• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ichor Institute - Discussion

Hydrangea

Just a creature
Staff member
Ichor (n.) In Greek mythology, ichor (/ˈaɪkər/ or /ˈɪkər/; Ancient Greek: ἰχώρ)
is the ethereal fluid that is the blood of the gods and/or immortals.

Ichor Institute - The School of the Gods (AKA Amrita Academy Redux)
Discussion Thread
Sign-Up Thread | Roleplay Thread

student code of conduct.
Introduction,
In accordance with the mandate required by the Immortal Ministry, all students attending Ichor Institute will be provided a Code of Conduct handbook, from now on referred to as the Code. Students receive handbooks so they fully understand their responsibilities and rights. Schools accomplish their educational purposes in a learning climate in which the rights and responsibilities of each individual are known and respected. Brought on in these rights is the responsibility of respecting the rights of others. Education cannot take place unless there is an atmosphere of good order and discipline described as the absence of distractions and disturbances.

------------------------------------------------------------​

Removal by Teachers and Other Forms of Discipline,
1. A teacher may refer a student to the principal or designee's office to maintain effective discipline in the classroom.
2. A teacher may remove from class a student whose behavior the teacher determines is so unruly or disruptive that it seriously interferes with the teacher's ability to communicate effectively with the students in the class or with the ability of the student's classmates to learn.
3. A teacher may give out detentions for any reason, involving misconduct or consecutive rulebreaking.
4. The Head Mistress may suspend (suspension is when the student is banned from class or anywhere else other then their dorm, the bathroom and the cafeteria) or expell (expulsion is when the student is kicked from the academy and sent home) any student, within her rights.​

Rules and Policies,
1. Students will not disturb class.
2. Students must listen and comply to all professor and staff demands.
3. Students shall not bully.
4. Students shall not break the curfew of 12:00 AM.
5. All electronics such as cell phones, laptop computers, pagers, handheld gaming devices and other type of technology may not be on or used during class hours which are 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM unless allowed by a teacher.
7. All fighting will cause a number of disciplinary actions ranging from a week of detention to a month long suspension.
8. Cheating on tests or any other form of work shall cause an automatic fail in that course.
9. Bullying will NOT be tolerated and will be dealt with swiftly and harshly.
10. When students stay back from class they must be authorized by either a nurse, a professor or a parent so that they do not recieve detention.
11. When students skip class, they will be given a detention.
12. While students are highly encouraged to use their powers while on campus, they are not to be used off campus or during class hours unless allowed by the teacher.

rankings.
All students are given a number (between 1 and 4) based on several factors including, but not limited to:

SPECIES
Species effects a student's ranking quite a bit. Gods tend to sit within the 1 to3 ranking ranges, while Demi-Gods often sit in the 2 to 3 ranges and finally Personifications capping out in the 3 to 4 ranges. These numbers vary, of course, and students may exist outside of their species's normal ranking range. These are simply where we've found these species often exist.​

INTENSITY OF POWERS
In the same vein as species, the intensity of a student's powers at any given time will often change their rankings. Thus, Ranks are completely fluid, commonly changing as students grow throughout their years here at the academy.​

DILUTION
Often referred to as "Blood Dilution", or more accurately "Domain Dilution," this refers to where students sit between the purest form of their aspect (explained below) and humanity. The more their powers and domains have been known to be used by humans in their everyday lives, the higher their number.​

aspects.
To further specialize our care for our students, we have named three aspects that all students are sorted into based on their powers: Aeonite, Arcane and Aphotic. Each aspect has it's specific needs and interactions and as such has it's own counselors and student representatives. Often times, a student's aspect is based on their domain, while for others it may be based on the myths and lore of their ancestors.

AEONITE

the mind and the sky,
The creators and leaders of this world all began as school children with their heads in the clouds. The mind is an uplifting, bright place, and as such, so are those of the Aeonite aspect. With powers held high above the heads of men, domains that fall under Aeonite are often fall under the categories of sky, mind, healing and light elements. It is not uncommon for those who fall under this aspect to be proud, confident and outspoken about themselves and their place in life. They're Aeonites! Not even the heavens can limit their potential.

What this aspect lacks in wisdom, it makes up for in ideas. Misguided at times, it's not unusual for these students to be a little overzealous with their self image. Looked highly upon by many of the elders, the Aeonites are the ones generally expected to lead the current generation into an era of prosperity.

Examples of olden gods that would fall under the Aeonite aspect if they had been born in the Ichorian pantheon are Ra, Zeus, Harmonia, Huginn and Munnin. Being the second largest aspect of the three, Aeonites have 3 student representatives on the student council, 2 student counselors and 1 teacher team leader.

