• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I need an Animé! ZOMG HALP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patches-Kun

Dawn Patrol
Gurren Lagann. Pretty much like Gundam in a sense. Really great storyline.

Also, FLCL for six episodes of pure awesome.

The Doctor

Absolute Beginner
The censoring and crap voices were not what made me dislike one piece. It's the fact that the main character's way of fighting is using his stretchy limbs in hand to hand combat. I think that it is stupid because if he is stretching his limbs one would think his blows would have less force than a normal punch.

You obviously don't understand the laws of physics. Stretch something back until it can't stretch any further, then release it. This has a lot of momentum, and a helluva lot of force.

You now have no reason to dislike it, and the reason you gave strikes me as scraping the barrel.

Neon genesis evangelion is a very good show that has influenced most of the anime we watch today. Don't let the Robot fighting fool you. It 26 eps and there a movie you can watched after your done watching the series which is End of Evangelion. It's very deep on later eps of the show so be mentally prepared and don't give up watching it.

Handsome

James: Falcon...
Must... watch... One Piece!

AND GUNDAM 00!

I thought Claymore was pretty good too, although not many people have heard of it.

Red Globe

Si Vis Amor, ama
Claymore, of course I've heard of it. I generally read more manga, but for the best of plots I believe early Digimon deserves some. I liked Beck as a manga so you might want to check out the anime.

FireFalcon

hear 'm roar
One piece is very good and it keeps getting better, especially in the manga. I would also recommend gintama, hitman reborn, d-grayman for the bigger series and sengoku basara, 07-ghost for the smaller ones. You should also await Fairy tail, when it is going to start this fall.

Last edited:
Fullmetal Alchemist. And Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. Thats all.

Chris

Old Coot
You obviously don't understand the laws of physics. Stretch something back until it can't stretch any further, then release it. This has a lot of momentum, and a helluva lot of force.

You now have no reason to dislike it, and the reason you gave strikes me as scraping the barrel.
Not to mention, he watched a series where "ninja" can walk/stand on water with the only explanation being "forcing chakra under their feet." As well as another series where the main character keeps surviving death just because of his sword and his split personality.

Uke

...Eh?...
Aquarion? It's like Gundam, but its not as good as Gurren Lagann in my opinion. Kino's Journey is good if you like thinking about things. Watch Wolf's Rain. Samurai Champloo.

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion is a really good anime. There's also Ghost in the Shell, and Eureka Seven. One that I highly recommend is Detective Conan. If you only like dubs of anime then disregard this. Detective Conan is a great anime that has a mix of action, mystery, some realism, and comedy. If you like having your brain challenged like I do then you will love Detective Conan

Last edited:

Rex Kamex

As much as I like One Piece (and I do, greatly)... I wouldn't recommend the entire series unless you're prepared to watch 400+ episodes (even though you have watched Pokemon).

And I only put Naruto in there so no one would suggest it. I personally don't like it much.

... Actually, that was clever...

HK

Radiance of Shadows
Also, FLCL for six episodes of pure awesome.
Neon genesis evangelion is a very good show that has influenced most of the anime we watch today. Don't let the Robot fighting fool you. It 26 eps and there a movie you can watched after your done watching the series which is End of Evangelion. It's very deep on later eps of the show so be mentally prepared and don't give up watching it.
Watch Wolf's Rain. Samurai Champloo.
True stories, all.

coolespeon

I dont know.
Let´s see... to stat, if you didn´t see dragon ball(when son goku was a kid) it´s a good one you should see. Then, others I can mention are Inuyasha, cowboy bepop, naruto, the first two seasons of digimon (the others are not worthy in my opinion), //hack, gundam wing, wolfs rain, neon genesis evangelion, corector yui, are the ones I remember so far and can recomend to you.

Alkaide

Scary Faerie♥
You should try watching Black Cat, Shaman King, InuYasha, or Hikaru No Go. I don't particularly think they're that good but it seems like you might be interested in them.

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
I recommend GetBackers. Two seasons so it's not overly long, and has plenty of action, comedy and a bit of drama.

Chris

Old Coot
You should try watching Black Cat, Shaman King, InuYasha, or Hikaru No Go. I don't particularly think they're that good but it seems like you might be interested in them.
Why the HELL would you recommend InuYasha?

Lucille

Hikaru No Go is great. Shaman King got old. InuYasha got cancelled where I live. and i've watched Black Cat

Chris

Old Coot
It wouldn't matter if you saw all of InuYasha. It being canceled is exactly how the series ended; no real climax. Just finished like an ordinary episode, with just a bigger emphasis on everyone's goals. Nothing was ever accomplished, which was a big "**** you" to anyone who actually watched the series the entire way through.

Chris

Old Coot
It wouldn't matter if you saw all of InuYasha. It being canceled is exactly how the series ended; no real climax. Just finished like an ordinary episode, with just a bigger emphasis on everyone's goals. Nothing was ever accomplished, which was a big "**** you" to anyone who actually watched the series the entire way through.

Status
Not open for further replies.