughout this series. That among other things is a dangerous warning about trying to apply logic to characterization with this show. The bottom line is that the winner is the one who gets the daily plotdevice.

Last edited:

Diceman

Banned
She beat Brock.

Brock is a gym leader.

Can we stop this nonsense now?

Seriously, this implies that trainers who are strong battlers never enter contests, because by this logic they would always win. This is of course absurd, competitors being what they are, some will try. If they do try, they are losing battles somewhere to the coordinators May is beating, or someone even beneath them. If they do not, it's impossibly to make heads or tails of things.

Of course, logic dictates that successful synchronized swimmers must be hardworking people, what with the difficulty involved in the maneuvers and the level of skill necessitated to make it look easy and graceful, and we've seen that get pretty much anihilated throughout this series. That among other things is a dangerous warning about trying to apply logic to characterization with this show. The bottom line is that the winner is the one who gets the daily plotdevice.

Was Brock using Steelix or Crobat?

Edit: I just saw your edit and I have to agree with you!

Last edited:

High Commander Solomon

This is MADNESS!
If battle experience on a Pokemon meant much of anything in this series, the only people succeeding would be the adults, because the kids, by nature of their young age, would have a long, LONG way to catch up. Not only are Ash and gang young, but most of the opponents who are with them at the top levels of these competitions are as well.

Akaba

L Kickin' the Noise
Kasumi could beat Haruka in a pokemon battle...

*Watches a Haru fan revolt.*

Phantom_Bugsy

So hot he's on fire.
[IMG139]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l233/Gillingtoves/gtfo/thisthreadsucks.png[/IMG139]

Guys, this is just dissolving into OMG MISTY IS BETTER THAN MAY STFU >:0 OMG MAY IS BETTAR SHUP kind of crap.

The same stuff is being said over and over, really. :/ *requests a closing*

Akaba

L Kickin' the Noise
[IMG139]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l233/Gillingtoves/gtfo/thisthreadsucks.png[/IMG139]

Guys, this is just dissolving into OMG MISTY IS BETTER THAN MAY STFU >:0 OMG MAY IS BETTAR SHUP kind of crap.

The same stuff is being said over and over, really. :/ *requests a closing*

That is what most fanshipping vs. fanshipping and characther vs. characther threads come to...my last post was a joke, just for you to know.

Phantom_Bugsy

So hot he's on fire.
That is what most fanshipping vs. fanshipping and characther vs. characther threads come to...my last post was a joke, just for you to know.

Yes, I know. D: But I mean the same 'points' are being 'made' over and over and it hurts me deep inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.