• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I use to think Palkia was the strongest pokemon ever

T1d3

roll tide
This was b4 I understood pokemon. my first game was pearl so I didn't know bout any of the legends outside of sinnoh. so when I caught Palkia I was like YES!!!! I have the strongest pokemon ever!

has anyone ever done this to? and if so what legend and or pokemon was it?

EDIT: B4 I knew about stats and all that I thought Palkia was invincible, because it was labeled a Legend. When I my Palkia suffered its first defeat it made me realize that just because it is a legend that does not make it invincible. lol

Last edited:

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Yeah, pretty much Mewtwo.

Though when Gold and Silver came out, I thought Lugia was the strongest Pokémon ever because of its size and power. Granted, it was because I didn't understand stats at the time.

GetOutOfBox

Original Series Fan
When I caught Mewtwo in Red and Blue, it WAS the strongest pokemon

Oh god Mewtwo in RS. Crazy stats AND psychic (for those that don't know, Psychic pokemon were really OP back in the day).

Loco4Treecko

But will it blend?
I wish I grew up with 1st gen sometimes. Instead, I used to think that Rayquaza was the ultimate. Looking back, I really wasn't that far off.

Melsurigan

Iron Fist of Despair
Lugia was in many way among the strongest Pokemon in Silver. The thing's a living fortress.

Moonlight_Tails

Nocturnal Trainer
I fell in love with my Groudon in R/S. Thing was nigh unstoppable. Also the only legendary I've ever used consistently on a team

Earthquake
Solarbeam
Overheat
Rock Slide

XXD17

Draco rex
To be fair, mewtwo is still the second strongest pokemon out there...but before actually experiencing the awesomeness of a mewtwo (I started with Emerald you see), I thought Salamence and Rayquaza were pretty darn indestructible...

paracelsus

Raquaza still is an incredible powerhouse, and if you can train a salamence in gen 4 (and give it move tutor moves), then migrate it to gen 5, that thing can be unstoppable

Arsène

To be fair, mewtwo is still the second strongest pokemon out there...but before actually experiencing the awesomeness of a mewtwo (I started with Emerald you see), I thought Salamence and Rayquaza were pretty darn indestructible...

No, not really.

XXD17

Draco rex
No, not really.

please explain...arceus I will currently place as the "strongest pokemon" due to it's BST and versatility...as for mewtwo, it's insanely fast with insane SA and a humongous attacking movepool...and now with psybreak, blissey isn't a threat anymore either...the only threats I see besides arceus or another mewtwo are reshiram in the sun and maybe kyogre...

Arsène

please explain...arceus I will currently place as the "strongest pokemon" due to it's BST and versatility...as for mewtwo, it's insanely fast with insane SA and a humongous attacking movepool...and now with psybreak, blissey isn't a threat anymore either...the only threats I see besides arceus or another mewtwo are reshiram in the sun and maybe kyogre...

Well, there you go.

Cratess

Ghostbuster
When I was young,I used to think Charizard would be like up there with one of the strongest pokemon since he looked epic at the box cover.

BeneathTheWaves

Team FroakieMander!
I remember when I first got Blue version and I live in FL so it was during this huge epic hurricane we were having. I was laying on the couch battling Mewtwo while my mom ran around packing bags and boarding windows and then BAM! caught Mewtwo and I became unstoppable.

So..Mewtwo, definitely. It's still my favorite legendary.

XXD17

Draco rex
Well, there you go.

kyogre isn't fast enough...if equipped with wise glasses, specs, or life orb, two thunderbolts/ thunders from mewtwo (assuming no calm mind boosts) will get rid of kyogre or it could use psybreak, grass knot, energy ball, etc....kyogre's only hope against mewtwo is to be scarfed and lead with water spout but that's very predictable and can easily be stopped by any water absorb/ storm drain pokemon (like lapras) or hope that hydro pump hits (one surf isn't taking down mewtwo)...without its water moves, kyogre isn't so scary in th ubers tier...mewtwo, however, is a lot more versatile and can function perfectly well without psychic moves, it can be a supporter, it's just so much more dangerous and unpredictable than a kyogre...

Last edited: