1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

I would like advice on team building :)

Discussion in '5th Gen In-Game RMT' started by R2D2, Jan 19, 2013.

1. R2D2

R2D2 Trainer since 1999!

Hello!

I am new to this thread, and i would like to ask for some advice for the super single subway as well as random online matchup (a proper team build would be nice)
    For some reason i tend to almost only train sweepers :p for their sheer power. However, this often makes me lose to pokemon with items like choice scarf or just super effective priority moves like ice shards and stuff like that. I would like some advice on how to construct a team with some pokemon i have already trained, plus some Pokemon that would be nice to increase my longevity in battles.
    Below i will list the poke's i have at lvl 100 ATM with maxed EV's and moves. Feel free to also give some advice on the movesets. I have most tm's and enough shards to change move sets around. I would also like to know which items would be best to use. Thanks in advance :)

What i have :

Dragonight 252 Attack/4 spd/252 spe (pure dragon dance sweep)
    Adamant nature
    Ability : multiscale
    Outrage
    Fire punch
    Extreme speed
    Dragon dance

Scizor 252 attck/252 spe/4 hp
    Adamant nature
    Ability : Technician

Bullet punch
    Bug bite
    Superpower
    Swords dance

Starmie 252 spe/ 252 spa/4 spd
    Timid nature
    Ability : Natural cure

Surf
    Psyshock
    Thunderbolt
    Ice beam

Gastrodon 252 hp/252 spd/ 4 def
    Sassy nature
    Ability : Storm drain

Ice beam
    Earth power
    Recover
    Toxic

Dugtrio : 252 attack/ 32 def / 224 spe
    Jolly nature
    Ability : arena trap

Earthquake
    Sucker punch
    Substitute
    Stone edge

Gyarados 156 hp/128 attck/204 spe
    Adamant nature
    Ability : intimidate

Waterfall
    Dragon dance
    Taunt
    Bounce

i could try with pokes i have : calm mind Raikou, eviolite porygon, specially defensive milotic, Sweeper mamoswine.

These are some of the better ones i have, but as you can see, and as i said at the beginning of this post, most of them are sweeper oriented. I dont mind training some new pokes. Even if i were to use only one of these in my new team. I would like any suggestions on proper additions to increase my choice of pokemon to use. If you are able to construct a proper team out of these, by using them as they are. Or by changing some moves (adding items) please tell me :) . Im having trouble getting consecutive wins. Especially in random matchup. My win streak in super single is till now only 28.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  2. R2D2

R2D2 Trainer since 1999!

Edited to make the list shorter :p

I have made the list of poke's i placed shorter, so it is only one team of 6 atm.
    I would still like to know what to take to random matchup and super single sub.