• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I use to think Palkia was the strongest pokemon ever

Yea but stat wise Mewtwo is better

~Light

I used to think that Mewtwo was the strongest Pokémon ever :p

Just because he was the strongest legendary you could catch in the first games

(topic title), but then I took an arrow to the knee.

If we're talking about legendaries that we thought were good but were disappointed about later on, I have three.
Kyurem, Cresselia, Regigigas.
Each for obvious reasons.

Back in R/B/Y days I thought Alakazam was amazing....then I met Mewtwo :p

Ahhhh psychic's.....only super-effectively damaged by the few bug moves that existed back then.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Though I though Mewtwo was the best because I honestly thought he'd be as strong as he is in the movies which isn't the case mewtwo is strong but after Gen III came around several Legendaries took his place as king.

Demonsead

Hoenn Challenger
Mewtwo, partly because of the anime.

ThisIsPatrick

I had Mewtwo and it swept the E4 like 80 times on its own in Lg. I bragged to my friends about it until my friend versed me with his Lv 100 Rayquaza. And lets just say for the record i only lost because Mewtwo was confused!

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
kyogre isn't fast enough...if equipped with wise glasses, specs, or life orb, two thunderbolts/ thunders from mewtwo (assuming no calm mind boosts) will get rid of kyogre or it could use psybreak, grass knot, energy ball, etc....kyogre's only hope against mewtwo is to be scarfed and lead with water spout but that's very predictable and can easily be stopped by any water absorb/ storm drain pokemon (like lapras) or hope that hydro pump hits (one surf isn't taking down mewtwo)...without its water moves, kyogre isn't so scary in th ubers tier...mewtwo, however, is a lot more versatile and can function perfectly well without psychic moves, it can be a supporter, it's just so much more dangerous and unpredictable than a kyogre...

You've got to remember that when deciding which pokemon is better, seeing how they'd fare against each other isn't always the best way. Shedinja can pretty much always beat Kyogre one on one, but to say shedinja is better then kyogre because of this would be foolish.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Victini is my strongest right now.

Wyrm

~Setting Sail~
After leveling Sceptile in my first Emerald playthrough to the maximum, I thought it could destroy all the Legendaries at once. But then I met Serebii.net... Oh, and took a double-edged axe to the shoulder.

Last edited:
When I was younger I thought event only pokemon where the strongest, I didn't realize they all have 100 base stats across the board.

Wolf Prince

Lycan Seraph
I wish I grew up with 1st gen sometimes. Instead, I used to think that Rayquaza was the ultimate. Looking back, I really wasn't that far off.

my first gen was gen 3 and i too thought Rayquaza was the strongest, until i heard some spoilers on the internet about the new D/p/p having a god pokemon.

Flame Mistress

I used to think that Torterra was the strongest Pokémon. Not Dialga, not Palkia, not even Giratina, but Torterra. That out of all things... >.<

Atratus

Antimatter Trainer
I used to think Dragonite was the strongest pokemon, but then I got an arrow to the knee. Oh Arceus, I am saying this and I never even played Skyrim.

But with all seriousness, I did. I remember when playing R/B/Y and G/S/C, Dragonite always seemed so powerful under Lance's care. With the hyper beam mechanics back then and me using mostly fire/water/grass typed pokemon, it was a true challenge.

Hendoukje

I thought the Regi-trio was really strong, mainly because of their looks. Every time I used them I hardly stood a chance, though.