• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I seldom lose with my only team!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LetsGoJeto

I pwn weather teams
Hello there. I believe my team is fairly solid despite some predictability but any advice whatsoever is gladly appreciated.

Bullykutta

141.png

Adamant
Swift swim
Item: Focus sash

4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

Stealth Rock
Rapid spin
Rock slide
Aqua Jet

Kutta here is always my lead. His only goal is to get up stealth rock. Occasionally he gets the speed boast from drizzletoad, but otherwise he's KO'd quickly.

Diablo

229.png

Hasty
Flash Fire
Item: Shell bell

252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Substitute
Nasty Plot
Fire Blast
Dark Pulse

My special sweeper and receiver of fire. Typically I bring him in on expected fire type moves, take the boost in power and proceed to nasty plot. Other times he's switched in when counters to my espeon hits with dark/ghost attacks. His stab dark pulse hits hard and the occasional flinch is welcomed. Substitute permits me to avoid sleep power or other status moves. More people DC/quit against him after he's set up than any of my pokemon.

Mayday

149.png

Adamant
Multiscale
Item: Lum berry

252 Atk / 4 SDEF / 252 Spe

Dragon Dance
Fire Punch
Outrage
Extremespeed

Mayday is my physical sweeper. He's just a beast and flawless in what he does. His ability guarantees survival and his lum berry prevents any status conditions whatsoever. The occasional taunt can stop him but that isn't really a problem. Fire punch gives me coverage on all types takes care of steel types that are switched into me. I also use fire punch after dragon dance when I'm not sure if I want to be locked into that move.

Lola

433.png

Jolly
Klutz
Item: Flame orb

252 ATK / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Switcheroo
Healing Wish
After You
Return

I decided to put EVs in her attack because when taunted, her stab return does considerable damage. Even KO's (with stealth rock.) Her main use is either switching items with physical attackers to burn them or completely healing another one of my pokemon. After you is used mainly in double battles and the like when I spam rock slide.

Flashpop

196.png

Timid
Magic Bounce
Item: Light clay

4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Calm Mind
Relect
Light Screen
Psychic

Probably one of the most important members on my team. Without him, I wouldn't be able to set up for sweeps. I wanted a dual screener that could hit hard and that's just what he does. His ability is useful against predicable status moves and the like.

Jeto

134.png

Bold
Hydration
Item: Leftovers

248 HP / 224 Def / 36 SpD

Rain Dance
Surf
Ice Beam
Wish

I've tried many different vaporeon movesets and this one is most effective for me. He cannot be stalled out with status moves due to his ability. And behind two screens and access to wish makes him my most reliable staller. ice beam and surf finishes off just about everything even when facing other bulky water types. Succine can be a pain however...

Last edited:

FoxMcCloud

is Hidden
Theres no special wall...
I suggest either replacing kabutops or finding a bester use for him than a suicide lead. I feel like aerodactyl does it better even with out rapid spin. Hell, forretress does this better and you dont even have to sacrifice him.

Vaporeon also needs water absorb since this isnt a rain team. The chance of you facing one isnt even worth it.

Whoaaaaa, Conkelldur sweeps this whole team. As long as espeon doesnt get to calm mind anyway.

Having both calm mind and light screen is pointless, his set also leaves him with one SINGLE attack.
Hes just begging for metagross or ttar to come in and pursuit him. I think youre trying to too many things with espeon. You could try baton passing calm mind. And if hes support, give him a bullier ev spread. Not the spread of a sweeper. I also suggest that you docsomething aboutthat landorous and gliscor weakness you have. Youve only got one immunity to ground. Dugtrio would be pleased.

Houndoom isnt going to be doing too much of anything this generation unless he's scarfed and in the sun. Or just scarfed. I think infernape outclasses him the way youre using him.

Your pokemon need to support one or two common goals. Try focusing on dragonite and base your team on him setting up. With this in mind, keep vaporeon as well.

Last edited:

LetsGoJeto

I pwn weather teams
Theres no special wall...
I suggest either replacing kabutops or finding a bester use for him than a suicide lead. I feel like aerodactyl does it better even with out rapid spin. Hell, forretress does this better and you dont even have to sacrifice him.

