• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I think my Diamond team needs some work.

Ampris

Slip slidin'
So here's the deal: I'm about to battle my rival and the E4, but I'm worried I'd get my *** kicked in no time flat. I didn't do a great job of picking movesets, and now I really don't think that leveling up alone will be enough to beat them. :[

My team:

Kricketune (Serious) @SilverPowder
-Sing
-Bide
-X-Scissor
-Screech

Luxio (Naive) @Magnet
-Thunder Fang
-Leer
-Charge
-Crunch

Grotle (Hasty) @Big Root
-Rock Climb
-Withdraw
-Leech Seed
-Razor Leaf

Snover (Adamant) @Exp. Share (Trying to level him up, currently.)
-Swagger
-Toxic
-Ice Shard
-Ingrain

Mime Jr. (Bold) @Odd Incense
-Psychic
-Encore
-Reflect
-Mimic

Croagunk (Gentle) @Black Belt
-Dig
-Faint Attack
-Revenge
-Sludge Bomb

... Yeah. Writing all this down, I can really see how many moves I don't use, or can't use effectively, and I just made a lot of bad decisions so far. Could I possibly get some advice on how to polish this specific team, without making any substitutions? (Except *possibly* for Snover, but I'd rather keep him on the team if at all possible.)

RayRay

asillywonderfulman
So here's the deal: I'm about to battle my rival and the E4, but I'm worried I'd get my *** kicked in no time flat. I didn't do a great job of picking movesets, and now I really don't think that leveling up alone will be enough to beat them. :[

My team:

Kricketune (Serious) @Silverpowder
-Sing
-Aerial Ace
-X-Scissor
-Brickbreak

Luxray (Naive) @Magnet
-Thunder Fang
-Iron Tale/Return
-Charge
-Crunch

Torterra (Hasty) @Big Root
-Curse
-Earthquake
-Leech Seed
-Razor Leaf

Abomasnow (Adamant) @Exp. Share Leftovers to help with Woodhammer recoil should you use it (Trying to level him up, currently.)
-Razor Leaf/Woodhammer
-Toxic
-Ice Shard
-Ingrain

Mr. Mime (Bold) @Odd Incense
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball
-Reflect
-Safeguard

Toxicroak (Gentle) @Black Belt
-X Scissor/Earthquake/Stone Edge
-Faint Attack
-Revenge
-Sludge Bomb

... Yeah. Writing all this down, I can really see how many moves I don't use, or can't use effectively, and I just made a lot of bad decisions so far. Could I possibly get some advice on how to polish this specific team, without making any substitutions? (Except *possibly* for Snover, but I'd rather keep him on the team if at all possible.)

I haven't bothered changing the natures as you won't want to re-breed at this stage. Items like Magnet, Odd Incense etc are rubbish, to be quite honest. Try other things like Berries or Leftovers etc. Items aren't *really* important in the Elite Four as you can use Potions etc. Remember, Ambomasnow will start Hail once he goes out, which will affect the rest of your team.

Your team will need to be around level 60 to give you a decent chance of defeating the E4.

Good Luck!