• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I need help, please read

speedbump07

I have just recently started playing Pokemon competitively, but so far I’ve been pretty good at it (In my opinion anyway)

But I have a dilemma. I have many new pokemon at my disposal, but no room for all of them. So, I need help mixing and matching to make two different effective teams, because I don’t know what to put on each team x_x so if you guys could help, that’d be awesome.

I know I don’t have enough to make two complete teams listed here, but I will soon have my hands on a Steelix, Speed Boost Blaziken, and Togekiss, so please consider them when deciding. If you want to know their info, just ask! The last pokemon needed to make a complete second team is up in the air atm.

And the ev’s and natures are set in stone unfortunatly, but most movesets are able to improved upon, its mostly which pokemon will go on what team that work well together.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, these teams will be used for Doubles on Random Matchup, so no legendaries, and I don't care much for tiers ^^

EDIT 2: Check out my friend's shop, where over half of these pokemon came from! http://serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=522906

EDIT 3: Added some more pokes

Here’s what I got right now:

Gliscor(F) @ Poison Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Nature: Impish
4 hp/252 Atk/ 252 Spd
Iv’s: 31/31/31/1/31/31
-Fling
-Swords Dance
-Earthquake
-Acrobatics

One of the newest editions to my team, but synergizing quite nicely with everyone else. Her main role is to take out as many Pokemon as possible before going down. Poison Heal helps survivability, Fling for a free poison and to free up Acrobatics, Earthquake for obvious reasons, and Acrobatics for obvious reasons as well. Thundurus and Tornadus can’t really do much to her most of the time, unless they have the ever common HP Ice.

Whimsicott (M) @ Grass Gem/Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Nature: Bold
252 hp/ 252 SAtk/ 4 Spd
Iv’s: 31/31/31/31/31/31
-Encore
-Cotton Guard
-Leech Seed
-Giga Drain

The most annoying (to the opponent) member of my team. Encore shuts down Fake Out users and status users, Cotton Guard for massive defense boosts, Leech Seed for healing, and Giga Drain for attacking, healing, and preventing taunt shut-down. Grass Gem boosts Giga drain since his special attack isn’t all that high.

Chandelure(M) @ Quick Claw
Ability: Flash Fire
Nature: Modest
4 hp/ 252 SAtk/ 252 Spd
-Overheat
-Energy Ball
-Shadow Ball
-Calm Mind

My revenge killer, or special sweeper, depending on the team. Overheat for tremendous power, Energy Ball for coverage, Shadow Ball for STAB and coverage, and Calm Mind for boosting his damage output or recovering from an Overheat. Hasn’t seen much use in the new team, but a necessary part of it.

Hydreigon (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Modest
4 hp/ 252 SAtk/ 252 Spd
-Draco Meteor
-Fire Blast
-Dark Pulse
-Surf

Tri-headed death. Draco Meteor OHKO’s or very near fainting most everything except steels and the like. Fire Blast takes care of said steels and the ever deadly ice types. Dark Pulse for STAB and possible flinching, and surf for coverage. Often paired with Latios, who takes surf like a champ. Blizzard is a horrible problem though.

Latios (M) @ Leftovers/Expert Belt/Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Timid
4 hp/ 252 SAtk/ 252 Spd
-Dragon Pulse
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Psyshock

My speedy, special, jack of all trades. Dragon Pulse for STAB and reliability, Thunderbolt for coverage, Ice Beam for the ever common Garchomp, Genie trio, and Dragonite. Psyshock for powerful STAB. Good for many types, often paired with Hydreigon, Gliscor, or Whimsicott. Again, Blizzard is a big problem, but his special defense can take it sometimes.

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
Nature: Adamant
4 hp/ 255 Atk/ 251 Spd
Iv’s: 31/31/30/25/31/26
-Bullet Punch
-Acrobatics
-Brick Break
-U-turn

My other Physcial attacker, and my salvation against the evil ice types. Was the very first pokemon I ever ev trained, hence the sloppy work XD. Bred him myself too! Anyway, Bullet Punch for powerful STAB and priority, and to take out ice types which most of my team hate, Acrobatics for good coverage, Brick Break for breaking Barrier, Light Screen and Blissey, and U-turn for baiting fire attacks for Chandelure.

Serperior (M) @ Light Clay
Ability: Overgrow
252 Hp/ 4 Satk/ 252 Spd
Iv’s: 31/24/31/16/29/31
-Giga Drain
-Calm Mind
-Reflect
-Light Screen

My wall, and the baby of the team (Proud to say I bred him myself :D). He’s a fantastic dual screener, and Light Clay makes them last that much longer. Calm Mind to boost his unfortunate special attack and his decent special defense, and Giga Drain to prevent Taunt shut-down and healing.

