• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I need a last pokemon

Ivarkald

'Hi guys, I am missing the last pokemon to get my full team:
Golem lvl 49
Electrode lvl 45
Charizard lvl 45
Gengar lvl 46
Blastoise lvl 45
Any tips for the last pokemon?

Ninja Bulbasaur

Golem is weak against Grass, Water, and Fightibg. Can be covered by Charizard and Blastoise.
Blastoise is weak against Grass and Electric. Can be covered by Charizard and Golem.
Charizard is weak against Electric, Water, and Rock. Can be covered by Golem, Electrode, and Blastoise.
Electrode is weak against Ground. Can be covered by Blastoise.
Gengar is weak against Dark and Ghost. Can be covered by himself.

Dark and Fightning are weak against Bug and Fightning (dark), and Psychic and Flying. Fightning can be covered by Charizard with his flying types moved if he knows any. Suggestively a Bug or Fightning type POkemon such as a Machamp, Butterfree, or Beedrill.

JhenMohranMH3

Random Art Guy
Butterfree is a nice choice and trains up quickish

but I'd go with an alakasam as they are fast and have a nice movepool from that gen .
also stab psychic goes through many a pokemon

Ivarkald

Thanks for the answers guys! I have a Scyther lvl 24, I also have a butterfree lvl 10 i think, just for filling the pokedex. And Alakazam lvl 37, which in your opinion should i take? And what about Crobat? would that be just dumb ?

Last edited:

Ninja Bulbasaur

Butterfree is my suggestive because they have a good move set (I own one) and also they can learn HM Fly (I believe) and they learn several status moves which can be deadly. Scythed and Alakazam have good move sets, Scyther has high speed and attack, and with Alakazam being fully evovled you already have a head start. Crobat? You can get Crobat? I wasn't aware of that! Crobat's a good Pokemon being a duel-type and his TM choices are good! I say you have a good chance with all of them! Anyone have any better opinions? ;001; ;151;

Chidori__O

Are you close to Victory Road or did you beat the game already? If not the latter, then catch a Golbat in Victory road because that seems easiest.

Call Me Frankie

Firered Fan
I'd use the alakazam since it is a pretty decent Pokemon and it is already level 37.

Mudkipzroks

I like being nice!
Yes i agree with Call me Frankie and also maybe you could use a dark type maybe a Butterfree they aren't that bad

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I recommend Snorlax or Tauros

Klizcool

GARBAGE DAY?!?!
Try training either a Snorlax or a Chansey. A good strategy with the Chansey is to use it last in case you full team is fainted, so you can have Chansey take the hits while you heal your team. I've found myself doing this quite often.

Cutty

Forever now
Please. If for in-game only your team is already sufficient enough.

Now that you mention, Alakazam is quite useful. And Crobat is a cool one, except it won't evolve until you get the national pokedex.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Butterfree is actually a pretty good pokemon. Everytime I have played Leaf Green, Yellow, Blue or Red I always made sure to catch a Caterpie and train him into a Metapod then train Metapod into a Butterfree. I like Butterfrees move set.

pikadon92

Raiden Maximus
Try magneton. Sure, you already have an electric, but steel types resists especial pesky psychics.

Ocosn

Machamp would make a very good team member. STAB Fighting is super effective on 5 types...

Machamp
Nature - Adamant
Ability - Guts
EV's - 128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 Spe
-Cross Chop (Lv46) / Brick Break (TM31)
-Bulk Up (TM08)
-Rock Slide (FR/LG/E Move Tutor)(Egg)
-Earthquake (TM26) / HP Ghost (TM10)

Cross Chop for power and critical hits, Brick Break for accuracy and wall breaking.
Earthquake if you don't like IV hunting for Hidden Power, Hidden Power Ghost for coving Alakazam and Gengar.

Last edited:

empoleon49

Dawn's number 1 fan™
Butterfree. Butterfree has helped me so many times in my Fire Red.