I don't like the pokemon mentioned. I only play with my personal favorites and kabutops is effective at what he does.

Vaporeon also needs water absorb since this isnt a rain team. The chance of you facing one isnt even worth it.

I've ran WA vaporeon and it's not as effect as my hydration vaporeon. Rain dance is the reason why other weather teams are shut down.

Whoaaaaa, Conkelldur sweeps this whole team. As long as espeon doesnt get to calm mind anyway.

BAHAHAHA! Conkelldur is no threat to my team. I've never lost a match because of one, merely a single pokemon.

Having both calm mind and light screen is pointless, his set also leaves him with one SINGLE attack.

Flashpop main purpose is to set up the screens for my sweepers. I typically take out three to four pokemon with Dragonite alone. When there's no need for a switch, calm mind allows me to increase power while the opponent switches and sweep.

Hes just begging for metagross or ttar to come in and pursuit him.

Dragonite's firepunch takes care of metagross almost always.

I think youre trying to too many things with espeon. You could try baton passing calm mind. And if hes support, give him a bullier ev spread. Not the spread of a sweeper.

That's why he's so effective. People assume because he's a dual screener, he cannot pack a punch. Well, they learn.

I also suggest that you docsomething aboutthat landorous and gliscor weakness you have. Youve only got one immunity to ground. Dugtrio would be pleased.

Never had much trouble from those two quite frankly.

Houndoom isnt going to be doing too much of anything this generation unless he's scarfed and in the sun. Or just scarfed. I think infernape outclasses him the way youre using him.

Espeon is usually sent out before houndoom. Dual screens allows me to set up so.

Your pokemon need to support one or two common goals. Try focusing on dragonite and base your team on him setting up. With this in mind, keep vaporeon as well

There is no need for all that. I understand the game play the strategies just based on the pokemon I'm about to face. I kid you not, I win vast majority of battles simply because people cannot figure out what I'm doing. Despite its weaknesses, dual screens saves me from defeat almost every time. When I cannot set up dual screens, that's when it gets a bit tricky. However, dragonite is so thorough at setting up and sweeping, dual screens aren't always needed.

FoxMcCloud

is Hidden
You'll learn quickly that a team of your favoites wont work out as well as you planned. Especially sice it causes you to shoot down every good idea that is suggested. In theory, these ideas are great. But no one is just gonna let you setup in their face. And espeon CANNOT sweep with one, single, predictable STAB attack. Look at thmoveset of a banded conkelldur, or even the moveset of a bulk up conk, and you'll understand what Im saying.

LetsGoJeto

I pwn weather teams
You'll learn quickly that a team of your favoites wont work out as well as you planned. Especially sice it causes you to shoot down every good idea that is suggested. In theory, these ideas are great. But no one is just gonna let you setup in their face. And espeon CANNOT sweep with one, single, predictable STAB attack. Look at thmoveset of a banded conkelldur, or even the moveset of a bulk up conk, and you'll understand what Im saying.

Oh, I understand what you're saying, but I win most of the time. Funny thing is, even when people do figure out what I'm trying to do, there's not much that can stop my sweep considering the dual screens. Brick break seldom stops me either lol. I've tested it with many people from smogon's OU tier battle thread and it proves effective. Bulk up conk is still not much of a problem for me.

I didn't want to merely use pokemon that are expected to win, so I pulled together a team of my favorites and have been kicking *** and taking names ever since. It helps to predict what moveset your opponent is running considering many competitive battlers run the same movesets with some of most OU pokemon.

Predictable or not, my espeon sweeps and shuts stall teams down tossing their non damaging moves right back at them. It just tickles me that the things you've mentioned occur often and I still sweep. And I doubt these players are rookies because their teams are cookie cut from smogon.

