• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I Think I've Seen This Before

Kansas_Rocks!

Awesomeness Trainer
Well, I can tell you that you haven't seen this before. I decided that since there are new tutor moves, I am going to remake my old Black team with a couple of new pokes and some new tutor moves. This was my earliest team, so it may be noobish, but I am remaking it to be a little less noobish. Also, since this is ingame, I am not worrying about EVs. Also, no Choice items, and I am trying to cut down on life orbs, although there are a couple.

Samurott@Muscle Band
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Torrent
-Swords Dance
-Waterfall
-Megahorn
-Superpower

I decided to keep Samurott from my first team, but made some changes. It was mixed, but I decided to go fully physical. Anyway, SD is to boost attack, Waterfall is STAB, Megahorn is for pure power, and SuperPower is just a great move that adds much needed coverage.

Blaziken@Muscle Band
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Speed Boost
-Swords Dance
-Flare Blitz
-Dual Chop
-Hi Jump Kick

Some people may be asking, "Why use Dual Chop when you have Stone Edge?" Well, my answer is simple. This is going on my semi-competitive team, and with Dual Chop, it gains perfect coverage, as FB and DC have perfect coverage with the exception of Heatran, who is just murdered be HJK.

Aggron@Leftovers
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Rock Head
-Autotomize
-Head Smash
-Earthquake
-Fire Punch

It used to be a Metagross, but I decided that Aggron is better on this team, just because of the recoiless Head Smash. Autotomize speeds Aggron up, while also cutting its weight, so the new users of Low Kick, and users of Grass Knot, won't damage as much as they would. Earthquake does add better coverage than Iron Head, so I replaced them, while Fire Punch is just a good move.

Alakazam@Life Orb
Nature: Timid
Ability: Magic Guard
-Psyshock
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast
-Hidden Power (Fire)

Magic Guard Alakazam is one of the best special attacking pokes in the game. Recoiless Life Orb, partnered with perfect coverage, is just too good to be true, although it is extremely true. Psyshock allows it to go mixed, Shadow Ball and Focus Blast (or miss) have perfect coverage, while HP (Fire) destroys anything weak to it.

Thundurus@Wise Glasses
Nature: Timid
Volt Absorb
-Nasty Plot
-Thunderbolt
-Dark Pulse
-Hidden Power (Ice)

I kept this from my original team, but put one small change on it. It was a taunt Thundurus with the 3 damaging moves. I decided to opt for the Nasty Plot set with the 3 attacking moves, as I like Dark Pulse, and Taunt wasn't doing anything for me. TBolt for STAB, DP for a good move, and HP (Ice) gets great coverage. Of course I wanted to try the other Thundurus forme, and it looks like it might just be the destroyer I need

Terrakion@Life Orb
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Justified
-Stone Edge
-Swords Dance
-X-Scissor
-Sacred Sword

Terrakion is the destroyer of the team. I may have 3 Swords Dancers, but that is how I roll. SD for the attack boost, SE is a great STAB move that does huge damage to anything that doesn't resist it, X-Scissor adds just that small amount of coverage, but it does help more than EQ, and I use SS over CC because the game AI use evasion boosts and defense boosts, and SS just bypasses any opponents boosts.

That is my updated team, changed from Black/White to Black2/White2. Any comments will be greatly appreciated! and now, rate away!

Changes in Bold

Last edited:

Aurath8

Fire/Fighting is still only resisted by a handful of pokemon, and Stone Edge actually hits most of what it resists harder than Dual Chop. Dragonite Chandelure, Jellicent, Gyarados and Moltres are all like this off the top of my head, but I'm sure there are several others.

Earthquake > Iron Head. It goes pairs with Head Smash much better and covers the same types as Iron Head anyway.

Kansas_Rocks!

Awesomeness Trainer
Fire/Fighting is still only resisted by a handful of pokemon, and Stone Edge actually hits most of what it resists harder than Dual Chop. Dragonite Chandelure, Jellicent, Gyarados and Moltres are all like this off the top of my head, but I'm sure there are several others.

Earthquake > Iron Head. It goes pairs with Head Smash much better and covers the same types as Iron Head anyway.
Yea stone edge may hit those pokes harder, but i battle my friends every once in a while, and he won't stop using giratina, and there was also a little bet on my blaziken. He got to pick one move, and oddly he picked dual chop. I might think about EQ though.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
I can't really find anything to change.

But X-Scissor would probably fir better than Earthquake on Terrakion since Ground + Fighting has rebundant coverage.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
You could also use Return > Megahorn on Samurott. The neutral coverage goes far and is quite nice.

Kansas_Rocks!

Awesomeness Trainer
You could also use Return > Megahorn on Samurott. The neutral coverage goes far and is quite nice.

I would, bet I almost always go for power and Megahorn is one of my favorite moves.

X-Scissor > Megahorn on Samurott for accuracy's sake.

Apart from that there's nothing else that needs to be changed since you've used very standard sets.

I would, but as I said before, I go power over accuracy until the accuracy is under 80 base accuracy.