• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I still can't decide which starter to go for.

obsidianflux

What a bummer. I am on my third playthrough and every time i'm about to pick a starter it's a moral battle. What I prize over pure power is versatility. What do you guys suggest? I went with Sobble the first time and Scorbunny the second. why you picked a certain starter and not the other?

UberFrost

Haha, every time. Maybe try Grookey this time? Rillaboom is a physical attacker, given, but can be amped up in terms of versatility more than Fire and Water types I believe. Never tried it though.

• Rillaboom: 100/125/90/60/70/85
  • Cinderace: 80/116/75/65/75/119
  • Inteleon: 70/85/65/125/65/120
(HP/atk/def/sp atk./sp def./speed).

technically, the first gym is grass so scorbunny helps. in general as well scorbunny has a higher popularity. the one reason i dont like it is why the hell does it wear clothes? also you need to worry about completing your dex. for example, it's harder to get grookey later on as only few pick it (like you). It helps to read some head-on-head comparison between the three starters and their evolved forms.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Popplio?
Joke. Maybe Sobble

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Sobble. First, Inteleon’s design is SICK. Also, Inteleon is fast and hits pretty hard, traits I prioritize in my Pokémon. Coverage against the Grass Gym can easily be taken up by a Rookidee or some other Flying or Fire-type.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Popplio?
Joke. Maybe Sobble
favorite gen7 starter, cute and unloved. cute in 2nd form and nice in final form. gen7 grass starter is nice too but i never liked incineroar design...
i also chose sobble. it was a tough descision. i didnt like rillaboom's design too much so i went with water.

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
My first playthrough I boxed my starter as quickly as possible and considered Rookidee my real one. Trained him all the way to a level 100 Corviknight and developed the same kind of bond I would have with a more “traditional” choice.

Are there any early route mons that strike your fancy more?

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
I can't really make a choice given my lack of experience with Galar, but I think it's best to choose based around what team you plan to use. If you want to something else that's Fire, Water or Grass, then I'm sure you can leave the undecided type to pick your starter. Given you seem to want to focus on battle prowess, I suggest looking at the stats and movepools when making your choice.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Rillaboom is quite good if you teach it the right moves. It has access to False Swipe which is always excellent for catching wild Pokémon but with the Wild Area it is even more useful. All of the starters have their uses really. Cinderace is good if you like hitting opponents hard especially with Libero. Inteleon is great for striking first with Snipe Shot. Rillaboom is in the middle but it is the best if you want to catch all of the wild Pokémon that are encountered from normal means because of False Swipe especially if you’re playing Shield since Zamazenta can’t learn it.