• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I really enjoy the TPCi Dub of Pokémon.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Lunalah said:
But on the topic of voice actors, I love that Veronica recently congratulated Ash for winning the Alola League.

I heard about that, and I think it's nice of her to still care about Satoshi despite her not voicing him for thirteen years. I really liked her take on the character back in the OS saga, although by the time that AG started I was less enthusiastic about her voice acting since I began liking Rica's take on the role much more. Satoshi's TPCi voice has been so-so to me at best, but I respect Sarah because I've seen her on social media and she seems nice and very passionate about what she does.

Sonnas

You can't simply say Iris's and Cilan's rivalries with their egocentric rivals were good without recalling how they just...stopped appearing. That immediately rendered Iris and Cilan obsolete and reduced their overall character arcs. Hell, Gloria could have interacted more with Iris's rabid Dragonite, but she only did once.
Okay I can kinda see that with Georgia, but what do we really count Burgendy as Cilan's rival since I feel like he wasn't bothered by it most of the time since all she did was just scream she was going to be better than him but that didn't go anywhere.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Okay I can kinda see that with Georgia, but what do we really count Burgendy as Cilan's rival since I feel like he wasn't bothered by it most of the time since all she did was just scream she was going to be better than him but that didn't go anywhere.
Though she was insane, judging what happened after she left, Cilan stopped being serious about being a poet, er, Pokemon Connoisseur. He became a quirky person...who could be seriously mistaken for James if he wasn't a "bad" guy. The guy never faced an S-rank connoisseur. He was perfect. He turned into...

A MALE MALLOW.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan

By that logic, you could say that because Gary and Paul weren't bothered by Ash, they weren't rivals, or the same with Ash and Sawyer. Whoever's higher in the rivalry frequently doesn't view the person lower in the rivalry as much of a rival, it's just that in our show, we're used to our main character being the person who's lower in the rivalry

Leonhart

Imagineer
Sonnas said:

I don't think that Dent's neutrality when it came to Cabernet's attitude changes the fact that they were rivals: it was just a one-sided rivalry. On that note, I really liked Cabernet's dub voice and how she would say random French words. It wasn't faithful to the Japanese version's portrayal of her character, but it somehow worked.

Ryu Taylor

Unwavering beliefs. Richter Taylor is my name now.
Guzzlord English sound >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Japanese.
I agree with this 100%. Guzzlord sounds like a man being tortured in the Jpn version like holy ****.
Me too.
Just when I thought the credibility of the claim that the JP performances are the best couldn't die any more, that humiliating sound (which sounds like some bum trying and miserably failing at doing an impression of Tom Cat taking a mousetrap to the fingers) came up. It makes Guzzlord literally impossible to take seriously as a threat.
TPCi had every right replacing that with an actual monster noise that makes it sound like the fearsome world devourer Dia said it is.

Sonnas

I don't think that Dent's neutrality when it came to Cabernet's attitude changes the fact that they were rivals: it was just a one-sided rivalry. On that note, I really liked Cabernet's dub voice and how she would say random French words. It wasn't faithful to the Japanese version's portrayal of her character, but it somehow worked.
It also doesn't help that both Georgia and Burgendy had only 14 episodes of appearances (1 for their introduction and another in Rival Destinies for both) and the rest of them are just the tournaments.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
I'd not say every Goldfarb track is terrible though
The music in some moments is actually good and blends well with the rest, like when Ash uses a Z-move
Not always and not often though

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
Long writing short: The music, voice acting, and dialogue is just atrocious to me compared to 4Kids. One of the reasons i stopped watching regularly. Call me nostalgic, i don't care. Music, writing, and acting can make or break a show/movie, and TPCi does not do a good enough job to me to be praised so highly! I only wish another dub company could take over the reigns since 4Kids no longer exist.

Ariki

I think the TPCi dub of Sun and Moon has been great. I can't wait to see how they handke the next season!

Ryu Taylor

Unwavering beliefs. Richter Taylor is my name now.
I'd not say every Goldfarb track is terrible though
Me neither. In fact, the only bad ones are every bit of music having to do with Team Skull (though that's also true of the games and the JP version tracks they spawned). But what's one set of flubs compared to many hundreds if not thousands of successes?

I must also add that the dub music is better composed than it is edited and placed.