Glaceon (M) @ Nevermeltice
Ability: Snow Cloak
4 Hp/252 Satk/ 252 Spd
Iv’s: 31/30/30/31/31/31
-Ice Beam
-Wish
-Blizzard
-Shadow Ball

My answer to Hail teams. With Nevermeltice and 100% accuracy Blizzard, stuff gets hurt. Even when resisted, which is usually on hail teams. Ice Beam for STAB and Dragons, Gliscor, Genies, etc; Wish for healing, Blizzard for massive damage, and Shadow Ball for coverage.

Steelix @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
Nature: Sassy
Iv’s: 31/31/31/31/31/0
-Stealth Rock
-Heavy Slam
-Earthquake
-Gyro Ball

My other snaky wall, and with both screens up and occasionally during an opponent’s sandstorm, he can take a LOT of abuse. Stealth Rock cause it’s Stealth Rock, Gyro Ball for fast pokes, Heavy Slam for light and slow pokes (hehe, slow-pokes), and Earthquake because it’s earthquake.

Blaziken (M) @ Wide Lens/Life Orb/?
Ability: Speed Boost
Nature: Adamant
-Hi Jump Kick
-Flare Blitz
-Swords Dance
-Stone Edge
I don’t actually have him yet, but I know how I’m gonna use him. Hi Jump Kick for it’s huge damaging potential, Flare Blitz for ghosts and STAB, Swords dance for moar attack, and stone edge for the likes of Chandelure. Speed Boost makes him a beast if he can survive the first few turns.

So, those are my pokemon, constructive criticism and comments are appreciated ^^ If there’s anything else you need to know, just ask!

Last edited:

JASP01

Illust. Grand Master
Well, here are some suggestions:
-Serperior: Contrary Ability, Leaf Storm, HP Ice if possible, Glare, and Giga Drain.
-Chandelure: Don't run Calm Mind; it lacks the bulk to do so
-Glaceon: Bad Pokemon, and Hail Teams are usually a joke anyways.
-Whims: Replace Cotton Guard with Substitute. Whimsicott is annoying as hell as a Sub-Seeder.

speedbump07

Well, here are some suggestions:
-Serperior: Contrary Ability, Leaf Storm, HP Ice if possible, Glare, and Giga Drain.
-Chandelure: Don't run Calm Mind; it lacks the bulk to do so
-Glaceon: Bad Pokemon, and Hail Teams are usually a joke anyways.
-Whims: Replace Cotton Guard with Substitute. Whimsicott is annoying as hell as a Sub-Seeder.

I'm not playing on Pokemon Online, so I do not have access to Contrary, and I will make an offenseive Serp when it gets released, but right now he's purely defensive ^^;

If not Calm Mind, what do you reccomend on Chande? I had Psychic, but I switched it out for CM.

Most of my team has a crippling Ice weakness, Glaceon is on here to help negate that as much as possible, and in the right situations, she's really not that bad.

I might try substitute on Whimsy, but for right now, Cotten Guard works wonders, especially since he's usuallly paired with my earthquaking Gliscor, he can take a LOT of hits with +3 or +6 defense.

Last edited:

liam99

Heres some sugesstions that i run

hydras fine, but i prefer choice specs taking sp att to around the 530 mark ( kill and switch dracos )

chande makes a great choice scarf user taking speed to 400 mark replace calm mind with psychic and i find fire blast runs better than overheat.

if you do run specs on latios the move trick realy goes well, it can realy destroy a pokes game plan and i love doing it to the likes of ferrothorn.

hope some of these suggestions help,

speedbump07

Heres some sugesstions that i run

hydras fine, but i prefer choice specs taking sp att to around the 530 mark ( kill and switch dracos )

chande makes a great choice scarf user taking speed to 400 mark replace calm mind with psychic and i find fire blast runs better than overheat.

if you do run specs on latios the move trick realy goes well, it can realy destroy a pokes game plan and i love doing it to the likes of ferrothorn.

hope some of these suggestions help,

Might try specs on Hyd, once I get a pair.

I did have Chande as a C Scarfer, and with Psychic to boot, might go back to that. But Overheat can get a few OHKO's that Fire Blast couldn't or might otherwise miss.

I dunno about Trick, might try it, but the set I'm using right now really well.

