• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I ranaway from Shaymin and saved. Can I still shiny hunt him?

Charizard7316

I think this can be made a separate topic. If not, I apologize.

So, like many, I've been shiny-hunting Shaymin using the runaway method. After encountering several regular Shaymin, I ran away and saved the game to close it. Does this mean that I cannot get a shiny Shaymin anymore?

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
I think this can be made a separate topic. If not, I apologize.

So, like many, I've been shiny-hunting Shaymin using the runaway method. After encountering several regular Shaymin, I ran away and saved the game to close it. Does this mean that I cannot get a shiny Shaymin anymore?
I think Shaymin is shiny-locked, since it’s a mythical. Unless I’m wrong?

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Shaymin is locked in PLA, but I dont think it's shiny-locked in BDSP.
If that's true you're going to have to prepare to reset a LOT. This is the case. I've never encountered a single shiny in BDSP. In comparison i found a shiny Shinx by pure coincidence in Legends Arceus. I could've missed it completely if that game didn't have a unique sound jingle if a shiny is nearby.

Charizard7316

I think Shaymin is shiny-locked, since it’s a mythical. Unless I’m wrong?

If that's true you're going to have to prepare to reset a LOT. This is the case. I've never encountered a single shiny in BDSP. In comparison i found a shiny Shinx by pure coincidence in Legends Arceus. I could've missed it completely if that game didn't have a unique sound jingle if a shiny is nearby.

Thank you all so much for the input!

I actually just got the Shaymin shiny with no hacking, so was worried for nothing.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
You could capture it a couple of times (use Master Ball if you have it), and see if the nature/stats change any.

If it does, then I think it can still be shiny, if not, then I think the Pokemon is set.

Of course, turn autosave off for this method.

Charizard7316

You could capture it a couple of times (use Master Ball if you have it), and see if the nature/stats change any.

If it does, then I think it can still be shiny, if not, then I think the Pokemon is set.

Of course, turn autosave off for this method.

Thank you! I did end up catching the shiny, so I think you are right.