• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I need help with my TR team, wins only about 50% of the time

PokeDiva

I have worked really hard on creating this team and I think I did a pretty good job seeing as this was my first attempt at this sort of team. Thing is is that it wins only half of the time. Scizors are my biggest challenge for this team or basically any priority punching pokemon. I will post the original members of the this team and lastly who I added in as test replacements. And as a side note all of the pokemon have the speed IV's at 0.

437.png

Ding Dong: Sassy Nature@Light Clay
Ability: Heatproof
EV's: 252HP/ 128 Def/ 128 SpD
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Explosion
- Trick Room

This is the first of the 3 trick room users on this team. I think its pretty obvious w/o a long winded description of why I have him as my lead trick room user. He is extremely bulky and can set up either Light Screen or Reflect as well as a Trick Room before being switched out.

531.png

Sloth: Relaxed Nature@Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EV's: 252 HP/ 252 Def/ 6 SpD
- Toxic
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Trick Room

My cleric and 2nd Trick Room user. I'm thinking of swapping toxic for either flamethrower or protect. But basically I send her out if I have more the one haxed pokemon as well as to set up a wish and obviously Trick Room. I'm sure either the EV's or the moveset can use some modification.

233.png

Cyber Duck: Quiet Nature@Eviolite
Ability: Download
EV's: 252 HP/ 252 SpA/ 6 Def
- Discharge
- Trick Room
- Tri Attack
- Recover

The last Trick Room user. I really enjoy using the move Tri Attack mainly because to me it is the only move that will allow it the most coverage plus it's a STAB move. I'm going to assume I can have a better move other then discharge but it's been working out pretty well so far. Recover and Trick Room are obvious.

217.png

Mama Bear: Brave Nature@Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EV's: 252 HP/ 252 Atk/ 6 Def
- Facade
- Crunch
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance

A very strong physical sweeper. Guts+Stab makes facade capable of a 1HKO on most pokemon. Crunch is for any ghost types that facade can't hit. Close combat is just a to have a powerful fighting move for poke weak to fighting. If im lucky and predict my opponent will set up I can possible get one swords dance, at this point I'm pretty sure another physical move would be best.

257.png

Winglet: Quiet Nature@Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EV's: 6 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 SpA
- Fire Blast
- Hi Jump Kick
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power Grass

An excellent mixed sweeper. Fire Blasy and Hi Jump Kick for strong STAB moves. Stone Edge and HP grass for good coverage.

462.png

Bang Zoom: Quiet Nature@Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EV's: 128 Def/ 252 SpA/ 128 SpD
- Thunderbolt
- Tri Attack
- Hidden Power Fire
- Flash Cannon

A bulky special attacker with thunderbolt and flash cannon as its main STAB moves. Tri attack for coverage and and HP fire to take care of scizors which as I mentioned in my intro doesn't always pull off well because of bullet punch.

Alternate Trick Room user in place of Audino
547.png

Bo-Peep: Relaxed Nature@Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EV's: 252 HP/ 6 Atk/ 252 Def
- Stun Spore
- Leech Seed
- Trick Room
- U-turn

Stun spore for the hax but i think paralysis negates the trick room effect meaning it allows paralyzed pokes to go first but I could be wrong. Either way I think that move is kind of useless now on this poke for this sort of team. The rest of the moves should be obvious.

Alternate Mixed Sweeper
604.png

OhmOfWatts: Quiet Nature@Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EV's: 252 Atk/ 6 Def/ 252 SpA
- Hidden Power Ice
- Flame Thrower
- Grass Knot
- Wild Charge

HP ice for dragons and grass types. Grass knot for ground types. Flamethrower for steels like scizor and wild charge for STAB.

Ok, so there you have it. Please if you offer any suggestions do so along with the reason for the change. I ask that you don't bash me because again this is my first attempt at this kind of team. I thank you all in advance for all your help :)

randomn00b

Arcane Trainer
Replace Audino with an eviolite Dusclops. This minimizes your fighting weakness without sacrificing trick room.

PokeDiva

Replace Audino with an eviolite Dusclops. This minimizes your fighting weakness without sacrificing trick room.

Thank you. What sort of moveset would you suggest?

randomn00b

Arcane Trainer
Trick Room/Pain Split/Night Shade/Will-O-Wisp will work. Reuniclus is great for trick room teams as well and could replace Bronzong.

phione345

Unorthodox Trainer
I think Cofagrigus would be a better option than Evilioite Dusclops because it can actually attack things with a usable and boostable special attack stat, unlike Dusclops. Reuniclus is another great Trock Room pokemon, but Brongzong has the luxury of better bulk and typing but less offenses and limited recovery (Rest).

Funtime

Steel Trainer
I have worked really hard on creating this team and I think I did a pretty good job seeing as this was my first attempt at this sort of team. Thing is is that it wins only half of the time. Scizors are my biggest challenge for this team or basically any priority punching pokemon. I will post the original members of the this team and lastly who I added in as test replacements. And as a side note all of the pokemon have the speed IV's at 0.

Where are this team's problems coming from? If you have a certain one that is letting you down consistently it would be helpful to know it now...

437.png

Ding Dong: Sassy Nature@Light Clay
Ability: Heatproof
EV's: 252HP/ 128 Def/ 128 SpD
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Explosion
- Trick Room

This is the first of the 3 trick room users on this team. I think its pretty obvious w/o a long winded description of why I have him as my lead trick room user. He is extremely bulky and can set up either Light Screen or Reflect as well as a Trick Room before being switched out.

