• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I use to think Palkia was the strongest pokemon ever

Kalosian

So long
I used to think Lugia and Ho-oh were the strongest Pokemon ever during second generation. I also thought Mew was stronger than Mewtwo at some point after I had watched the first movie.

Lunanight

When I started with R/S, I thought Rayquaza was clearly the strongest pokemon because of having 150 base Atk and SpAtk.

When B/W came, I thought Hydreigon would be the new strongest pokemon because of it's design...that was BEFORE I saw it's stats.

XXD17

Draco rex
You've got to remember that when deciding which pokemon is better, seeing how they'd fare against each other isn't always the best way. Shedinja can pretty much always beat Kyogre one on one, but to say shedinja is better then kyogre because of this would be foolish.

Yeah I know...I wasn't comparing them against each other, I simply mentioned that how they would fare against each other...I also mentioned he versatility of each (a measurement of how they will fare in battle in general) and mewtwo definitely wins out there since, as I've mentioned, kyogre isn't very scary if it can't use its water moves meaning it gets crippled by the the likes of lapras and gastrodon...while there really isn't another pokemon out there that can effectively render a mewtwo useless by simply being on the field...also, due to kyogre's speed, A LOT of grass pokemon can set up on it and take it out like serperior, sceptile, celebi, shaymin, etc...

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
I always thought any Starter fully evolved was the strongest...

sanae

stop trying to be god ☆
I thought Dialga and Pikachu were the strongest and could never be beaten. You can blame the anime for Pikachu, and Dialga was labeled ''God of Time''.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
When I finally evolved my Pupitar in Pokemon Gold.
I thought I was unstoppable.

Zachmac

Back in gen 3, I thought it was Raichu, purely because it was a Pikachu evolution. Later, I thought it was Articuno, mostly mind reader and sheer cold. I caught a bunch of Smeargle and taught them that combo, expecting to be the best trainer in the world...

I was really naive then.

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
I used to think Dragonite was the strongest pokemon, but then I got an arrow to the knee. Oh Arceus, I am saying this and I never even played Skyrim.

But with all seriousness, I did. I remember when playing R/B/Y and G/S/C, Dragonite always seemed so powerful under Lance's care. With the hyper beam mechanics back then and me using mostly fire/water/grass typed pokemon, it was a true challenge.

I used to think Empoleon was the best, but then I took an arrow to the knee after finding out his power levels weren't over 9000. 2 in 1, beat that.

But yeah, Empoleon used to be the best for me.

stenli

Flabebes
I thought it was Quagsire! It always flee when I tried to catch it in Union Cave's basement (the place with Lapras) back in the day of Crystal. Then I used my masterball on one. =/

Ultimate Champion

The Great Pokémon Master
I used to think that Dragonite was the strongest Pokémon ever, and a Pokémon whose Hyper Beam could obliterate just about anything in a single blast, an impression I was under after I witnessed Lance's level 62 Dragonite in Pokémon Red felling my Mewtwo, which was at least nine levels higher and was at near full health, in a single critical hit Hyper Beam.

RDSchley

The Anti-Hero
Gen 1: Mewtwo was God
Gen 2: Mewtwo was still God
Gen 3: Kyogre became God
Gen 4: Garchomp became a God
Gen 5: Many new Gods!

Draco-123

Dragon Master
When I caught Rayquaza I thought that no trainer, including the Champion, could stop me...I was wrong...

I'm sure everyone felt this way about a specific Pokemon at one point in their lives.

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
Goin' with the crowd here, but I stand by my belief Mewtwo was/is the most powerful.

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
My first pokemon game was pearl too.
i loved my palkia but never believed one legendary is stronger than the other.

pseudoman

My brother once thought metagross and latios were the strongest pokemon since he couldnt catch latios and always lost to stevens metagross, but that was until i got his game from him one night and caught kyogre and groudon whilst mudling around.

Then, i thought kyogre was the strongest ever because it could learn sheer cold.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I never thought this about a legendary, but in Gold I believed Typhlosion was the strongest Pokemon because mine beat some Water Pokemon. >_>