• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ice Type is the Least Imaginative

Ruby Blue

What I don't get is why Jynx is an Ice type. There's nothing icy about her. :/

Nintendo Logic!

I also like Cubchoo for being adorable.

ICE IS CREATIVE. YEESH. If you ask me, the Vannilite line are incredibly imaginative. Same with all of the Snorunt line. Ice is my favorite type, tied with Dragon.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
There's really nothing wrong with Jynx. It just happens to look like a person, as do Alakazam, Mr. Mime, and Gardevoir. Except it's an ice type instead of just psychic, so that makes it even more awesome. It's also not too shabby competitively. It's special attack stat is beast.

Gelatini Jejunator

Vote Vanillite! Wait
Oh great, another thread where people can come to bash Vanillite? Woe is me...

Ice is my favourite type, and I find them pretty creative. I mean, exactly which are unimaginative, and why?

Kiro

Mr. KiroKarp
I actually love the current ice type Pokemon designs. Like Aveil said in an earlier post, they may be unimaginative in concept, but the final execution of the Pokemon's design is done really well.

I mean, there are Pokemon like Froslass, which many can point towards some "weeaboo herp derp japanese kimono" generic design, but I think it's done really well. I never would've seen that coming from GameFreak, and it's Pokemon like that that keep me into it.

Also I don't care what people say, Cryogonal and the Vanilluxe line are pure win in my book.

Accipitri

Space relic
...they aren't sleek and dangerous looking, therefore they are objectively bad? :| I prefer Abomasnow, Glalie, and Jynx to 'cooler' looking pokemon.

Kiro

Mr. KiroKarp

Well, I guess I could agree with the "nothing like Ice types that I sometimes imagine" but I don't flag that as the current types being unimaginative. I actually read that as "wow I never would've thought of that". It's just my opinion that I don't think they're generic at all. One of the reasons Ice type is one of my top favorites is because of the Pokemon designs.

Weavile and Articuno are pretty much the only Ice Pokemon with genuinely cool and fresh designs. Other than that, everything else seems like a repeat (water/Ice typing is so stale, and everything else just looks kind of boring). They look nothing like Ice types that I sometimes imagine.
To say that those two pokemon are the only cool and fresh designs are completely subjective. And how does everything else look like a repeat, no other pokemon looks even close to Delibird or Frosslass, as examples.
We do have polar bears, but an ice type wolf would be cool. However Suicune is a wold and represent the Nothern Wind so that is pretty much the same, just with another type.

emboarrocks

#1 emboar fan
Ice pokemon are mainly used to stop dragons although steel is more common for that...

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Pokemon is amazing. Hoo else woodve thought of having monsters put inside little balls. And battling them. Only satoshi tajiri(or another last name)

I can't tell whether or not this is serious.

She appears in icy areas and learns Ice-type moves.

Duh.

So shut up A PERSON

Well, then.

Weavile and Articuno are pretty much the only Ice Pokemon with genuinely cool and fresh designs. Other than that, everything else seems like a repeat (water/Ice typing is so stale, and everything else just looks kind of boring). They look nothing like Ice types that I sometimes imagine.

SUBJECTIVITY EFF *** DOUBLE YOO

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
Honestly, there are few Pokemon that I dislike, and none of them are Ice-type. Granted, I don't love every Ice-type either. I love the Snorunt line and the Swinub line, and I like the others decently enough to use them in-game.

Ulicies

Mild Monk
In other words, your argument is invalid.
Lol you're a fool for saying this. I'm not trying to prove or argue my point, nor am I trying to discourage anybody from liking the type. I'm not trying to persuade anyone of my opinion, simply that I'm stating it. The ice element is portrayed in really cool ways in lots of other video games, but when I look at the offering of ice Pokemon, I don't find very many that I just glance at it and say "Wow, that design looks so bad-***!" It's just my opinion that they're unimaginative, because imo, the Ice Pokemon so far just look like what someone would expect the ice type to logically look like, minus a few like Froslass, the Weavile Family, Articuno, Glaceon, and Kyurem. Again, just imo.

Kiro

Mr. KiroKarp
What I like about Ice types is that there's a good type chance for some pokemon that aren't just normal animal-like Pokemon. I crave for more of the random inanimate-object type Pokemon like ice cream, snowflakes, refrigerators, snow clouds, etc.

I personally am kinda tired of the fluffy animal pokemon that get all the attention. But whatever, I can't really complain since that's a normal thing in Pokemon.

Mr. Marowak

was wrong about Gen6

She's that way due to her cold, unforgiving, biased, hate-filled disposition. But enough about my family. Jynx's Ice-Type? I don't get it either.

Ruby Blue

Lol you're a fool for saying this. I'm not trying to prove or argue my point, nor am I trying to discourage anybody from liking the type. I'm not trying to persuade anyone of my opinion, simply that I'm stating it. The ice element is portrayed in really cool ways in lots of other video games, but when I look at the offering of ice Pokemon, I don't find very many that I just glance at it and say "Wow, that design looks so bad-***!" It's just my opinion that they're unimaginative, because imo, the Ice Pokemon so far just look like what someone would expect the ice type to logically look like, minus a few like Froslass, the Weavile Family, Articuno, Glaceon, and Kyurem. Again, just imo.

So, when you think ice-type, you would imagine giant bivalves, blonde humanoid figures and moving trees? :)

Accipitri

Space relic

I'm not really getting your point. I don't expect ice types to all be BA and sharp; I don't expect ANY type to always be awesome, nor do I expect any of them to conform to my personal definition of cool. Dunno why you think they should. I fail to see how awesome = imaginative unless you're using a different definition of imaginative than I'm used to.