• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

ice ruins and project f

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpfl

Not only do I think we've not seen the last of team plasma in the anime,but I think they will finally appear in their original uniforms here's why. In bw 117 a plasma grunt reported to Ghetsis progress on project f and near the end of the episode n climax cedric junipers assistants run to him informing him of new findings at the ice ruins plus clairs returning too. So I think that the ice ruins are in the declora arichpelo and team plasma under the command of the original team plasma commander (from the banned 2 parter) are here and have brought back whatever they found from the giant chasm. I mean why else would they put emphasis on the ice ruins and mention project f if nothing was gonna come of it?

spikyearedpichu

Dawn of the XY Era
Wasn't that a rumor? So the ice ruins were really mention!!

And what the heck project F that's for?

But I doubt Team Plasma will return Ghetsis was the mastermind of all plasma operation!! Maybe Team Rocket!!!

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
I'm still kinda thinking that's hinting at a villain parter at the end of Da!, Ice Ruins implies Kyurem and Project F immediately makes me think of "Frigate."

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Project F wasn't brought up for no reason. Something's going to happen, I just don't know what.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Ghetsis is in jail. He was arrested by the Interpol not your local officer Jenny. He won't come out. Get over it.

Because that clearly indicates that he can't break out.

Shadow Triad, anyone?

Last edited:
Because that clearly indicates that he won't break out.

Shadow Triad, anyone?

I am going to change my username the day Shadow Triad appears in the anime :eek:

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
I wasn't aware of this but it would make sense and would be interesting. But for further reference, are Team Plasma no longer involved with the genesect army? Because I don't know how it would fit in with the DA saga. Especially because the movie is already officially canonized by the genesect army's appearance in the anime.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
when and were was this project F thing mentioned anyway? it could've been a reference to the games for all we know.

Cause the way it was implied I doubt these icy ruins are outside of Unova, cause if that's the case why not have Oak go there too while he's out here looking for rotom's?

jrizza88

Meteorite
when and were was this project F thing mentioned anyway? it could've been a reference to the games for all we know.

Cause the way it was implied I doubt these icy ruins are outside of Unova, cause if that's the case why not have Oak go there too while he's out here looking for rotom's?

Yea, this is probably just random speculation, and to be honest, none of this will probably happen.

Kein

AKA Silktree
There was no indication that the Ice Ruins were outside Unova. Considering that Ash only stayed in Unova because Cedric invited him to the White Ruins, you'd think that the Ice Ruins being in Decolora would have been mentioned.

I'm reminded of people thinking that Charon not getting arrested meant anything. How wrong were they.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down

Project F was explicitly referenced in BW117 while Ghetsis was speaking to several Plasma Grunts via videophone, right after Project G (the Genesect Army) was mentioned. It is not tied to the Ice Ruins.

Charon not being arrested was either a lazy oversight or foreshadowing for something that had to be aborted after Black and White were announced that couldn't be repaired in time. "Project F" was deliberately inserted into BW117 and immediately followed a confirmed bit of foreshadowing with Project G. Not only that, actual details were given on it - that it involved gathering resources in East Unova, which could fit with the construction of the Plasma Frigate - which is something Charon's escape never received.

Kein

AKA Silktree
Charon not being arrested was either a lazy oversight or foreshadowing for something that had to be aborted after Black and White were announced that couldn't be repaired in time.
It wasn't foreshadowing. Charon could have appeared in the Heatran episode, but he didn't. I doubt that the writers were surprised by Black and White's announcement.

"Project F" was deliberately inserted into BW117 and immediately followed a confirmed bit of foreshadowing with Project G. Not only that, actual details were given on it - that it involved gathering resources in East Unova, which could fit with the construction of the Plasma Frigate - which is something Charon's escape never received.
The Project G foreshadowing is highly misleading as Team Plasma won't have an actual role in the movie aside from a possible reference. N investigating the Genesect mystery only to forget about it isn't what I would call clever writing. It is not as if Ghetsis or Colress vowed to escape from jail for the sake of Project F's success, and we certainly didn't get any hint at a major Plasma character that was still at large.

Team Rocket's involvement with Rayquaza was a much more visible hint that never panned out. Granted, it was shown in the Pokémon World segment of Movie 9, but the point is that the writers have alluded to behind-the-scenes projects before for no reason other than to add a sense of mystery. Whatever happened to the event Cynthia was attending in the first Operation Tempest episode? What was that foreshadowing? And what was the point of Cynthia and Caitlin's conversation?

These small references aren't a big deal when you think of all the characters that haven't had their stories concluded.

Status
Not open for further replies.