Bronzong is solid, but why Heatproof? Earthquake is always going to be a far greater threat and will be a lot more common. Also, how well does it do before switching out? This thing is going to suffer against Taunts and they are common. Explosion seems unnecessary if you get to switch out at >25% HP

531.png

Sloth: Relaxed Nature@Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EV's: 252 HP/ 252 Def/ 6 SpD
- Toxic
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Trick Room

My cleric and 2nd Trick Room user. I'm thinking of swapping toxic for either flamethrower or protect. But basically I send her out if I have more the one haxed pokemon as well as to set up a wish and obviously Trick Room. I'm sure either the EV's or the moveset can use some modification.

You're likely to be better off with the HP invested in Def. That's my automatic place to put it, but I haven't done any checks to see how useful it would be; but her base is rather low.

233.png

Cyber Duck: Quiet Nature@Eviolite
Ability: Download
EV's: 252 HP/ 252 SpA/ 6 Def
- Discharge
- Trick Room
- Tri Attack
- Recover

The last Trick Room user. I really enjoy using the move Tri Attack mainly because to me it is the only move that will allow it the most coverage plus it's a STAB move. I'm going to assume I can have a better move other then discharge but it's been working out pretty well so far. Recover and Trick Room are obvious.

Ah, the defensive duck. If you stick your SpA EVs into Def it can happily take on all sorts of physical threats. Actually, anything without a fighting move and Recover off the damage. Thunderbolt and Ice Beam give you great coverage, without STAB, but this one is really to take on the nasties that would mess up the rest of the team, no?

217.png

Mama Bear: Brave Nature@Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EV's: 252 HP/ 252 Atk/ 6 Def
- Facade
- Crunch
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance

A very strong physical sweeper. Guts+Stab makes facade capable of a 1HKO on most pokemon. Crunch is for any ghost types that facade can't hit. Close combat is just a to have a powerful fighting move for poke weak to fighting. If im lucky and predict my opponent will set up I can possible get one swords dance, at this point I'm pretty sure another physical move would be best.

Great coverage, a real pain to switch in to. Perfect on paper. But, you can consider Hammer Arm. It lowers speed, for slightly less power, which is perfect for Trick Room teams. Should help for any really slow enemy walls that might counter you.

257.png

Winglet: Quiet Nature@Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EV's: 6 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 SpA
- Fire Blast
- Hi Jump Kick
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power Grass

An excellent mixed sweeper. Fire Blasy and Hi Jump Kick for strong STAB moves. Stone Edge and HP grass for good coverage.

Don't forget Earthquake and Swords Dance. To be honest, this looks like the weak link. It's too slow if Trick Room expires, and too fast if it's in play. I would swap this out for a Priority abuser, perhaps Scizor, Mammoswine, Lucario, Empoleon.

462.png

Bang Zoom: Quiet Nature@Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EV's: 128 Def/ 252 SpA/ 128 SpD
- Thunderbolt
- Tri Attack
- Hidden Power Fire/Grass/Ice
- Flash Cannon

A bulky special attacker with thunderbolt and flash cannon as its main STAB moves. Tri attack for coverage and and HP fire to take care of scizors which as I mentioned in my intro doesn't always pull off well because of bullet punch.

Magnezone doesn't have much room for originality. HP Ice gives boltbeam combo, while grass covers those immune to Thunderbolt. Flash Cannon only gives you coverage on whoever resists both of the above, and it makes Tri Attack completely redundant. Take Explosion, or lose the Choice Specs and use Mirror Coat/Barrier/Light Screen as a backup. If you really want to go off the track then Magnet Rise/Gravity/Substitute all require a rethink of your strategy.

Ideas in bold.

PokeDiva

>>>>bump<<<<

You may want to add in a Magic Guard Reuniclus holding a Life Orb. It can be surprisingly awesome even though it has horrible defenses.
Why are they all shiny?

PokeDiva

You may want to add in a Magic Guard Reuniclus holding a Life Orb. It can be surprisingly awesome even though it has horrible defenses.
Why are they all shiny?

Thanks, and the site where I got the sprites from had them shiny unless they had an option for un-shiny sprites and I didn't realize them lol.

randomn00b

Arcane Trainer
Why are they all shiny?

It doesn't have "horrible" defenses. 110/75/85 is actually quite good.

Reuniclus@Life Orb
Quiet (+Sp. Atk, -Atk)
Trait: Magic Guard
252 HP, 252 Sp. Atk, 6 Def

~Calm Mind
~Trick Room
~Psychic
~Recover/Shadow Ball

One of the few Trick Room-ers that can actually sweep on its own.

PokeDiva

Does anyone else have anything else to add?

PokeDiva

>>>BUMP<<< I would appreciate a bit more help :(

GuardChomp

(︶_︶)╭∩╮
Im am very suprised noone has pointed this out but Why is ursaring holding a burn orb? Ursarings strong point is Attack & it doesnot Make sense to halve it.

[GS]

Staring at my phone
^ It's actually there to abuse Guts. The ability nullifies the burn's
Atk lowering effect, making it a quite decent strategy.

PokeDiva

^ It's actually there to abuse Guts. The ability nullifies the burn's
Atk lowering effect, making it a quite decent strategy.
That's what I've been researching. Apparently using a toxic ord will be taking away more hp then the flame orb so to me the flame orb was the better choice so he can be in battle as long as possible