• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I thought Naruto was a kid's show!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow_Lugia_Master

Is that flying pie?
When I first started watching Naruto, I never expected to see gushing blood.
And in the episode I just saw , their sensei Kakashi figures out that Orochimaru came. At the end of the episode, He said," What snake pit in H*** did he come from>?" This is a kids show for gosh sakes! But I still watch it cuz I like the show itself. I didn't tell this to my mom cuz she'd make me stop watching it.

Hyper Shadow

did you notice it was rated pg. in a pg rated cartoon they can have a little of that stuff

Aniya

Rar.
I'm not at all surprised. Japan has very different standards for cartoons than what the other countries have. Blood and swearing might not be a big deal over there. I guess they kept some of it when it got dubbed.

Kyohaku

Master Coordinator
Shadow_Lugia_Master said:
When I first started watching Naruto, I never expected to see gushing blood.
And in the episode I just saw , their sensei Kakashi figures out that Orochimaru came. At the end of the episode, He said," What snake pit in H*** did he come from>?" This is a kids show for gosh sakes! But I still watch it cuz I like the show itself. I didn't tell this to my mom cuz she'd make me stop watching it.
Naruto is aimed more towards the teenage audience than kids. Be glad they didn't rape it like the Americanized version of One Piece.>>

MasterJedi

Coral Eye Trainer
If they didn't edit anything it wouldn't be a kids show here in the US at all. It is a shame that they do edit, Japanese version is much better though at least we don't have bad editing.

Wat.
You haven't noticed that yet? I mean, in one of the bridgebuilder eppies, Sakura said perevert, and that ain't kids stuff.

I'm a kid, but no one cares if I watch it. I even watch FMA for God's sake!

Dogasu

Frustrated Elf
Blood and swear words do not an adult show make.

Naruto is a kids' show, plain and simple. The presence of blood or anything like that doesn't change that fact.

MegaRob

Ex-Tokyopop Intern
Naruto isn't necessarily a kid's show; the younger-teen is it's target audience, as with most Shonen Jump series'. Therefore, don't be surprised to see and hear things normally unheard of in TV-Y7 shows. It's definetly not aimed at adults, so it's obvious why this was kicked toward Toonami rather than Adult Swim.

That's the second coolest line to come out of the dub. Of course, first place would go to the defining scene in the first eppie with Naruto saying he'd kill what's-his-name(I forgot-_-) if he harmed Iruka-sensei.:D It might even overtake that, because Kakashi is probably my favorite character. I loved the preview, too.^_^

RomanMack

Johto Champion
CyberCubed said:
Naruto, One Piece and DBZ are all aimed at the same audience.
Well... In Japan that is...

One Piece here is quite obviously aimed lower than DBZ or Naruto. Yet it still gets better ratings from the 9-14 demographic... Go figure.

Kirby

ʘ‿ʘ
Staff member
Admin
MasterJedi said:
If they didn't edit anything it wouldn't be a kids show here in the US at all. It is a shame that they do edit, Japanese version is much better though at least we don't have bad editing.

OH MY GOD!!! THEY EDITTED OUT THE SASUKE AND NARUTO KISS IN THE BEGGINING!! WHAT A TERRIBLE DUB IT SUCKS!! Seriously, Naruto is one of the better dubs out there. It's time for people like you to suck it up and admit that it's a fairly well done dub. Big deal, they editted out the kiss (they left it in later, during a flashback), and they editted out the gushing nose bleeds. A lot of kids who don't know much about the Japanese culture wouldn't even understand the nose bleeds anyways e_e; The Japanese version may be better, but it's not MUCH better, as you put it. I've watched both Naruto subbed and dubbed, and there is hardly any difference. OH LORD THEY CUT SOME THINGS!! That SHOULD be expected, when it's being shown on American television. If you were suprised that some stuff got cut/editted, then obviously you're lacking a bit of common sense.

Naruto IS a kids show, whether you want to face the facts or not. Big deal, it has a bit of blood here, a bit of swearing there. It's not like random girls are being kidnapped and raped and then having their throats slit. Really, it's people like you who make a big deal about whether or not Naruto is a kids show that makes America's standards on blood and stuff so high e_e;

Pika Hikari KT: Naruto said he was going to kill Mizuki :x

zonic the hedgehog

HUR HUR USER TITLE
Would you believe Crayon Shin-chan is a children's show and has ecchi (perverted humor) in it? e_e;

Stuff like this isn't that uncommon in Japan.

This also reminds me of when I saw a part of a Japanese game show that featured women doing Fear Factor-esque stuff, except most of it was things they would never allow on TV here.
Here's a description of one thing that they made one woman do (might freak some out):

[spoil]Like when they were making one woman lie down and spread her legs out and be completely naked, while little piglets would lick her from head to toe. Of course, they blurred out her kooch, but her breasts weren't blurred (apparently they have no problem with them), and they showed this on DAYTIME TELEVISION. [/spoil]

With that being said, Naruto IS a children's television show. About the 7+ age audience in Japan, I think (or perhaps 10+).

Shadow_Lugia_Master

Is that flying pie?
Pika Hikari KT said:
That's the second coolest line to come out of the dub. Of course, first place would go to the defining scene in the first eppie with Naruto saying he'd kill what's-his-name(I forgot-_-) if he harmed Iruka-sensei.:D It might even overtake that, because Kakashi is probably my favorite character. I loved the preview, too.^_^
Kakashi's my faveorite 2. I even took 5 personality quizzes and they all said I was Kakashi. Yep, cuz I'm pretty darn lazy, and instead of having a book in my hands all the time, it's usually my Gameboy.........

T

TeamRocket_Executive2010

uhh Naruto IS a kids show. Well, young teens. Most people that I know that like Naruto are immuture middle-school boys. (I personally CAN'T STAND Naruto, along w/ most other shonen anime).

wow...there was blood...and they said hell...big freakin deal. How old are u anyway?

Token

I'm surprised noone noticed TOM saying "Hell hath no fury" for the preview for Sakura Blossoms. And hell isn't nessacarily a bad word. And Sexy no Jutsu should have tipped you off that it isn't a show for little kids. Ten Plus.

Jon_Sly

Behind the Mask
I don't even watch americian anime is totally lam! Naruto is a very good series and its more grown up even though the characters are only 12 years old.

zonic the hedgehog

HUR HUR USER TITLE
Corey said:
I'm surprised noone noticed TOM saying "Hell hath no fury" for the preview for Sakura Blossoms. And hell isn't nessacarily a bad word. And Sexy no Jutsu should have tipped you off that it isn't a show for little kids. Ten Plus.

Have you by any chance seen the movie "Cars" in theaters?
Both "hell" and "sexy" are said in the movie, and it's still rated "G" in the US.

Obviously, those words don't shock people anymore.

I personally don't think light swearing should affect a show's rating that much.

It used to somewhat be that way, actually, until the whole ratings system changed (which made some films that were made in the past actually change ratings, like "The Lion King", which I think used to be rated "G" at one time).

Token

nah, I'm not a pixar kind of guy. But I agree, nothing is shocking anymore. I blame video games and athiests! Devil Spawn! DEVIL SPAWN!

Status
Not open for further replies.