Last edited:

Mayu808

GIGA DRILL BREAK!!!!
Just wanna touch base on your last post. Just because you found someone from smogon using a cookie cutter team does not make that a valid argument as to how good the players your playing. For example, I threw together the main OU tier pokes and the anti-weather core to battle and I'm still not that great. However I do applaud you for using your favorites instead of the cookie cutter pokes. Well, dragonite is sort of one... I just think most pokes seen in OU are cookie cutter. Anyways, back on topic, I personally do not like loppunny... Just never have, I mean it's got a cool design but I just dont like what it does. You could use a sigilyph if your trying to burn something with the orb or any other choice scarf tricker. That's really my opinion. Just do note that a good player with said cookie cutter teams will destroy your team, or at least make it REALLY hard for you to win. Last thing, weavile and a lot of other dark types can switch in on a psychic and then use pursuit since your forced to switch and start over. Then the better player will do it again at a later time since you will probably live due to reflect. Just a little something to think about when you see said dark types in team preview.

TDawg

First off whats the point of RMT if you're not going to take any of the advice? You're just making arguement. but anyways your teams decent at most in my opinion. Jolteon can easily sweep through it though. same with Conk like people above have said

LetsGoJeto

I pwn weather teams
Just wanna touch base on your last post. Just because you found someone from smogon using a cookie cutter team does not make that a valid argument as to how good the players your playing. For example, I threw together the main OU tier pokes and the anti-weather core to battle and I'm still not that great. However I do applaud you for using your favorites instead of the cookie cutter pokes. Well, dragonite is sort of one... I just think most pokes seen in OU are cookie cutter. Anyways, back on topic, I personally do not like loppunny... Just never have, I mean it's got a cool design but I just dont like what it does. You could use a sigilyph if your trying to burn something with the orb or any other choice scarf tricker. That's really my opinion. Just do note that a good player with said cookie cutter teams will destroy your team, or at least make it REALLY hard for you to win. Last thing, weavile and a lot of other dark types can switch in on a psychic and then use pursuit since your forced to switch and start over. Then the better player will do it again at a later time since you will probably live due to reflect. Just a little something to think about when you see said dark types in team preview.

Mentioned are the pokemon that are serious threats to my team and I finish them off anyway. There's more to battling than just types and avoiding checks. Even more so, assuming conclusions based on "paper."

I'd gladly battle anyone who wants to test their theories.

Mayu808

GIGA DRILL BREAK!!!!
Mentioned are the pokemon that are serious threats to my team and I finish them off anyway. There's more to battling than just types and avoiding checks. Even more so, assuming conclusions based on "paper."

I'd gladly battle anyone who wants to test their theories.

Okay, now your being arrogant. I tried to be nice but you kinda are too stubborn. Yes, it's not all "checks and counters" or type synergy, but you act as if no one can beat you. I know you didn't say that but that's what you are sounding like. So what exactly was the point of this RMT if all your doing is arguing. Just hear me out. Technically, a rain team with toxicroak and ferrothorn will rape you. So please stop with the arguments and just try the suggestions first (unless they are REALLY stupid). I do apologize if this is harsh but you were asking for it.

Chocolatepie2

I travel by TARDIS
Vappy can have rest instead of Wish because hydration will cancel out the sleep turns.

LetsGoJeto

I pwn weather teams
Okay, now your being arrogant. I tried to be nice but you kinda are too stubborn. Yes, it's not all "checks and counters" or type synergy, but you act as if no one can beat you. I know you didn't say that but that's what you are sounding like. So what exactly was the point of this RMT if all your doing is arguing. Just hear me out. Technically, a rain team with toxicroak and ferrothorn will rape you. So please stop with the arguments and just try the suggestions first (unless they are REALLY stupid). I do apologize if this is harsh but you were asking for it.

No toxicroak ever gave me issues and I switch espeon into ferrothorn to toss his non damaging moves right back. Fire punch on my Dragonite takes care of steel types. Ferrothorn allows me to set up my houndoom because Ill just substitute, nasty plot and sweep.

I know I come off as arrogant but that's not exactly what I was attempting to portray...

You see, I'm used to battling my checks and weather teams. So much so that weather teams of any type usually fall to my team. I'd say I win 3-4 times out of five battles. Sun/sand/hail teams are shut down by my vaporeon's rain dance. It's the surprise factor really. And it's down right fun to battle with such a randomly thrown together team of favorites.

windsong

WEST SIDE
SD Excadrill sets up on Lopunny after you've Switcheroo'd your flame orb away and 6 - 0s you.

