• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"I told you I'd finish my story (just don't ask for proof)." 2011 Fanfiction Goals

Breezy

Breezy from 2010 Fanfiction Goals said:
It is twenty ten (or two thousand and ten. Whatever makes you feel lovely inside), and that means someone here is taking the post count opportunity to create SPPf's yearly "Fan fiction new year resolution thingy", which could be more eloquently written had a better author created this thread. Too bad. I took the opportunity post count.
Um. This is where I usually say something slightly witty, slightly amusing, and slightly embarrassing but lolnowai. I'm not some sort of ... witty robot that can spit joke at your beck and call (as proved in the beginning of this statement). AND IF I WERE some sort of witty robot that could spit joke at your beck and call, you and I should team up, hit up some comedy clubs, and get rich. Also, if you could control me, witty robot that can spit joke at your beck and call, that must mean you had some sort of help in inventing me, so I'm not sure why you would bother making such a robot. Can I at least wash dishes or something? Because I sound pretty pointless.

Long ramble aside in order to fool you into believing that I wrote something relevant, this is 2011's fanfiction goal's thread! Here is where you post what you plan on doing for this year and probably forget about them a couple of weeks later. I will provide some templates for yo pleasure!

• I plan on completing [insert story title here].
  • I plan on writing [insert # of chapters and/or pages and/or words here] for [insert story here].
  • I plan on revising [insert story title here].
  • I plan on creating a one-shot on [insert subject matter here].
  • I plan on reviewing.
  • I plan on planning.
  • I plan on.
  • I plan on starting my secret project that may, or may not, destroy you. It involves a comedy robot.
  • I HAVE NO GOALS. I WIN THE GAME. OR LOSE.

Here is the 2010 goal thread if you participated in it last year: CLICK! If you finished your goal(s), I will giveth you a cookie.

This was mine last year.

As for me, my goals are (har har) to finish my main story, considering there's like ... one chapter left. This is actually going to be my revision year. I plan on going back on a bunch of my fics and editing them. Not sure about the reviewing aspect yet.
I DID THAT. GUYS, I FINISHED THAT STORY. COOKIE, BREE.

*cookie*

Thank you! I also edited a few of my stories! COOK ME, BREE!

*liar. And that sounds awful.*

Yeah. =(

This year, I plan on finishing Lull, which seems quite plausible with the rate of updation (that should totally be a word), and, with fingers crossed, start the sequel to HLBMA. I also hope to review more. I'm going to say at least two reviews a week, if there's enough stories to do that.

Okay, hit it, lovelies!

jstinftw!

hey trainer
This year, 2011, I plan on writing my one-shot (which is still but an idea as of the moment) involving the Mt. Silver battle with Red.

I also plan on beginning to plan out a couple one-shots pertaining to a story I have planned in my head.

And my goal is that by the end of this year, at the VERY LEAST, I plan to have a chapter or two from the big story that all these one-shots would be dancing around.

Of course, I should leave this 2011 goal at I plan on actually writing this year.

Dragonfree

Just me
I did finish Morphic in 2010! Only barely, which is kind of lame considering there were only two chapters left when I made that resolution, but still.

This year, eh, I'll try to write 100 pages of The Quest for the Legends, as usual? I'm pretty sure I failed it quite miserably in 2010.

purple_drake

E/GL obsessed
  • Take advantage of opportunities to write, even if it has to be forced, and train myself not to get distracted by shiny things when I do.

Less taking advantage of opportunities and more making them, and then only in the last third of the year. Still, I've written a lot on my own speed, and that's on top of finishing NaNo for the first time, so I'd count it a success!

This year I plan on updating 'Choice and Consequence' and finishing the draft of 'tabula rasa'.

Phantom Kat

Hobo Writer
Let's see, my goals are:

a. Continue writing "My Guardian Angel". I seriously doubt I'll finish it this year, but all I hope for is that I continue writing it.

a1. I guess my ultimate goal for MGA is to get it nominated for the FF 2010 Awards (if there is one). I've only had one person reviw at all, but maybe that will change as I get more chapters up. I mean, SOMEONE has to notice it eventually. I hope.

b. Finish outlining these two plot ideas. One is an supernatural/adventure/romance fan fic and the other is a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon story. I don't know if I'll start writing one of them until I finish "My Guardian Angel". If I wait until it's finished, I think I'll lose interest first. ._.

c. Actually write up some of those Mystery Dungeon one-shots that have been brewing in my head.

d. Enter NaNoWriMo and actually be succesful in it. I'll probably be doing a fan fic.

