• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I think I know what a Cubone is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swampert_trainer

Laughs at thunder
It an interesting theory. It'll never be officially confirmed, but its still an interesting theory.

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
I'm thinking that a Cubone is the pre-evolved form of Marowak. Ever heard of Occam's Razor? "The simplest solution is usually best."

Yes, Kangaskhan appear to be born with a child already. But did you know that aphids are born pregnant? Sure, that's quite a different creature from a Kangaskhan, but it's not unheard of, even in our world's biology.

buskalilly

I actually have a certain ammount of faith in this theory. I doubt it will ever be confirmed, but it seems likely it was considered.
Of course, Marrowaks can give birth to Cubones, but the details of Pokémon evolution are vague- there seems to be a magical element to it in a lot of cases. I guess the skull is "incorporated" into it somehow and it cannot evolve into a Kangashkan, it has become a marowak instead.
The only other way I could think of explaining how every Cubone has its mothers skull was by saying marowaks always die in childbirth. But in red and blue it is explained that team rocket killed cubone's mother.

Missingno is data created to store your name once the old man teaches you how to catch Pokemon. NOT a failed Pokemon, as many people believe.

Missingno was a placeholder because there needs to be a certain ammount of data for every option but there were only 151 actual Pokémon. So each one was a Missingno until it was programmed with its actual data, and the remaining spaces are still fillied with Missingnos.

However, some of the Missingnos that can be caught do odd things- for example, evolving into Kangashkan. This implies that a Pokémon was programmed which evolved into Kanga, but was then removed from the game.

squeezcheese

maybe it is because the male's are better at fighting than the females (sexist, but there's evolution for you)

Actually, that is not true in this case. Kangaskhan is based off of a kangaroo, and kangaroos are apparently male dominant. Male kangaroos box for play, dominance, or mates, but the females, although still powerful, wouldn't be strong enough to fight off a buck (male kangaroo) with a joey (baby kangaroo) in its pouch.

Skaisdead

Movers and Shakers
You didn't just come up with this. It's been posted on 4chan for the past couple years.

You know what I think Cubone is? A Cubone. Marowak isn't wearing a skull. It's head is a skull.

Shuam

righteous
OH GAIZ
I KNO WAT CUBON IZ

[imgsize="600x475"]http://www.stitthappens.com/images/random/copypasta.jpg[/imgsize]

it a pokman

Cubone is one of the coolest Pokemon there are, though it doesn't make sense at all because for them to exist that would mean that every cubone mother is dead, which is a rather ridiculous thought. Really, Cubone is nothing more than it's own badass pokman.

Last edited:

Pokemon_Master 425

Don't pretended that you came up with this on your own, this theory has been going around the forums for weeks now.

its people like you that go on forums just to flame something...anyway this theory is pretty good

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
There is something wrong with this theory.

First, Kangaskhan are always female. Although the baby could be male, so this isn't the real problem.

The real problem is, when you fight Cubone's dead mother in R/G/B/Y/FR/LG it is a Marowak, not a Kangaskhan.

buskalilly

The real problem is, when you fight Cubone's dead mother in R/G/B/Y/FR/LG it is a Marowak, not a Kangaskhan.

While I find it highly likely this therory holds some truth in the way Game Freak intended for things to happen, its for reasons like this I doubt it will ever become canon that the two are related. It was an idea they didn't have time for, that will forever be left to implication

Dr. MECha

Prof. of Pokeology
Before you debunk the Cubone is Kangasan's Cub, I advise you to think in a programmer's perspective. It was possible they consider making Cubone a prevolution of Kangasan back then, but they decide to drop it altogether. Hence why Kangasan is in Giovanni's rooster, it was originally a ground type.

The overall title of this topic is misleading as this explain what Cubone WAS, not is.

Jabbascript

Arceus' Mouthpeice
My friends and I noticed this at day-care when we were six. I assumed everyone had considered it..

ShinyPichu4Ever

Eye of the Storm
sig'd! thanks :D

But i always thought the skull on cubone looked like a charizard. Though this logic seems plausible, you forgot to factor in that when you breed a kangaskhan, it is born with a baby in it's pouch ._."
So how would that explain marowak to fit into the evolution line?

Wow... wonder how that happened o_O?

How do you impregnate a pokemon that's not hatched from an egg yet?

squlicky4

i like the theorey its interesting and it kept me reading on although i think cubone is just cubone nnot anything else

supernoob

Derpy and awesome!
mhm

nice teory,but heres one thing:cubone can evolove,and kangaskan cant.
if a cubone and a kangaskan would be the same thing,kangaskan should also be able to evolove into a maroak(or maroak should be able to evolove into kangaskan).

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!

T.W.I.

Undercover Rocket
While an interesting theory I have never heard, i find the connection to missingno stretching it. But, I do like the theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.