• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I Need Feedback/Constructive Criticism/Ideas!

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Hello, all! I’m going through some writer’s block right now. I’m having trouble what to do with either of the stories I’ve posted on here (which are “The Diaries of Avery and Allister” and “How I Met My Avery“ (the latter probably needs a different title). I’d also appreciate any feedback or constructive criticism for either story. And tips for future stories (I primarily write science fiction).
Thanks!

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
Say a prayer & write whatever comes to mind, even if it seems like a dumb idea. Then continue on, without trying to edit what you've already written. If you have two ideas flip a coin.

FlamingRuby

The magic of Pokemon
Read/watch/play something outside your chosen genre--you may find an idea you can adapt into your chosen genre
Don't just read/watch/ play the good stuff, either--sometimes a good idea can be found in a bad or just okay show.

Teravolt

It’s been y e a r s since I’ve played Black. So my geography of Unova is pretty shoddy right now. Which makes it virtually impossible to write a story about it (I’m trying). I really need a detailed walkthrough article of the original BW games AKA please help me

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
It’s been y e a r s since I’ve played Black. So my geography of Unova is pretty shoddy right now. Which makes it virtually impossible to write a story about it (I’m trying). I really need a detailed walkthrough article of the original BW games AKA please help me
Er...why don't you just search up "pokemon black faq"? Just typing it shows the GameFaqs site which has like a whole lot of guides you can choose from. And if one guide isn't enough, you could just use several to cross-reference details, like one guide tells you more about one part of an area while another tells more about another part in that same area.

Or you could even just use your game. You don't even have to explore the whole region. Assuming you still have your copy and a completed file, you can just go to the general area you wanna write about, say for example Driftveil City and the nearby routes, make notes of what details you want to include in your story, then go write your story, rinse repeat.

Orthographer

Word-Nerd
@Teravolt: You can also check this very site for detailed descriptions of Unova or any other Pokémon region. Serebii has guides to all the regions of the game, including detailed walkthroughs for the older games. Bulbapedia has detailed descriptions for most regions, too, so you could cross-reference them as @TheCharredDragon said.

As for constructive criticism and feedback, I'd be happy to take a look at some of your stories. I edit professionally, so I'm pretty good at noticing ways to improve spelling, grammar, punctuation, and usage.

Teravolt

@Teravolt: You can also check this very site for detailed descriptions of Unova or any other Pokémon region. Serebii has guides to all the regions of the game, including detailed walkthroughs for the older games. Bulbapedia has detailed descriptions for most regions, too, so you could cross-reference them as @TheCharredDragon said.

As for constructive criticism and feedback, I'd be happy to take a look at some of your stories. I edit professionally, so I'm pretty good at noticing ways to improve spelling, grammar, punctuation, and usage.
Awesome! I’d love that! At the moment, I’m writing “Teravolt: The Origins!” and “I’ll Never Let You Leave!”.