• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I was such a stupid child!

Status
Not open for further replies.

neo darkrai

Amateur YouTuber
What?

When I was younger, my goal was Pokedex completion since that was all I needed to do in Silver version. I owned 248 Pokemon not counting Celebi or Mew. My friend told me that all I needed was to evolve my Dunsparce to complete the Pokedex so I trained Dunsparce like crazy. Level 100 and max friendship, but I kept on asking my friends why it wouldn't evolve. 2 years later I found out that my last Pokemon was the Gold version exclusive Gligar. To late to ask my friend for a trade as the internal battery dried up and I can't save. Now I realize my mistake, but feel really dumb.

Last edited:

Alkaide

Scary Faerie♥
I took my starting Cyndaquil all the way to Mt. Silver without evolving it due to watching too much of the cartoon and thinking that it might become disobedient or something if it evolved.

I was an impressionable little tyke.

Haha I did similar things. I took the anime way too much to heart and actually believed that certain things like that could happen.

Lotsa luck for you guys, but i kinda have some myself. I had a fire red, beaten(not the dex,though), with like level 80+ Pokemon on my team, with some exclusive Emerald legends my friend cloned, and then migrated those Pokemon to my Diamond, then like a month after that, I got an AR DS. I discovered a bunch of modifier cheats for my Diamond and then regretted sending those strong Pokemon over to it. Then like a couple years later, I had a friend who had a Gameshark for GBA. Used the modifier on those to get a couple lv100 legends again. Then I got bored an gave(or lent, since I got it back) my FR to a different friend. When I got it back they had started a new file and had a bunch of weak Pokemon and only 3 badges. I then restarted that file to SR for a shiny Charamander and then play through the game getting a couple more shinies. No luck with that. And one day I wanted to play my Japanese Pokemon Emerald to get shinies in that game. Looked all over the house but couldn't find it. Still miss that Emerald(sorta). Then I decided to download a VBA and a US Emerald and Crystal ROM and got some pretty good files(though I used the VBA's Gameshark) and I don't regret much of that anymore. Another thing to add: A week or two or more ago, my sister was talking about WarioWare for her DSi. I didn't really realize what she meant to say until she told me after the incident. The incident: My Sister and I use DSi's with a DSTTi, an R4-like thing that reads ROMs from a MicroSD card. When she talked about the WarioWare, I went to the DSi Shop(on her DSi) and to add to that our DSi's were Japanese(with complex kanji) and it said there was something to update. And boy to my belief, it was the doomed firmware update 1.04, the update which eliminates most most of the MicroSD ROM readers, including the DSTTi. I totally regret doing that to my sister's DSi. She wasn't upset or anything but my dad was EXPLODING WITH RAGE(just for a minute giving me a lecture). I blame Nintendo for that incident.

Onto me reviewing your guys' and gals' incidents: LOL! A lot of relatives and friends screwing up your games. I see a couple sisters messing up games too. My sister is smarter than that, but she's 9 and also play Pokemon, so there's a difference with most having littler siblings. I started playing at a later age than most original fans here. I started at like 7 or 8.

A lot to say, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.