1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

I want to leave and also want to delete my account.

Discussion in 'Serebii.net Discussion' started by Slapstick-Olivia, Oct 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slapstick-Olivia

Slapstick-Olivia Well-Known Member

Serebii became just way to toxic for me. I want to leave but also want to delete my account and all my post. So can someone please tell me how to do this?

2. DatsRight

DatsRight Well-Known Member

That's sad to know. We definitely have arguments here, but I have enjoyed chatting to you at times.

If you cannot be convinced I wish you all the best.

3. Slapstick-Olivia

Calling me out a SJW, getting angry because I have a different opinion than others. It is always the same with fandom community.

4. AznKei

AznKei Pump It Up Prime 2 Girl

Yeah, I saw the thread. Some people are very sensitive on what it was written, that I didn't want to get involved much. If you're leaving I wish you good luck.

5. shoz999

shoz999 Trainer for Fun!

First time I've ever heard of toxicity. Never really seen any actual toxicity. I've seen some arguments here and there, sometimes people's interest get the better of them, but nothing like death threats, extreme hostility to newbies, racism or the usual bullshit you see in shooters plagued by angry ten-year olds. From my experience honestly I think the Serebii forums has one of the friendliest and helpful dedicated fan forums out there but I guess your one of the unlucky few since I haven't really seen any real toxicity on a major scale. Apologies if you feel disappointed with your experience. So deleting your account? Well. Honestly I have no clue. This is actually the first time I've heard anyone who wants to leave Serebii forums permanently. I think you should ask the admins directly for that question.

On a different note, I am quite curious. You said Serebii.net has been too toxic, first time I ever heard about that. From the looks of other users here, this toxicity mainly comes from a thread. What is this thread that ultimately made your decision to leave Serebii.net. Must be quite a nasty and mean one for you to come to that decision.

6. AznKei

AznKei Pump It Up Prime 2 Girl

It's about the "Why almost everybody that hates Iris?" thread. He talked about that the character popularity are based on their attractiveness, which I don't think he's entirely wrong since I was aware about the Nichijou anime fiasco. But there was an overreaction about it to some users which surprised me tbh.

7. shoz999

shoz999 Trainer for Fun!

Ah I get it now, although, unless I missed something and I probably have, I don't think one person being in your face about it is really toxic. In fact, unless I'm missing something here, I think Slapstick here is just kind of overreacting to one person's childish behavior. Also just a heads-up to Slapstick. Iris being black. She's not actually confirmed to be black. In fact some people think, because of her dragon's association with mysticism and tribalism in a Japanamerica, that she's actually GameFreak's take on a Native American character. Ain't that an interesting Did You Know fact?

8. Slapstick-Olivia

Iris always had this more native American vibe with her. I just call her black, because everybody I knows calls her that. The real black girls in the anime are actually more Olivia and Lenora.

9. keepitsimple

keepitsimple Frank/Sam/Porkins F3

I think some of these posts may be referring to me (which I don't agree with to be clear. I spoke my mind in that thread and have no regrets) so I feel obligated to post here. Just for the record, I don't agree with the guy who called you an SJW since that's just a stupid buzzword that neckbeards use to dismiss people who disagree with them.

Account deletion isn't allowed last time I checked, but if you still want to leave I wish you all the best, you'll be missed

10. KillerDraco

KillerDraco The Enforcer Staff Member Super Mod

You are indeed correct.

If you want to leave, that's your choice, and I'm sorry you didn't have a good experience. But we don't delete accounts on request.

Closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.