• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I want to know if this is a good team

~Light

So, here's my team. I don't care about natures, I just want good movesets for these Pokémon. They aren't meant for competitive battling, just for fun ^^.

530.gif

Excadrill Lvl. 39
Item: None
- Earthquake
- Hone Claws
- Rock Slide
- X-Scissor

497.gif

Serperior Lvl. 40
- Leaf Blade
- Leaf Tornado
- Coil
- Leech Seed

583.gif

Vanillish Lvl. 38
- Ice Beam
- Avalanche
- Frost Breath
- Flash Cannon

581.gif

Swanna Lvl. 39
- Air Slash
- Fly
- Water Pulse
- Surf

539.gif

Sawk Lvl. 39
- Brick Break
- Low Sweep
- Dig
- Bulk Up

555.gif

Darmanitan Lvl. 40
- Fire Punch
- Flare Blitz
- Dig
- Hammer Arm

So I'd like some advice on the items they could hold, and also on the movesets :). Thanks!​

First Question before I make any kind of suggestions, is this PO or DS? Its probably a dumb question, but its much easier to make PO teams, so I need to know.

Fine, good to know. Anywho,

if its items you want, you should have

Excadrill: Life Orb
Serperior: Leftovers
Vannilish: Ice Plate (since it has alot of ice moves)
Swanna: Leftovers
Sawk: Air Baloon
Darmanitan: Air Baloon

Do you have the EV/IV spreads as well?

~Light

Ok thanks, I'll try to get those items :)

No I don't have the EV/IV spreads cause they're not meant for competitive battling

Qmaz246

Disney Trainer
So, here's my team. I don't care about natures, I just want good movesets for these Pokémon. They aren't meant for competitive battling, just for fun ^^.

530.gif

Excadrill Lvl. 39
- Earthquake
- Hone Claws
- Rock Slide
- X-Scissor

Depending on Excadrill's speed, you might want to give him a quick claw, other wise good.
497.gif

Serperior Lvl. 40
- Leaf Blade
- Strength
- Coil
- Leech Seed

You don't want too many grass moves.

583.gif

Vanillish Lvl. 38
- Ice Beam
- Avalanche
- Return
- Flash Cannon

Again, you don't want the move pool to clog up with one type.

581.gif

Swanna Lvl. 39
- Air Slash
- Fly
- Roost
- Surf
Always good when you need a quick boost of energy.

539.gif

Sawk Lvl. 39
- Brick Break
- Low Sweep
- Dig
- Bulk Up

Replace either Brick Break or Low Sweep with Facade or Poison Jab.

555.gif

Darmanitan Lvl. 40
- Fire Punch
- Flare Blitz
- Dig
- Hammer Arm

If he has the ability Zen, teach him a Psychic instead of either fire punch or Flare blitz.

So I'd like some advice on the items they could hold, and also on the movesets :). Thanks!​

My suggestions are either in bold or under each Pokemon.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
^
Strength? The rocks stays after you've pushed them down the hole, and Return is far stronger.

anyway, Nature is quite important (10% difference is huge at later levels, when the stats are higher), and it is easier to get than perfect IVs, so you should at least try to get the better Natures.

Excadrill wants Jolly Nature, moveset is fine.

Serperior
Adamant Nature
~Coil
~Leaf Blade
~Return
~Dragon Tail

You can say this is the standard set.

Vanilluxe
Quiet Nature
~Return
~Water Pulse
~Ice Beam
~Toxic/Hidden Power [anything not Ice/Water/Steel/Poison]

It has a usable base 95 Attack, so why not? Quiet because its Speed is rather low compared to its other stats.

Swanna
Modest Nature
~Surf/Scald
~Ice Beam
~Air Slash/Hurricane
~Defog/Hidden Power [anything not Ice/Water/Flying/Steel/Poison]

I decided to give you a Special set for Swanna because you lack Special-based Pokemon.

Sawk
Brave Nature
~Close Combat
~Rock Slide/Stone Edge
~Payback
~Bulk Up

Brave to lower its Speed, helps Sawk to go second, allowing Payback to have full power. Dig is unneeded, since Fight & Ground shares similar coverage, and Dig takes two turns.

Darmanitan
Adamant/Jolly Nature, Sheer Force ability
~Flare Blitz/Fire Punch
~Rock Slide
~Earthquake
~Return/U-Turn

Don't use a Zen Mode Darmanitan, it sucks more than a Magikarp. Flare Blitz, Fire Punch, and Rock Slide are boosted by Sheer Force, Rock + Ground has amazing coverage.

Diaglio

530.gif

Excadrill Lvl. 39
Item: Life Orb
- Earthquake
- Hone Claws
- Rock Slide
- X-Scissor

497.gif

Serperior Lvl. 40
- Leaf Blade
- Dragon Tail
- Coil
- Leech Seed

583.gif

Vanillish Lvl. 38
- Ice Beam
- Acid Armor
- Water Pulse
- Flash Cannon

581.gif

Swanna Lvl. 39
- Hurricane
- Fly
- Steel Wing
- Surf

539.gif

Sawk Lvl. 39
- Bulldoze
- Payback
- Reversal
- Endure

555.gif

Darmanitan Lvl. 40
- Return
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Hammer Arm

Changes in bold. Hope I helped!

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
@Diaglio's rate
Bulldoze & Payback both on the same set is a bad idea.
You want Sawk goes second for Payback, so lowering the foe's Speed is pointless.
Not to mention Fight has similar coverage with Ground.

Same reason for having both Hammer Arm and Earthquake on Darmanitan - Fight shares similar coverage with Ground, and Earthquake is better than Hammer Arm, so why you don't remove Hammer Arm?

good team but you could give them better moves get Roost for Swanna and bad moves for Vanniluxe and especially Serpherior i used to have one and its horrible if it only has grass type moves your just asking for it to faint avoid giving pokemon the same types of move for variability and super effectives. Rating: 3.5/5

Listen, I understand you dont want a competitive team, but I can so work with it, mind if I just come up with it for the heck of it? You dont have to use it, but now that I think about it, this is good.