Rain 6 - 0s you, despite you having Vaporeon and Kabutops, since Tornados can just spam Hurricane and 6 - 0.

You can't break stall, especially if they run TTar.

CB Haxorus can just switch in and get a free KO every time turn, while you can't ohko it, just force it out. Same goes for CBNite. Scarf Haxorus also 6 - 0s you.

Specs Latios and Mix/Specs Hydreigon can just **** draco meteors all over your team, and you have to sac something every time.

You can't break common defensive cores. They just phaze Dnite with phys def skarmory or something.

CB Landorus and CB Terakion can both 6 - 0 you.

Vaporeon is worthless at walling if you're just running Wish and not Protect. And don't talk about Vappy "shutting down" sand/sun teams -- Vappy can't switch into a single Sun or Sand sweeper, and without Protect, you're not going to be healing enough.

Any Gliscor with Substitute is a pain for you to deal with, especially Sub/Toxic/Taunt/EQ.

Nothing on your team can switch into standard CBApe well if rocks are up.

Scarf Rotom-W 6 - 0s you.

OTR Reuniclus 6 - 0s you.

Volcarona can 6 - 0 you if Vaporeon is slightly weakened (extremely likely, considering the set you're using...)

tl;dr this is not a good team. It's also evident that you're unwilling to change anything, and fixing all of these issues would lead to removing most of the team. Anyways, finally, uh, don't be cocky if you clearly can't back it up, lol. That makes you look like a fool.

LetsGoJeto

I pwn weather teams
SD Excadrill sets up on Lopunny after you've Switcheroo'd your flame orb away and 6 - 0s you.

Rain 6 - 0s you, despite you having Vaporeon and Kabutops, since Tornados can just spam Hurricane and 6 - 0.

You can't break stall, especially if they run TTar.

CB Haxorus can just switch in and get a free KO every time turn, while you can't ohko it, just force it out. Same goes for CBNite. Scarf Haxorus also 6 - 0s you.

Specs Latios and Mix/Specs Hydreigon can just **** draco meteors all over your team, and you have to sac something every time.

You can't break common defensive cores. They just phaze Dnite with phys def skarmory or something.

CB Landorus and CB Terakion can both 6 - 0 you.

Vaporeon is worthless at walling if you're just running Wish and not Protect. And don't talk about Vappy "shutting down" sand/sun teams -- Vappy can't switch into a single Sun or Sand sweeper, and without Protect, you're not going to be healing enough.

Any Gliscor with Substitute is a pain for you to deal with, especially Sub/Toxic/Taunt/EQ.

Nothing on your team can switch into standard CBApe well if rocks are up.

Scarf Rotom-W 6 - 0s you.

OTR Reuniclus 6 - 0s you.

Volcarona can 6 - 0 you if Vaporeon is slightly weakened (extremely likely, considering the set you're using...)

tl;dr this is not a good team. It's also evident that you're unwilling to change anything, and fixing all of these issues would lead to removing most of the team. Anyways, finally, uh, don't be cocky if you clearly can't back it up, lol. That makes you look like a fool.

Want to battle?

windsong

WEST SIDE
rofl.....

you could just tell me how you deal with each of those threats, l0l

or you can continue acting silly and disregard the fact that half of OU curbstomps this team, your choice!!!!11!1!1!

edit: but meet me on PO and let's play!!!1!1!

Last edited:

LetsGoJeto

I pwn weather teams
rofl.....

you could just tell me how you deal with each of those threats, l0l

or you can continue acting silly and disregard the fact that half of OU curbstomps this team, your choice!!!!11!1!1!

If you have a DS we could battle right now actually. I'm predicting a good battle so I'm bringing my inferape in place of kabutops.

windsong

WEST SIDE
rofl wifi

and if it's CBApe, hey, that might fix your Excadrill weak a little!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(but seriously how have you managed to beat Scarf Haxorus or Specs Latios in the past, lololol. The person doesn't even have to be any good to beat you with those)

Jak2551

~SHARK FIGHTA~
Im pretty sure some else mentioned it but just in case... The rofl bunny has Kultz, you cant hold items with that dreadful excuse of an ability :p

Status
Not open for further replies.