• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ice Type is the Least Imaginative

Ulicies

Mild Monk
Ice is my favorite element in any other video game, and yet I find that when I peruse the list of total Ice Pokemon, the Pokemon themselves seem pretty uninspired. I don't really like the majority of Ice Pokemon atm, but maybe that's just because I naturally lean toward Dark and Steel types..... *cough*

Maybe it's just me, but what do you guys think? Do you think that the Ice type has generally poorer designs, or do you think that they're totally "OMG so awesomezz!!1!"

EDIT: Maybe the Pokemon designs aren't bad, but there just aren't enough for me. I would love some more interesting type combinations, and more Ice/Flying designs! And more Dragon/Ice Pokemon lol.

Last edited:

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
No.

Vaniluxe is a two-headed ice cream cone. Who doesn't love that? xD *shot*

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Ice types really aren't that good but those with good ev's can put up a great fight.
Perhaps a ice type that can pawn garchomp maybe or high leveled glaceon.

Last edited:

MissingNoHunter

Cannon Time.
Ice is my favorite type. Do you look at Sneasel, Lapras, and Kyurem and think unoriginal?

Ruby Blue

Unimaginative in theory, (Bivalve, Snowflake), but awesome execution (Bivalve with Spike Turrets, Snowflake with Ice Chains).

I love glalie's looks but he sucks in general. Uhhmm weavile is cool. Walrein is a beast of a poke just so underused. 110/90/90 defenses come on... Uuhhmm ya other ice types are just gay. An ice cream cone, a frozen mask thing?, and a black lady.

Ruby Blue

I love glalie's looks but he sucks in general. Uhhmm weavile is cool. Walrein is a beast of a poke just so underused. 110/90/90 defenses come on... Uuhhmm ya other ice types are just gay. An ice cream cone, a frozen mask thing?, and a black lady.

Dude, Ice Cream mons are awesome.

Also, use the word gay properly.

I think the reason why you might think the designs is poor is that it is very few Ice types. In all it is only 31 pokemon of the Ice type, so it is not alot to choose from). Making it the third rarest, behind Dragon and Dark.

However I don't find them any less original than the others and some of my favorite pokemon is in the group, like Regice, Glalie and Kyurem. And the Ice type have alot of things to base the pokemon off of, nearly anything that is cold or live in the cold can get the Ice type.

Accipitri

Space relic
um, not really. They've got an abominable snowman/pine tree, a kamaitachi, santa claus, a female big-lipped who-knows-what, and an ice spirit that evolves into a Yuki-ona and a flying hockey mask. Pretty nice role call, imo

Eivui

Uses of Psychics
other ice types are just gay............a black lady.

...What?

I really do like Ice types, but they aren't very popular due to too many weaknesses and only resisting themselves.

But they are pretty cool, one of my favorite types (besides Psychic). I like Snorunt, Cryogonal and Jynx (yes, I like Jynx, sue me).

In short, I wish they were more popular.

Kyureum is pretty cool too. Its pretty original. It reminds me of the trex from meet the robinsons. "i got a big head and little arms". Glaceon is cool like an ice pharoah

Gelatino95

Not a tool
Ice is my second favorite type, right after ghost. Naturally, that makes me a fan of Froslass. However, I love tons of other ice types. Regice is my favorite legendary. Walrein is totally beast. I had one that I named "Lolrus". Also, I used a Glalie on my team in Ruby, and I still have it. It's a total beast in-game, but not competitive due to base 80 stats across the board. Abomasnow is so incredibly useful due to Snow Warning, and it looks pretty awesome too. Mamoswine is a competitive beast, with priority physical STAB that can revenge kill many a Dragon type.

In other words, your argument is invalid.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
All I want is an ice type that murders Garchomps.

But seriously:

Jynx is a Pokemon I feel gets too much hate. I'm not a big fan, but I'm not a big hater either.
Sneasle is one of the few 2nd gen Pokemon I like, and it's part ice.
Mamoswine is one of my faves. I always thought it was kind of cute in a way.
The ice cream cones are pretty mignon as well. As I say, don't hate the idea, hate the execution. Kind of the same reason Trubbish gets so much hate because "OMG, HOW UNORIGINAL!!!"
Cubchoo and Beartic are a step up from those lame-os Teddiursa and Ursarang. ...Although that's not saying much, saddly.
Who doesn't like Larpas?
Or Frosslass?
And how can you hate Dewgong? Dewgong is SO cute!