• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ice team rate!

misunderstoodhero

Okay, I've already made one of these but it was against the rules. Sorry!

Anyway, As far as i know this one isn't against the rules, Since i actually have an idea of what I'm going to use.

This, now edited has the movesets i plan to use endgame. thanks for telling me bossk!

The team

Glaceon
-Ice beam
-Attract
-Water pulse
-Toxic

Mamoswine
-Earthquake
-Avalanche
-Giga impact
-Stone edge

Froslass
-Ice beam
-Shadow ball
-Psychic
-Hidden power ( fight )

Abomasnow
-Ice beam
-Giga drain
-focus punch
-Iron tail

Weavile
-Ice punch
-night slash
-swords dance
-Aerial ace

There aren't any water/ice types that can be caught in game in DPPT :(
Just need an idea for what the last one will be! Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Final

I Submit to No One

Anyway, As far as i know this one isn't against the rules, Since i actually have an idea of what I'm going to use.

This, now edited has the movesets i plan to use endgame. thanks for telling me bossk!

The team

Glaceon
-Ice beam
-Blizzard
-Water pulse / Hidden Power [Fighting]
-Shadow Ball

Glaceon doesn't have much of a movepool but it hits extremely hard. While it may seem strange to have Blizzard and Ice Beam on one set, Blizzard will be your key attack when it is Hailing and Ice Beam will be when it isn't. Glaceon does get Shadow Ball and with Hidden Power [Fighting] you hit everything in the game at least for neutral damage between those moves.

Mamoswine
-Earthquake
-Avalanche
-Return
-Stone edge

One thing can be said about Giga Impact. Don't use it. Earthquake is as powerful in one turn after taking STAB into account and will in fact outdamage it over 2 turns while Giga Impact forces Mamoswine to stay in becoming set-up fodder. Return is a better move and still outdamages Giga Impact.

Froslass
-Ice beam / Blizzard
-Shadow ball
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden power ( fight )

Thunderbolt over Psychic. Otherwise it's fine. I would consider Blizzard over Ice Beam because of the fact Hail makes it 100% Accurate.

Abomasnow
-Blizzard
-Energy Ball / Grass Knot
-focus punch / Earthquake
-Wood Hammer / Substitute

Blizzard is perfectly acceptable here as it becomes 100% accurate in Hail. Energy Ball or Grass Knot are for the most part better than Giga Drain unless you're using it for recovery. It isn't the most reliable form of recovery and Energy Ball / Grass Knot hit harder. Energy Ball is consistent power while Grass Knot hits heavier opponents harder. Wood Hammer is a much better Physical move than Iron Tail. It's STABed and extremely powerful. Use Substitute if using Focus Punch as it eases prediction and protects Abomasnow from status. If notusing Substitute, I would consider Earthquake as it is pretty powerful and provides similar Type coverage to Focus Punch.

Weavile
-Ice punch
-night slash
-Brick Break
-Aerial Ace

Too frail in my opinion to be setting up with Swords Dance. Brick Break allows Weavile to damage Steel Types who resist the other moves.

Suggestions bolded. What about a wild-card in the last slot? Competitively, wild-cards are generally accepted in Mono-Type teams. Something that covers the glaring Fire, Rock and Steel weakness this team has.

Last edited:

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
I still say use Walrein for the last slot, it's your best chance against your massive weaknesses to Fire, Rock, and Steel. Thick Fat is one hell of an ability on him.

Walrein@Leftovers
Careful
~Thick Fat~
-Curse
-Ice Fang/Avalanche
-Waterfall
-Earthquake

Standard CurseRein. Curse for power and Defense, Ice Fang or Avalanche for Ice STAB, Waterfall for Water STAB, and EQ for coverage that is seldom resisted. Curse may cost speed, but hell, Walrein will never outspeed anything anyway.

Vaporeon4evr

Cyndakill
Fire weak.

My, how useless and jerkish have I become?

Weavile @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature (+Spe -Sp Atk)
~Swords Dance
~Ice Punch
~Night Slash
~Brick Break

With the Sash, you get a free Swords Dance, and then you sweep.

misunderstoodhero

I choose ice beam over blizzard because:
1. Even if i send Abomasnow out first, the opponent may introduce another weather effect, thus making the hail bonus useless.
2 Even if i do get to keep hail in play i can only use blizzard five times on every poke. Ice beam i can use 15 times!

Final

I Submit to No One
I choose ice beam over blizzard because:
1. Even if i send Abomasnow out first, the opponent may introduce another weather effect, thus making the hail bonus useless.
2 Even if i do get to keep hail in play i can only use blizzard five times on every poke. Ice beam i can use 15 times!

ITT: Ice Beam has 15 PP guys. Didn't know that.

the jman

Ak47 I choose you!
ROFLCOPTER. i can ice beam 15 times! i think im retarded because in game, it showed i can Ice beam 10 times! weird lol.

Anyways send out abomasnow out first to get hail. and teach all pokemon blizzard because it hits both foes at 100% accuracy. and even though it has 5 PP, generally within casual and competative battles, NO pokemon lasts 5 turns unless there really lucky. and in which case, all your pokemon have an alternate STAB move in there sets they can use anyway.

The team

Glaceon
-Ice beam
-Attract
-Water pulse
-Toxic

Mamoswine
-Earthquake
-Avalanche
-Giga impact
-Stone edge

Froslass
-Ice beam
-Shadow ball
-Psychic
-Hidden power ( fight )

Abomasnow
-Ice beam
-Giga drain
-focus punch
-Iron tail

Weavile
-Ice punch
-night slash
-swords dance
-Aerial ace

good for a quick hail team. switch weavile's arial ace to brick brake. now tha i look at it a lot of the move sets could be re-done. you have the right idea mixing the abomasnow. Trick hail or traick storm works much better if you playing doubles but for singles i wouldn't reconmend it.

misunderstoodhero

ROFLCOPTER. i can ice beam 15 times! i think im retarded because in game, it showed i can Ice beam 10 times! weird lol.

Anyways send out abomasnow out first to get hail. and teach all pokemon blizzard because it hits both foes at 100% accuracy. and even though it has 5 PP, generally within casual and competative battles, NO pokemon lasts 5 turns unless there really lucky. and in which case, all your pokemon have an alternate STAB move in there sets they can use anyway.

Maybe you can use ice beam only 10 times, i dunno but i thought it was 15. Maybe i should be more specific, but if i'm correct in-game means singleplayer right?

Anyway, this is an ice team I'm going to use for the SINGLE player game, not competitive battling. In the single player, i think decent PP is important, especially in pokemon league.