• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ice Type Pokemon Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
I like to join the ice type pokemon club!

Username: SuperDaikenki
Favorite Thing About Ice Types: They're cool (pun intended)
Favorite Ice Pokemon: Froslass, Articuno, and Jynx
PO, PS, or WiFi?: Both
PO, PS, or WiFi name and FC:
PS: SuperDaikenki/ Wifi: Jesse FC is in my sig

welcome to the club super :) accepted just let me know what ice type poke you like to claim and were on last calls on the vote for ice poke of the week ;)

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
My vote Froslass

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
My vote Froslass

not sure if you noticed the choices are on the front XD and froslass isn't one of them yet ;) also the forms are all on the front too guys for everything even for voting...

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
FAIL!

My vote for ice type pokemon of the week
Vote: Glaceon

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
FAIL!

My vote for ice type pokemon of the week
Vote: Glaceon

lol its alright ill add your vote and once again guys if you haven't voted or claimed a pokemon yet please let me know....seems like glaceon is in the lead still...

New topic: Do you think we should have a ice type starter?

I really think we should have more starters then just grass, water, and fire...like why can't they alternate the types if you know what i mean i think we should have a ice type starter as well as the other types or we could just combined ice with like water or grass again or with fire somehow that would be crazy >.>

Last edited:

Lt. BLEU™

Top Class Lieutenant
lol its alright ill add your vote and once again guys if you haven't voted or claimed a pokemon yet please let me know....seems like glaceon is in the lead still...

New topic: Do you think we should have a ice type starter?

I really think we should have more starters then just grass, water, and fire...like why can't they alternate the types if you know what i mean i think we should have a ice type starter as well as the other types or we could just combined ice with like water or grass again or with fire somehow that would be crazy >.>

yep ice type starter would be really a good idea,......
also just a thought what if there were pokemons of type fairy/ice.......dragon type pokemons would be doomed.....!!

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
yep ice type starter would be really a good idea,......
also just a thought what if there were pokemons of type fairy/ice.......dragon type pokemons would be doomed.....!!

Omg, I can see a lot of people complain about this....NICE!

Though an ice fairy, that would either be a Jynx evo or a legendary

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
I pretty much see Jynx evolving into an ice queen (Hell, the Norse goddess of the underworld) or some sort of ice Viking.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
So apparently, people are hoping for:
• an Ice/Normal to complete the "Elemental Trio" of Normals so far released
•Jynx evo to go with Magmar and Electabuzz and complete the first gen "Trio"
• now an Ice-type starter

You know, I think e should have a Fire type starter that gains Ice typing in its middle or final stage. And to balance it out the Grass type could have a Rock typing as well.

It could be canid but differing from Fennekin.

Dogree (Dog+Degree)(Fire)
Celsirius (Celsius+Sirius)(Fire/Ice)
Wolstice (Wolf+Solstice)(Fire/Ice)

What do you guys think?

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
The reason why an Ice starter will never happen (I'm talking about the beginning stages), is because Fire, Water, and Grass are the perfect trio and they resist themselves. Sure Fighting, Flying and Rock could work since they hit each other for super effective damage but Fightng is neutral to itself and so forth with the other two types. While they could have a fully evolved Grass/Fire/Water & Ice starter Pokémon, I really don't see Ice being present as a starter type for the time being.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
The reason why an Ice starter will never happen (I'm talking about the beginning stages), is because Fire, Water, and Grass are the perfect trio and they resist themselves. Sure Fighting, Flying and Rock could work since they hit each other for super effective damage but Fightng is neutral to itself and so forth with the other two types. While they could have a fully evolved Grass/Fire/Water & Ice starter Pokémon, I really don't see Ice being present as a starter type for the time being.

I think Ice should at least be a secondary typing for a starter, but not for the Water starter because that would be too predictable. Plus, Water types can already utilize non-STAB Ice moves well enough.

Instead the Grass or Fire type should get the secondary Ice type. Either way, Grass would be the weakest starter.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
I could see a Water starter gaining a secondary Ice typing.
I would rather like that, but not for Froakie >.>

yeah that would be nice but i was thinking yeah more of ice starter duo so maybe a new grass/ice or maybe fire/ice that would be crazy...also here you go guys the winner is glaceon ^_^ ill be posting the wonderful pokemon in a hour or so and congrats on the cute little eeveelution ^_^

edit: has been added since smogon is down i couldn't add the recommended set as well as i haven't made a NU set in awhile but here you go...