- Kat

a. Well this I accomplished. MGA has been kept alive, and I finished the first book, a.k.a. twelve chapters.

a1. Dunno. Haven't checked, Doubt it. Oh well, no biggie.

b. Ehh, lack of inspiration/motivation/interest. Plus, another has been brewing in my head.

c. Again, lack of motivation and interest. Haven't played PMD in ages.

d. Didn't enter as I was too busy with college apps. November really isn't a good month for NaNoWriMo.

And the fact that I've fallen head-over-heels for Finnish doesn't help matters. I've already resolved myself to studying it regularly this year, so I don't know how much writing I'll do.

Okay, for 2011:

a. Keep on writing My Guardian Angel (and update here on Serebii.) Again, I won't get done this year, but as long as I update and keep my interest in it, it's all good.

a1. Continue planning one of my fan-fic ideas. This is one is actually a redone take on a story I never finished two years ago.

b. Enter NaNoWriMo.

c. Do some Pokemon one-shots in Spanish. I really need to work on my written Spanish and get it up to par with my English.

- Kat

Mrs. Lovett

Rolling writer
Time for some self-evaluation!

- Get at least halfway through the rewrite of Deeds of Darkness.
- Expand my skill at other genres of writing, instead of sticking to the same stuff I always do.
- Don't let writer's block keep me from writing anything for weeks on end (No idea how I'm supposed to do that, but I'll try :p)
- Actually finish my one-shot ideas instead of writing the first few paragraphs, then dropping the project.

Well let's see... DoD sort of went down the drain, I did actually make some progress against the block, and I did post some new one-shots. So... 66% success? Two-thirds of a cookie. Hooray!

Hopefully I'll be able to make this year better, fanfiction-wise. My goals:

- Finish Roots, or at least come close to it before the end of the year
- Give new fic ideas a chance to develop while not letting them take over my work on Roots
- Read other people's stories
- Review other people's stories
- Do not get distracted by other things when I sit down to write
- Post at least another one-shot on... anything

And that would be it... for now xD

harryheart

Well here we go with mine:

1) I'd love to write 12 more chapters of Max's Hoenn Journey at least and get into the 30's because then I can start to wrap things up in terms of some plots and begin to place new ones in action - and I just love the story so I don't want to let it die which is did at the beginning of this year

2) Complete by original story - and get it off to publishers *fingers crossed*

3) Start writing my second original novel that centers around persecution, need to finalize a few things with it however and then complete number 2 before this gets started!

Torpoleon

My 2011 Fanfiction Goal is as follows:

It is to finish planning my Sinnoh Adventure Fanfiction and to hopefully post it on the Fanfiction Section. Planning is almost done, so I hope to have my fanfiction started by Summer 2011. Last year, I didn't do anything fanfiction wise except for planning and the year before, I did post a fanfiction but it wasn't the greatest. 2008 I didn't do anything and I wasn't at SPPf before 2008.

Basically:

Planning for Sinnoh Adventure- Summer 2011 (100% Chance)
First 20-25 Chapters of Sinnoh Adventure- Dec. 31, 2011 (33% Chance)
First 10-15 Chapters of Sinnoh Adventure- Dec. 31, 2011 (90-100% Chance)

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
Well, I succeeded with the main two goals I set last year, which were to finish Book 2 of my Dimensions of Darkness trilogy and to start Book 3. Here are this year's goals for myself:

1. Complete The Explorers of the Beyond. Chance of success: 99%

2. Reveal my top-secret Project: Primordial to the public. Chance of success: 99%.

3. Continue with The Piplup and Chimchar Variety Hour. Chance of success: 75%.

4. Begin The Auroras of Time. Chance of success: 5%.

I don't think the last one has much of a chance of happening, especially since it's a 100 chapter behemoth.

Araleon

Chill
  • Do something.

Yep, that's my goal. I have an idea floating around in my head for a fanfiction that would be long... But I'm also working on my book. So I'm not sure where things will head.

If there's another One-Shot Contest, I'll enter it.

I'll do the shippers' Secret Santa again, probably, maybe.

