1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

I need a last pokemon

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation III Discussion' started by Ivarkald, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Ivarkald

Ivarkald New Member

'Hi guys, I am missing the last pokemon to get my full team:
    Golem lvl 49
    Electrode lvl 45
    Charizard lvl 45
    Gengar lvl 46
    Blastoise lvl 45
    Any tips for the last pokemon?

2. Ninja Bulbasaur

Ninja Bulbasaur Well-Known Member

Golem is weak against Grass, Water, and Fightibg. Can be covered by Charizard and Blastoise.
    Blastoise is weak against Grass and Electric. Can be covered by Charizard and Golem.
    Charizard is weak against Electric, Water, and Rock. Can be covered by Golem, Electrode, and Blastoise.
    Electrode is weak against Ground. Can be covered by Blastoise.
    Gengar is weak against Dark and Ghost. Can be covered by himself.

Dark and Fightning are weak against Bug and Fightning (dark), and Psychic and Flying. Fightning can be covered by Charizard with his flying types moved if he knows any. Suggestively a Bug or Fightning type POkemon such as a Machamp, Butterfree, or Beedrill.

3. JhenMohranMH3

JhenMohranMH3 Random Art Guy

Butterfree is a nice choice and trains up quickish

but I'd go with an alakasam as they are fast and have a nice movepool from that gen .
    also stab psychic goes through many a pokemon

4. Ivarkald

Ivarkald New Member

Thanks for the answers guys! I have a Scyther lvl 24, I also have a butterfree lvl 10 i think, just for filling the pokedex. And Alakazam lvl 37, which in your opinion should i take? And what about Crobat? would that be just dumb ?

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  5. Ninja Bulbasaur

Ninja Bulbasaur Well-Known Member

Butterfree is my suggestive because they have a good move set (I own one) and also they can learn HM Fly (I believe) and they learn several status moves which can be deadly. Scythed and Alakazam have good move sets, Scyther has high speed and attack, and with Alakazam being fully evovled you already have a head start. Crobat? You can get Crobat? I wasn't aware of that! Crobat's a good Pokemon being a duel-type and his TM choices are good! I say you have a good chance with all of them! Anyone have any better opinions? ;001; ;151;

6. Chidori__O

Chidori__O Well-Known Member

Are you close to Victory Road or did you beat the game already? If not the latter, then catch a Golbat in Victory road because that seems easiest.

7. Call Me Frankie

Call Me Frankie Firered Fan

I'd use the alakazam since it is a pretty decent Pokemon and it is already level 37.

8. Mudkipzroks

Mudkipzroks I like being nice!

Yes i agree with Call me Frankie and also maybe you could use a dark type maybe a Butterfree they aren't that bad

9. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lucario Lover

I recommend Snorlax or Tauros

10. EnragedSwalot

EnragedSwalot Well-Known Member

Venusaur or eggsegutor. for a grass type.

11. Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama

Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama Fancy footwork

You don't have a Grass type. Have you tried Victreebel, Vileplume, or Exeggutor?

12. Klizcool

Klizcool GARBAGE DAY?!?!

Try training either a Snorlax or a Chansey. A good strategy with the Chansey is to use it last in case you full team is fainted, so you can have Chansey take the hits while you heal your team. I've found myself doing this quite often.

13. Cutty

Cutty Forever now

Please. If for in-game only your team is already sufficient enough.

Now that you mention, Alakazam is quite useful. And Crobat is a cool one, except it won't evolve until you get the national pokedex.

14. Hunter Zolomon

Hunter Zolomon Well-Known Member

Butterfree is actually a pretty good pokemon. Everytime I have played Leaf Green, Yellow, Blue or Red I always made sure to catch a Caterpie and train him into a Metapod then train Metapod into a Butterfree. I like Butterfrees move set.

15. pikadon92

pikadon92 Beware of it's tail!

Try magneton. Sure, you already have an electric, but steel types resists especial pesky psychics.

16. Ocosn

Ocosn Member

Machamp would make a very good team member. STAB Fighting is super effective on 5 types...

Machamp
    Nature - Adamant
    Ability - Guts
    EV's - 128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 Spe
    -Cross Chop (Lv46) / Brick Break (TM31)
    -Bulk Up (TM08)
    -Rock Slide (FR/LG/E Move Tutor)(Egg)
    -Earthquake (TM26) / HP Ghost (TM10)

Cross Chop for power and critical hits, Brick Break for accuracy and wall breaking.
    Earthquake if you don't like IV hunting for Hidden Power, Hidden Power Ghost for coving Alakazam and Gengar.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  17. 36squid

36squid ISingTheBodyElectric

Scyther, Alakazam or Machamp should do the trick....

18. empoleon49

empoleon49 Dawn's number 1 fan™

Butterfree. Butterfree has helped me so many times in my Fire Red.