• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I need a little help.

Black Murder Heavangelon

Ow! Ow! Harder! Ow!
Right now i'm writing a certain fiction i'm well known for on FF.net. i won't go into details and make it as subtle as possible in order to keep perspective on my situation. anyway...

I'm writing a chapter and right now, i'm working on a flashback. it's pretty long for a flashback and includes some details to the character's connection with other characters. it fills in a hole, but my concern is that the hole is small and may not be necessary.

I guess what i'm asking is, do i need to write the flashback if i want to, or do i take the option of writing it as an optional one-shot?

Azurne

~ ♥ ~
*Sigh* This is something that people would need to see in order for us to make a good judgment on it. The best advice I can give you is to trim it down as much as possible, but not skimp on any important details. It's imperative that you fill in whatever plot hole you've created, however you don't want to bore you readers with a lengthy one-shot sized flashback. Have someone else look it over before you post it, and see what can be cut. You might be surprised.

Also:

Right now i'm writing a certain fiction i'm well known for on FF.net. i won't go into details and make it as subtle as possible in order to keep perspective on my situation. anyway...

No offense dearie, but a lot of us here don't care too much for FF.net. And how would us knowing/not knowing your story make any difference in the advice we'd give you? :|

Black Murder Heavangelon

Ow! Ow! Harder! Ow!
well, it's not exactly a plothole but i did say i wanted to be subtle. Anyway, i will take your advice and trim it down. Looking it over, it will be long and I don't think it will be necessary to make it a one-shot.

As for your question, I just felt it would be better that way. I do feel that reading the story would help the advice given to me, but i only had a small question and did not think it was necessary to go over what i had written in the story. Unless you prefer I have to.

Anyway, thanks for the advice.

I'm writing a chapter and right now, i'm working on a flashback. it's pretty long for a flashback and includes some details to the character's connection with other characters. it fills in a hole, but my concern is that the hole is small and may not be necessary.
Sounds like you answered your own question.

If you do not know this fan fiction or have any idea what it entails, then you can not make a logical assumption about it needing a flashback or not. You kept the fic a secret from us.

Why are you asking us if none of us have ever read your fan fiction?

Anyway, this is more of a question the author should ask his/herself instead of the audience,especially one the fic has not come in contact with.

KingRaichu

Hail to da king baby
Um...my advice to you is write it if it feels right, then go back and look at it. If it feels unnecessary, awkward, or whatever, clip it or toss it. If not, then your good...