But my main goal is to finish my book (not the fanfiction) by the end of 2011. coughWINNANOWRIMOTHISYEARcough

RoflLuxRay

Pokemon Physiologist
My goals for 2011 are:
-to finish my long, long, long long long long story (Called Kyle Miller's Life and Warfare) Which need around another 200 pages
-To start writing my new story based on my livings and learnings (Called Frank Terry's memories) Which will need around 300 pages
-To post Kyle Miller's Life and Warfare here before 2012.

That's it for this year, i guess

AbsolNinja66

Ninja'd: 2500
Goals? I have 3.

1) Write 14 more chapters to Pokemon Ranger: Alex's Story, and make them good.
2) Edit Pokemon Ranger: Alex's Story to make it more descriptive, and to make Alex have some flaws.
3) Create a continuation of Alex's Story if I finish it.

Manchee

extra toasty
BA said:
My goals for this year would be:

1. Get through a good amount of TSS.
2. Finish or at least get through most of the chapters of a new Fic I'm writing. Only twenty chapters, and I don't expect many to go over ten pages, so I think it's a bit more practical.

I guess that's it, lol. I could put it as a goal for me to write another One-Shot pertaining to my Fic series, but it's not really needed yet P;

My goals from last year. I actually accomplished the first one since I'm close to finishing The Sapphire Story. I have no idea what number two is referencing, there were so many ideas I wanted to write in the past year.

I'm keeping my goals simple again since they're easier to accomplish that way.

1. Finish (or get really close to finishing) TSS. Less than ten chapters left ^___^
2. Technically not dealing with fan fiction, but still; I want to start my book that I've pretty much planned out entirely. It's the reason I'm not writing sequels after TSS, so I guess it somewhat relates to fan fiction ;D

Karpi

Forever a pirate
My goal, even though it's a lame one:

-Obtain a review of some sort for The Gigas Plot using whatever means necessary sexual favors

And of course I suppose I should keep writing it as well...

That's about it!

D. Scott

My goals are...

1. Get at least halfway through my current project (Sinnoh Stories -- The Legend of Volkner)
2. Finish revising "I'll call you Silver!"
3. Start a new totally-OC story
4. Finish these goals.
5. Complete goal four-

*shot*

OWWWW... okay, okay... jeez. But, yeah.

Lugion

I plan on publishing 52 or more chapters of Stainless Steel this year, one chapter for each week. If I miss one week, I'll publish two the next, etc.

I plan on finishing my WrongSceneShipping one-shot that ties into Stainless Steel.

I plan on beginning a rather lengthy, novelesque side-project entitled, All Hail Giovanni.

I plan on beginning my original novel, Journey to the East, Eastward, or whatever I end up titling it.

Essentially, I plan on writing my butt off this year.

CuriousHeartless

Finish my digimon fanfic (The link is in my sig) and start a sequel. Start my new pokemon fanfic. Create a sequel to that. And help revive non-pokemon fics.

FlamingRuby

The magic of Pokemon
--Write a good chunk of and/or complete "Pokemon: Magic of a Melody"
--Plan a story version of "Kochou and the Beautiflies"
--Revive the Pikachu Diaries
--Plan an attempt at a magical girl style story in the Pokeworld

GastlyMan

Ghost Type Trainer
Lugion said:
Essentially, I plan on writing my butt off this year.
Me, too.
Goals that will probably never be realized and will most likely end in abject failure:
1. Read. More. I love reading, but I still need to do it MORE!
2. Write every day. Even if I don't have time to work on one of my longer stories, I could at least do a one-shot or something.
3. Update my fanfic more often. I have a lot planned for it! And somehow get more reviewers. :D
4. Work on my original story that my sister is kindly reading for me, and at the very least write 100 pages or so. I'm not posting it here, but it may get published one day...who knows? If I ever finish it.
5. Work on my other, shorter original story and send it off to a publisher! Soon!
6. Write some of my other short story and poem ideas, both fanfiction and original, that I have.
7. Launch a fanfiction-related website (once I get better at HTML coding). It will probably fail, but hey, I may as well try.
8. Try to write in Spanish (it's my second language and I want to get better at it; obviously, none of that is getting posted here. XD ).

Aaaand...that's it.

Last edited:

Zozo1999

has left Serebii
Complete (Or almost finish) "5+5" Just started it today. Let's see if I can't finish it by December 31st, 2010, 11:59 PM!