• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

i need the toilet!

Mini Apocalypse

Soul Trainer
ive been thinking about this for a wile now and iv been looking out for it but i havnt found one yet. can anyone find me proof of a public toilet in the anime.it doesnt matter if its in the background ive just never seen one myself and would like others to see if they can help me find one...once you have found proof post it in here.

Lupin

Legendary Pokémon Coordinator
Its just one of the many things you don't see in the animie.

They all wash, get changed, and use the "bathroom" all off camera.

Plus it would be really wierd to see those things and it would be boring for Ash to be in the middle of a battle and say "I need the toilet", wouldn't it?

Also by the name I thought it was some spam thread from some newbie asking for the toilet xP

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
well, with several characters travelling in the anime, it can be assumed they just do it behind the bushes.

M

MagmaZero

They do so change clothes, its just that they don't care about fashion and have the same exact outfit in their bags.

SuperGlalie

<- Me Like A Lot!
Well this thread is random and i thought it was someone saying they needed the toilet as well!

On-topic: That must be the only reason why they have breaks in between i suppose. But if they go in the bushes or wherever, where do they go in an area without bushes, trees or rocks?

P

pisces_beedrill

in the anime, ash, misty and brock and other guys/gals always wear the same thing, that is unrealistic and cartoony, therefore, it is the same with toilets.

-Totodile-

GOTCHA!
Either they don't use the bathroom or they hold it in until they go home. Why do you think [spoil]May and Max went back to Petalburg when Ash and Brock went to Ash's house after the Hoenn League?[/spoil]

Freedom

Pokeman
-Totodile- said:
Either they don't use the bathroom or they hold it in until they go home. Why do you think [spoil]May and Max went back to Petalburg when Ash and Brock went to Ash's house after the Hoenn League?[/spoil]

now we know what brock did in 'the waterflowers of cerulean city' when he disappeared for half the episode. :D

Raevell

Oh, man... This thread is just making me laugh and laugh. I used to ponder this as well. XD Seeing as they'd be stuck in the woods for days on end... Gotta go the way of the campers. But we don't see anything about hygiene on the show. Surely the characters have to bathe as well after traveling in the forest for so long? I think the only time we saw anything on the subject was that strange Blissy episode where Ash took a shower. (the Japanese way at that!)

It's just the way of anime. Loop holes!

F

FabuVinny

Ash was using a waterfall to wash in the first Hoenn opening.

When they are travelling, it is likely that they just go behind a bush when they ned to do their thing. And Pokémon Centers will have the facilities as well.

Komedic Konservationist

N00b in the dungeon!
They probably go to the toilet when at Pokecentres.

Aptenodytes

Well it's a kid's cartoon so i dont think there would be a toilet in it. Just think of what would happen:
Random trainer: I challenge you to a battle!
Ash: Sorry i need to go take a dump!

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
Why does Al go through all these years without being rusted? Why does Bugs Bunny wear a towel when he's naked most of the time?

It a CARTOON. There's a good explanation for them to not go to the bathroom in the middle of the show, no public toilets or ever change their clothes. Besides, why the hell would do you want to see Ash pushing the big one the middle of a battle? o.o

Chris

Old Coot
Satoshi said:
Why does Al go through all these years without being rusted?
Because he makes sure to polish himself and keep his body in top condition to prevent his body from rusting, that's why. >_> There are instances in official art where we'll see him with a can of oil or somethin' of the sort. :p