Thanks for the thoughts!

liam99

yeah the trick set isnt realy a new one it was alakazams standard set realy in 4th gen.

alakazam, timid, specs
signal beam
psychic
signal beam
focus blast

but in pokemon online latios always seems to carry it and everyones using it to counter ferrothorns. it can destroy whimsicotts too. i actualy took ferrothorn out of my old team because of trick latios does, it work well. the set youve got runs good too, and i realy like scizzor + acrobatics, he improves with each gen.

speedbump07

yeah the trick set isnt realy a new one it was alakazams standard set realy in 4th gen.

alakazam, timid, specs
signal beam
psychic
signal beam
focus blast

but in pokemon online latios always seems to carry it and everyones using it to counter ferrothorns. it can destroy whimsicotts too. i actualy took ferrothorn out of my team because ot trick latios does, it work well. the set youve got runs good too, and i realy like scizzor + acrobatics, he improves with each gen.

I don't play on Pokemon Online, so I wouldn't know XD

I might try it out, but for right now, I'll stick to my pure offensive set :D

BTW, do you have any suggetstions on my main problem, aka what should go on each team? ^^;

liam99

i would say the first six in your team list leaving out the last two, although serperior actualy could run as a lead due to the fact that almost every team i seem to face these days runs a politoed dw drizzle lead. a large amount of teams are runing ninetales drought lead too thoe so could back fire. whimsicott could lead, blocking a opponents set up starter, when i build a team i run diffrent variations and see what runs best for me,

its tough posting in here, but youve got too remember that people will just leave opinions of what there faviourite sets are and you need to build a team that works for you and your style of play, put 6 together then battle with them as much as you can and youll be able to see where you weak points lie and who dosnt fitt or if you just need a simple move change,

that would be my best advice

Last edited:

speedbump07

i would say the first six in your team list leaving out the last two, although serperior actualy could run as a lead due to the fact that almost every team i seem to face these days runs a politoed dw drizzle. a large amount of teams are runing ninetales drought too so could back fire. whimsicott could lead, blocking a opponents set up starter, when i build a team i run diffrent variations and see what runs best for me,

its tough posting in here, but youve got too remember that people will just leave opinions of what there faviourite sets are and you need to build a team that works for you and your style of play, put 6 together then battle with them as much as you can and youll be able to see where you weak points lie and who dosnt fitt or if you just need a simple move change,

that would be my best advice

I see, I see...

I have been using Serp as a lead, often coupled with Scizor or Gliscor. Whimsy leads when he can, like against rain teams and fakeout users.

I have doing that, I justed wanted to see if anyone on here had an opinion on it, since there is no harm in asking ^^

Thank you for your time.

liam99

i think whimsicott as a lead would be better with a slightly diffrent move set, but serperior lead setting up dual screens is good tactic and could then switch to gliscor who could set up 3x sword dance with the dual screens up, that tactic would realy work and glis could sweep straight away. leaving serperior ready to come out again once screens go down

speedbump07

i think whimsicott as a lead would be better with a slightly diffrent move set, but serperior lead setting up dual screens is good tactic and could then switch to gliscor who could set up 3x sword dance with the dual screens up, that tactic would realy work and glis could sweep straight away. leaving serperior ready to come out again once screens go down

If the battle LASTS long enough for the screens to go down XD

Unforuntatly, Gliscor doesn't resist very many of Serperior's weaknesses, so coming in can be a bit of a challenge :/

liam99

change the set, gliscor only realy has to watch out for ice, put the nature that bosst sp deff and reduces sp att and put evs in sp deff and hp, then run agility over fling . turning him into a wall who will set up, or possibly evs in speed and hp runing roost over fling. just a possible suggestion of how you could get that serperior gliscor combo off

pokemonjeff

interested trader
I like the team. Few edits and suggestions tho. Run timid > modest on chandelure (gotcha covered already, have flawless and shiny. Its an infi!). I can get you a contrary snivy ;D.

OH! and as a great personal friend and favor, linkme' shop to this as almost your entire team is from my shop xD. I'll link your rmt as well in said shop, next to your name.

speedbump07

I like the team. Few edits and suggestions tho. Run timid > modest on chandelure (gotcha covered already, have flawless and shiny. Its an infi!). I can get you a contrary snivy ;D.

OH! and as a great personal friend and favor, linkme' shop to this as almost your entire team is from my shop xD. I'll link your rmt as well in said shop, next to your name.

Will start workin on the timid litwick soon, added more pokes, and my orginal question has not yet been answered :/