• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I wish we could’ve gotten more villages

Red

Not the color
Or even ancient gyms. I feel like there was hardly any civilization.. Which is the idea yes, but having just Jubilife Village as the hub was pretty boring to me. I wish we could’ve gotten a village for each area at least..

Any one else feel like this was a missed opportunity?

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Or even ancient gyms. I feel like there was hardly any civilization.. Which is the idea yes, but having just Jubilife Village as the hub was pretty boring to me. I wish we could’ve gotten a village for each area at least..

Any one else feel like this was a missed opportunity?
There’s the Diamond Settlement which seems to be lost to time and then there’s also the Pearl Settlement which seems to be at the location of the future Snowpoint City.

The player character arrives 2 years after Hisui is discovered by the outside world. The fact the native people of Hisui didn’t just outright destroy Jubilife Village is a miracle.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
We know from the story that other people had lived there. What happened to them? The mystery of the fate of the Celestica is a big factor, but then there's the village in the snow that we learn about during the Froslass mission, that don't even have ruins left behind. It would be interesting to find out what happened there too, or have more than one descendant of them in the area (who himself came from another region).

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Both main areas of the Diamond Settlement and Pearl Settlement are indeed rather small. Several ruins do indeed leave a lot to be desired about what destroyed the Celestica Temples and their settlements.

The smallest is Cogita's home (Which is probably the clan of Cynthia's grandmother clan) is just a small tent. I wonder why she lives in such a obscure place?

Last edited:

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
We know from the story that other people had lived there. What happened to them? The mystery of the fate of the Celestica is a big factor, but then there's the village in the snow that we learn about during the Froslass mission, that don't even have ruins left behind. It would be interesting to find out what happened there too, or have more than one descendant of them in the area (who himself came from another region).
From the poems, I believe the Celestica People after somehow stuggling just left the region.

With the Gingko Guild settlement in the Icelands...well...avalanche and possibly a vengeful Froslass.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Yeah they hint that it was the Celestica that went and founded the Sinjoh region.

Orphalesion

I gotta be honest, I'm a bit disappointed that we didn't get a DLC for LoA. Like, I would have liked a post-game DLC with a new area and a newly-founded Eterna Villiage (Eterna is one of the older cities in Sinnoh, right?)
The story of the DLC could have been helping the people to set up Eterna Village and everything.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I gotta be honest, I'm a bit disappointed that we didn't get a DLC for LoA. Like, I would have liked a post-game DLC with a new area and a newly-founded Eterna Villiage (Eterna is one of the older cities in Sinnoh, right?)
The story of the DLC could have been helping the people to set up Eterna Village and everything.
I was 99 % sure we would get a DLC but we got a new gen instead. Was really surprised..

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
The only village I really wanted to see was one for Eterna City where it is at the edge of a forest but is still rather small and is called Eterna Village. As it grows in size in the future, it changes its name.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Honestly I thought Eterna City was the post game. Due to after completing the main story, I forget who, but an NPC says that the even one of the Galaxy Team outposts have been turned into a town for both Diamond and Pearl clans.

Or something along the lines, was disappointed we don't see it, but I truly believe that would be Eterna City.

janejane6178

It didn’t feel like the early Sinnoh region .
Nothing about it hinted at Sinnoh besides some location names
It didn’t feel like a region at all, just random un connected open areas

Det. Viper

It didn’t feel like the early Sinnoh region .
Nothing about it hinted at Sinnoh besides some location names
It didn’t feel like a region at all, just random un connected open areas
It’s not supposed to feel like Sinnoh. This is a few hundred years before the events of BDSP. The connection to current Sinnoh is the layout of the region, Jubilife Village, the explanation of Spear Pillar, the lake guardians, events happening that are then explained in books at Canalave Library, the fact that Palkia & Dialga are referred to as Lord Sinnoh (giving rise to the current region name). I don’t know where you missed the tie-ins but it seems like you missed large chunks of side story.

Orphalesion

It’s not supposed to feel like Sinnoh. This is a few hundred years before the events of BDSP. The connection to current Sinnoh is the layout of the region, Jubilife Village, the explanation of Spear Pillar, the lake guardians, events happening that are then explained in books at Canalave Library, the fact that Palkia & Dialga are referred to as Lord Sinnoh (giving rise to the current region name). I don’t know where you missed the tie-ins but it seems like you missed large chunks of side story.
Eh, at the most it's like 150 years ago (in addition 5o the history of Hokkaido its based on, look at technology and fashion, it's the 19th century)

The bigger difference is that it shows Sinnoh/Hissui before its widespread colonisation from the south and its subsequent urbanisation.

Det. Viper

Eh, at the most it's like 150 years ago (in addition 5o the history of Hokkaido its based on, look at technology and fashion, it's the 19th century)

The bigger difference is that it shows Sinnoh/Hissui before its widespread colonisation from the south and its subsequent urbanisation.
I was thinking it was about 200 years which I might have phrased poorly in my original post. However, my point on that the connections from historical Hisui to present Sinnoh is found largely on side quests should still ring true.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
the fact that Palkia & Dialga are referred to as Lord Sinnoh (giving rise to the current region name).
Or wherever the name came from, considering the usage of "the blood of the Sinnoh people".

Kage-Pikachu

i was disappointed with the small diamond and pearl settlements. i was hoping for bases similar in scale or larger than jubilife village since these people had been there for generations. it was laughable how small they were. i also disliked seeing ruins, they should have showed us the actual civilizations. it would be like having a game focused on johto's past and we see still see the ruins of alph instead of...you know, ALPH! show us instead of always telling!

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
i was disappointed with the small diamond and pearl settlements. i was hoping for bases similar in scale or larger than jubilife village since these people had been there for generations. it was laughable how small they were. i also disliked seeing ruins, they should have showed us the actual civilizations. it would be like having a game focused on johto's past and we see still see the ruins of alph instead of...you know, ALPH! show us instead of always telling!
Yeah just a few tents is just boring. Like both tribes are travelling nomads that just came into sinnoh.

janejane6178

They like to tell instead of show something concrete apparently .

Kage-Pikachu

So true, it's hilarious to think of the potential war that Adaman mentioned if they were to help us openly. it's also pretty crazy that they had a ranking system in the first place when it appears that we are the only active pokemon trainer...i mean wielders. I wish that each settlement had their own training grounds where we could battle different people.