• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I think I figured it out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

user name coming soon

the universe is made of space time matter bu mabey i will be life

Hikozaru Trainer

Kanto Trainer
Who said there has to be a third legendary. I'm not saying there isn't one and I'm not saying there is I'm just saying that all the versions are different and there might not be a third thing like matter or seasons. So why don't we wait or you all can keep thinking about it I really don't mind either way.

Fangirl

D/P stupidity makes me weep.
If there's a third Legendary (I have no opinions on this matter) to be the equivalent of a D/P Rayquaza, it will likely be Matter. Why? Because no matter who wants to argue the fact, this game is aimed at ten year olds, and the majority of ten-year-olds aren't going to grasp the concept of a 'Void' between universes. Matter will be more easily relatable to them and their educational level.

Though, I think it's all far too stretched. Perhaps this is just me, and the crappy Texas education system, bt when I was ten, my science classes involved the basics of weather and things like photosynthesis; as a Junior in high school now, Space, Time, and Matter are still blurry subjects we barely touch. Basics physics in my freshman year (Newton's laws and such), a little chem then and alot of chem now...that's the average HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS education, and we're pushing this on fifth graders?

Then again, perhaps Game Freak is noticing that it's core consumer group is made up of 20-somethings who got sucked in during R/B/Y. Who knows, who cares.

And I'll point out, to assume we'll have a third box legendary is silly as hell. There is no patern when it comes to 'main' Pokemon, as has been demonstated:

R/B/G/Y: Charizard, Blastoise, Venasaur(?), Pikachu
This gen, unlike R/S/E, didn't wrap it's entire plot around three Legendaries, and was all the better for it. Notice that the starters are the ones on the box, earning them the title of 'main' Pokemon?

G/S/C: Ho-oh, Lugia, Suicune
This gen wrapped the legendaries into the plot a little more, but it still wasn't that noticeable. I think Crystal had the most legendary involvement, which consisted of you seeing Suicune here and there. I don't recall much about Gold, and never played Silver (which didn't matter, because they're sister games), but I can't remember having to do much with the legendaries to finish the game. It was mostly TR and their plot to forcibly evolve Pokemon.

R/S/E: Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza
The first--and hopefully last--truly legendary based. You had to do everything swhort of actually catching the Legendaries to finish this ****ing game, and truly made Legendaries feel so unspecial, what with you seeing thwm every which way. With ten legendaries, eight of which you could catch in-game, it was total crap. Do you really want to see this again?

And, to whoever said that an uncatcheable legendary would no longer be a Pokemon, you're an idiot. The legendaries are supposed to balance things out, as we've seen in the anime and the game's Pokedexes. I would LOVE to see a legendary too powerful to catch, or too essential to natural balance to capture (as though Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Ho-Oh, Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza weren't ****ing essential enough), that you simply got the Pokedex info for after extensive contact with the beast. It doesn't make it any less a Pokemon. It's data would have to be in the game anyway, so maybe one could battle with it, without owning it? All the the little whiners with a cheat device could appease themselves by hacking one.

Bah.

vappy

Manga Blows
Thank you Ushi, I am now 1/4 blind.

And suicune was a part of a trio, so he is irrelevant.

Lishus13

Poli-Spriter!
RBY: Zapdos, Articuno, Moltres, Mewtwo, Mew

GSC: Suicune, Entei, Raikou, Ho-oh, Lugia, Celebi

RSE: Regirock, Registeel, Regice, Kyogre, Groudon, Latias, Latios, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys

Comparisons:

The Trios:

Zapdos, Moltres, Articuno
Registeel, Regirock, Regice
Raikou, Entei, Suicune

The Ultimate

Mewtwo
Rayquaza

Little Legendaries

Celebi
Mew
Jirachi

Weather Wonders

Kyogre
Groudon
Ho-oh
Lugia

Dragonite Trainer

Pokemon Breeder
RBY: Zapdos, Articuno, Moltres, Mewtwo, Mew

GSC: Suicune, Entei, Raikou, Ho-oh, Lugia, Celebi

RSE: Regirock, Registeel, Regice, Kyogre, Groudon, Latias, Latios, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys

Comparisons:

The Trios:

Zapdos, Moltres, Articuno
Registeel, Regirock, Regice
Raikou, Entei, Suicune

The Ultimate

Mewtwo
Rayquaza

Little Legendaries

Celebi
Mew
Jirachi

Weather Wonders

Kyogre
Groudon
Ho-oh
Lugia

then they would need to have at least five legendaries in the game if they are sticking to tradition

Skez

Well in R/S/E there where the two 2box" legendaries, Groudon and Kyrouge, and there was Rayquazza, who was the third... whom the modded game came from
Maybe "seasons" will be the rayquazza, and the 3rd 4thgen game

vappy

Manga Blows
Well in R/S/E there where the two 2box" legendaries, Groudon and Kyrouge, and there was Rayquazza, who was the third... whom the modded game came from
Maybe "seasons" will be the rayquazza, and the 3rd 4thgen game

There is like 3 pages of posts here as to why "seasons" makes no sense.

There is like 3 pages of posts here as to why "seasons" makes no sense.

This makes sense to me

Yall misunderstood me. I never said space or time causes seasons <_<

I find it funny alot of people are acting like they know everything even though the game isnt out <_<.

When I said seasons, I meant, the earth is in "Space", the Earth rotates over "Time", and over time, the Earth changes "Seasons". That's what I meant. I'm not saying it's right but it's just something to think about. That kinda makes sense considering, there are gonna be new weather stuff in the game such as snowy places(winter?).

Also, Matter may make sense...but when has pokemon ever tried it's best to make sense? Yall are making it seem like its gonna be some intergalatic war of the destruction of the universe. And I doubt gamefreak is gonna make it like that.

Matter may make sense, but seriously, this is a pokemon game, not a science class, sci-fi. I doubt gamefreak will go that far into science, physics and all the other crap just do some storyline.

"IF" it was seasons. I would think, Team Galaxy might try to take the space and time legendary pokemon, obtain their power and some how use them on the earth. Effecting the weather and stuff like that. Kinda related to Team Magma and Aqua trying to use the legendaries so they can control the earth to how they want it.

So, seasons make sense "WHEN WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THE EARTH". Not some sci-fi end of the universe crap.

vappy

Manga Blows
Japanese science classes are a little further along then they are over here for one.

And two...they already have a Time ruling and Space ruling.

I knew what matter was in 3rd grade at least. But you don't even need to know what it is. It's just the pokemon's type, would be "matter ruling."

Keep in mind this is just hypothetical for IF there is a 3rd characteristic legend.

Lishus13

Poli-Spriter!
Maybe the Continuim Pokemon

You know, I spelled that wrong, but you know the Time-Space Continuim.

OnyxR

Beginning Trainer
I always thought it was Time Space and Energy... And that matter was part of space...

Bonsly is pimp

I AM SO PARALYZED
i think it will be matter

vappy

Manga Blows
Matter = Energy.

And no space is not the same thing as matter ;/

Arcanine65

Caliber
hmmm matter seems kinda vague. I take advanced physics in highschool and....I won't get into it.
I don no Matter ould go good with anit matter the yin and the yang. That'll be cool as the latias latios pokes. Lol you said ur teacher isn't a newb

EckoDude42

Yukimenoko Rox!!
this doesn't sound like that bad of an idea.

Cuz if seasons are affected by space, then Team Galazy could play a major role in the seasons...

vappy

Manga Blows
time and space have nothing to do with seasons. "Space-Ruling" isn't referring to "Outer-space"

Status
Not open for further replies.