• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I started reading Death Note.

Joshua the Shadow Lugia

Breeding randomly
I have not read the manga but have wathced the first episode on youtube. It was great. But I cannot get the manga from borders...

Des

Bloody 'ell is that?
Shall I spoil the ending for you then?

FaFniR

I read Death Note. I'm on... Chapter 95, I believe. It's awesome. My favourite characters are L and Near.

Hakuryuu

Bloody git
Ahem.. *points to Death Note club*

Anyways, yes I read Death Note. The anime is almost over.. which is saddening, but the series was great. I re-read part II, and it wasn't as bad as I first thought it was.

freedom-123

AAMayL supporter
ive watched it and read it the ending is very suspected and very dramatic

HK

Radiance of Shadows
Just to let you know, L
L
ies.

Ittza spoilah!

I would've liked, nay, maybe even somewhat loved Death Note if the insanely dark, nihilistic, EVIL WINS ending was used to cut volume seven short. But alas, this is a shounen series, so it had to be milked as much as it could and we got the utterly boring and tedious part two. Boo.

+Rhapsody+

DELETE DELETE
freedom-123 said:
ive watched it and read it the ending is very suspected and very dramatic

Too bad most of the events leading up to it dragged on tediously.

I also would have ended up loving Death Note if actual character development had been existent.

+Rhapsody+

DELETE DELETE
the manga seems more dramatic than the anime

Energy bursting from a pen as it is slashed across a Death Note page isn't dramatic enough?

The anime is quite loaded with overdramatized scenes. The manga only has long paragraphs of dramatic text.

seeing as it's a different kind of shonen, not rife with spiky hair, bulgy muscles and superhuman powers. supernatural granted, but not superhuman
it's a more intellectual shonen, so i like it. cause it's devious and different. and i want to look like ryuk. or L.

seeing as it's a different kind of shonen, not rife with spiky hair, bulgy muscles and superhuman powers. supernatural granted, but not superhuman
it's a more intellectual shonen, so i like it. cause it's devious and different. and i want to look like ryuk. or L.

You want to look like a heroin addicted demon or an emo kid that hasn't bathed.

When it all boils down, it's not that "intellectual".

Outlawz

I'm a slasher!
Ending is terrible, why does light have to go down whining like such a little *****? More importantly, why does Near have to win, I would have like it better if Near burned to death and Mello lived, that would have been acceptable.

dude, near is awesome! he's always so " i really dont care" he's a more suitable L-clone than mello, by far. mello is too angsty. of course, you cant top the original L. Ryuzaki, you will be remembered.

Anzua2

Ending is terrible, why does ***** have to go down whining like such a little *****? More importantly, why does ***** have to win, I would have like it better if ***** burned to death and ***** lived, that would have been acceptable.

WAY TOO MANY SPOILERS.

Please, be considerate of others. You and I may know the ending, but not everyone does. Use spoiler tags, or at least edit your post.

WAY TOO MANY SPOILERS.

Please, be considerate of others. You and I may know the ending, but not everyone does. Use spoiler tags, or at least edit your post.

The last volume is out in US now, so spoilors can be welcome now.