• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I think I may have an error card, but I can't find evidence of it anywhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

puzzlealex

So I recently opened a Generations booster pack from a Manaphy box, and I pulled a holo Butterfree 5/83. The thing is, the WHOLE card is holo, not just the picture of the pokemon. Is this supposed to be like that? Other images I found of it just had the pokemon picture holo.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
Can you post a picture of it?

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
I can't figure out how, but I PMed it to you

Thanks. That kind of error happens every few sets, with some sets being more likely to have it than others. It's when the image they put over the foil of the card is too thin.
Some people value them a bit more but a lot of people don't care.

QueenUnfezant

welcome to the comedy zone
The one that doesn't appear in featured cards n the Official website if that one's also holo (and mine is not a holo M Alakazam-EX)

I have 2 charizard generations cards. The one with the adult trainer aside charizrd while in a blizzard. One card has thicker text on the Height and weight section, and the colors between the two are slightly off. One charizard is a little lighter than the other. Also, one of the trainer's coats seems to be a darker shade. Maybe it my eyes playing tricks on me? But I'm almost positive I got sold a fake. I actually got the card in the mail on the same day I pulled the "real" card from a pack. So, I guess my question is, do cards have inconsistencies like this? Or did I get a fake from the seller...

QueenUnfezant

I have 2 charizard generations cards. The one with the adult trainer aside charizrd while in a blizzard. One card has thicker text on the Height and weight section, and the colors between the two are slightly off. One charizard is a little lighter than the other. Also, one of the trainer's coats seems to be a darker shade. Maybe it my eyes playing tricks on me? But I'm almost positive I got sold a fake. I actually got the card in the mail on the same day I pulled the "real" card from a pack. So, I guess my question is, do cards have inconsistencies like this? Or did I get a fake from the seller...

Maybe somebody sold you a fake. But the proof it's real is it has an expansion icon. No fake cards have this.

QueenUnfezant

Also, did you check the bottom and back? The bottom usually says "fake card". And the back has an odd, glitchy-looking pattern instead of the real one.

Maybe somebody sold you a fake. But the proof it's real is it has an expansion icon. No fake cards have this.
Its real. I talked to the seller about it and he's legit. Plus, I actually noticed the same exact differences between two diancie cards I pulled from generations. One has bolder text and is slightly darker than the other and I pulled both those myself...expansion icon is present as well. So I guess that stuff happens? I also thought to myself " if this is fake they did a hell of a good job" haha. I think Im just over analyzing tiny details that most people wouldn't even consider. Its mostly my fault lol

Last edited:

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
Don't post in topics that haven't been posted in for over a month. Please re-read the forum rules.

*Closes*

Status
Not open for further replies.