• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ice team suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

misunderstoodhero

Okay, here's the deal.....

My DS doesn't connect to wi-fi so there's no online play for me. boo-hoo. To make pokemon platinum more entertaining, I've decided to play the single player in different ways. I've decided to play the single-player through using only pokemon of a single type, for a challenge. I've decided to use my favorite type, Ice, for this challenge.

Here's where you come in: I don't know what pokemon to use. My friend can breed and trade me over any i want so i won't have any trouble getting them, i just need some ideas for what pokemon i need!

Obviously, i want a balanced team ( As balanced using a single type can get anyway).

Any suggestions? PLEASE?

Bossk

Like a champ.
Frosslas, Abomasnow, Mamoswine, Weavile, Glaceon, and Cloyster/Dewgong

Abomasnow@Leftovers
Timid

Subsititute
Leech Seed
Blizzard
Focus Punch

Mamoswine@ Life Orb
Adamant

Earthquake
Ice Shard
Stone Edge
Ice Fang

EQ for power/STAB. Stone Edge for power as well. Ice Shard is to attack quick, otherwise, use Ice Fang for a more powerful STAB

Froslass @Focus Sash
Timid

Destiny Bond
Taunt
Ice Beam
Spikes

OR you can go with a set I've made for you

Froslass @Focus Sash
Timid/Modest

Ice Beam
Destiny Bond
Shadow Ball
HP {Water}

Water is for fire types which causes trouble, Shadow Ball and Ice Beam for stab. Destiny Bond and sash work fine with each other.

Weavile
Adamant

Ice Punch
Brick Break
Night Slash
Aerial Ace

AA destroys any fighting types that try coming in your way, and Brick Break for coverage. Other two for STAB

Cloyster @Leftovers
Bold/Relaxed

Spikes/Toxic Spikes/Surf
Toxic Spikes/Spikes/Surf
Avalanche/Payback
Explosion/Ice Shard/Payback

Glaceon
Modest

Ice Beam
Shadow Ball
HP {Fighting}
Blizzard

Blizzard is for when you need power and Ice Beam is for when you run out or something.

EDIT: next time, read the rules please.

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
Although this thread is against the rules, I'm going to suggest that you use Walrein and Cloyster on the same team to cancel out your massive Fire Weakness, especially with Walrein's Thick Fat ability.

You'll also have a massive Fighting and Rock weakness if you're not careful. Definitely use Mamoswine, and someone like Jynx could help for Fighting Pokemon. Ice Pokemon don't do well defensively.

This thread is against the rules. We cannot build a team for you. You'll have to think of at least four or five Pokemon with movesets, etc.

closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.