471.gif

Teir: NU
Abilitys: DW Ice Body/ snow cloak

Glaceon is far one of the weaker of the eeveelutions but don't despite the power of its mighty ice move sets and ability in NU teir competitive play. Even though, Glaceon is in the NU teir it is still a beloved treasure to the ice type family. Glaceon is so special as well cuaz it works good with either ability in a hail storm which normally is paired with Abamasnow but smogon recommends ice body. Glaceon is not a very high offensive pokemon but still can put up a fight witch ice beam punches and stabs, as well as its speed isn't as fast but it can be powerful in the NU teir if used right. When making its sets there are a few sets to approach which trying to cover weakness with hp fight or ground might be the best choice for this pokemon, as well as the main stab in most sets its almost matched up to kyurem in the OU teir as the ice beam stabber. Glaceon can be no joke don't take it lightly, when in that hail storm it can be a pretty good NU teir pokemon. Item choices depending on the sets are recommed on smogon either life orb,leftovers, or choice scarf which gives each set a better fighting chance.

Some sets

Choice Scarf Set

nature: modest
ability: (DW) Ice body
item: choice scarf
Ice Beam / Frost Breath
Shadow Ball
Hidden Power Ground / Hidden Power Fighting
Baton Pass

Substitute + Fake Tears Set

nature modest
item: Leftovers
ability: ice body
Substitute
Fake Tears
Ice Beam

Support Set

Nature: Bold
Item: Leftovers/life orb
ability: Ice body
Wish
Protect / Heal Bell
Toxic / Hail
Ice Beam / Blizzard​

Last edited:

Yveltal96

A little more human
Teir: NU
Abilitys: DW Ice Body/ snow cloak

Glaceon is far one of the weaker of the eeveelutions but don't despite the power of its mighty ice move sets and ability in NU teir competitive play. Even though, Glaceon is in the NU teir it is still a beloved treasure to the ice type family. Glaceon is so special as well cuaz it works good with either ability in a hail storm which normally is paired with Abamasnow but smogon recommends ice body. Glaceon is not a very high offensive pokemon but still can put up a fight witch ice beam punches and stabs, as well as its speed isn't as fast but it can be powerful in the NU teir if used right. When making its sets there are a few sets to approach which trying to cover weakness with hp fight or ground might be the best choice for this pokemon, as well as the main stab in most sets its almost matched up to kyurem in the OU teir as the ice beam stabber. Glaceon can be no joke don't take it lightly, when in that hail storm it can be a pretty good NU teir pokemon. Item choices depending on the sets are recommed on smogon either life orb,leftovers, or choice scarf which gives each set a better fighting chance.

Some sets

Choice Scarf Set

nature: modest
ability: (DW) Ice body
item: choice scarf
Ice Beam / Frost Breath
Shadow Ball
Baton Pass

Substitute + Fake Tears Set

nature modest
item: Leftovers
ability: ice body
Substitute
Fake Tears
Ice Beam

Support Set

Nature: Bold
Item: Leftovers/life orb
ability: Ice body
Wish
Protect / Heal Bell
Toxic / Hail
Ice Beam / Blizzard

I don't really use Glaceon too often, but it looks like he has some pretty solid sets. I especially like his support set that you put up. I would prefer Toxic over Hail though, as it gives it a little more of a Cleric type role. Besides, I could just use an Abomasnow instead of wasting a moveslot on Hail :p

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
I need Support Glaceon with Ice Body rather than Snow Cloak 'cause who knows, someone might have Aura Sphere so might as well heal a bit to land a Toxic hit.

Next poll?
I say LC or NFE Ice types this time around.
Spheal
Smoochum
Cubchoo
Who's your favorite?

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
I need Support Glaceon with Ice Body rather than Snow Cloak 'cause who knows, someone might have Aura Sphere so might as well heal a bit to land a Toxic hit.

Next poll?
I say LC or NFE Ice types this time around.
Spheal
Smoochum
Cubchoo
Who's your favorite?

yes i already posted we got time to vote for it and it will be posted on the 4th of july...the choices are on the front too...

Saph~

Serebii Champion x.x

Username: Saphirapwns (Being changed to Saph~~ I think not sure if 1 ~ or 2 ~s)
Favorite Thing About Ice Types: Los colores es muy bueno.
Favorite Ice Pokemon: Glaceon cause eeveelutions are awesome
PO, PS, or WiFi?: PO/PS no wifi still :c
PS: Saph PO: [TSS]Saph <-- way to lazy to change it

Shayminslicker

Comes out of Nowhere
HTML Code:

Username: Shaymin303
Favorite Thing About Ice Types: I like how they make the Dragon types "chill"
Favorite Ice Pokemon: Articuno
PO, PS, or WiFi?: PS and Wifi
Shayminlover123 FC:3740 7370 7605

Status
Not open for further replies.