AEONITE STUDENTS: Andre Bellamy, Lucas Spenser Moncrief, Dion Patroklos, Tatu Virtanen, Kasumi Hayashi, Max Hudson, Jarrod Reed, Quinn Smith

ARCANE
the body and the earth,
The backbone of every society is in those grounded to the earth they walk on. The body and the powers it can contain are immense, and those of the Arcane aspect reflect the strength within themselves. Even for the gods, the ability to touch and feel the world around them is one of the most important parts of their lives- to understand the human experience is key. With powers resting in the world of men, domains that fall under Arcane are often fall under the categories of physical elements, magics and alchemy, the body and many, many others. It is not uncommon for those who fall under this aspect to be level headed, down to earth and relatively well preserved. There's no need to think themselves over anyone else; all have potential.

What this aspect lacks in ambition, it makes up for in steadfastness. While Aeonites and Aphotics have a flashy quality to them, it is the powers in the Arcane that can be relied on most often. With powers that rarely go haywire, an arcane can call upon their abilities with about as much ease as breathing, and just as naturally. A divine of the arcane quality may often find themselves surrounded by kin, but despite their numbers, they are the ones typically revered and feared by mankind. If a mortal speaks of a god, it's most likely going to be due to the effects of an Arcane.

Examples of olden gods that would fall under the Arcane aspect if they had been born in the Ichorian pantheon are Poseidon, Hephetsus, Annupurna, Nantosuelta, Ochosi and Sun Wukong. Being easily the largest aspect of the three, Arcanes have 5 student representatives on the student council, 3 student counselors and 1 teacher team leader.

ARCANE STUDENTS: Nani Maheo'a, Cecelia Williams (NPC), Collin Hannula

APHOTIC
the soul and the otherworld,
There is no essence of being as eternal as the soul itself. It is old and well worn, but it is everlasting. So long as there are still stars in the night sky, the spirit will persevere until the end of time. But, eternity is unknown. And people fear what they cannot comprehend, thus bring us to the final aspect; Aphotic. Easily the most easily misunderstood aspect, Aphotic domains consist heavily of things that fall under darkness, chaos, death, sleep and ethereal wisdom. Those who fall under this aspect often hold a greater understanding of the world as a whole and are very slow to defend that they are not the villains here. Death not the end, just as darkness is not evil.

With their greater understanding of the universe and old souls, Aphotics are gifted with having the propensity for changing reality itself. However, with great power comes great responsibility: a phrase all great Aphotics come to live by. They are well aware that as their powers can consume and alter the world around them, so too can they alter and consume themselves. A bad Aphotic may find themselves put down by their own gift soon enough, or even by other deities if spun too far out of control.

Examples of olden gods that would fall under the Aphotic aspect if they had been born in the Ichorian pantheon are Hades, Morpheus, Tutu, Erebus, Hel and Notte. Being smallest aspect of the three, Aphotics have between 1 and 2 student representatives on the student council, 1 student counselor and 1 teacher team leader.

APHOTIC STUDENTS: Sibyl Faith, Jessalyn Macdougall, Lex Peterson, Iris Elkies, Nicolas Michael Vespero, William Krause (NPC)

classes.
Your class schedule is mostly up to you. It is an 8 period schedule with lunch in the center, so theoretically it's actually 9 areas.

Period 1 -
Period 2 -
Period 3 -
Period 4 -
Lunch
Period 5 -
Period 6 -
Period 7 -
Period 8 -

Depending on your year, your third period slot is normally taken up by a lab class where you hone your abilities as a god. First Years take the Beginner Lab, Second Years take the Novice Lab, Third Years take the Intermediate Lab, and Fourth Years take the Advanced lab.

You must take an English or History (Or both), a Science (any of your choice), and a study hall period. The other four slots are electives.

If you could post your schedule either in this thread or in your first post I would appreciate it.

dorms.
First years reside in the first floor of housing, second years on the second floor, third years on the third, and fourth years on the fourth. You are forced to share your space with a roommate at all times to save space, which is decided by the registry. Dorms are separated by gender, with girls being on the left side of the building and boys on the right. (Girls have uneven room numbers, boys have even room numbers).

FIRST YEAR DORMS
101: Sibyl Faith (Hydrangea --- Demi-Goddess of Sleep and Dreams)
102: Tatu Virtanen (Skill --- Demi-God of Protection (Human)) & Ian Nakayama (NPC --- God of Life (Symfora of the World)

SECOND YEAR DORMS
201: Quinn Smith (Skill --- Personification of a Phoenix)

THIRD YEAR DORMS
301. Lex Peterson (Vamp --- God of Chaos) & Dion Patroklos (Schade --- God of the Sun)

FOURTH YEAR DORMS
401. Iris Elkies (Hydrangea --- Goddess of Luck (Symfora of Wheel of Fortune)) & Nani Maheo'a (Sketchie --- Goddess of Water)
402. Andre Bellamy (Mon --- God of Love) & Nicolas Michael Vespero (Sketchie --- Demi-God of Fate (Symfora of Death))
403. VACANT (Former room of Cecelia Williams, NPC --- Goddess of Plants)
404. Jarrod Reed (Peegee --- Personification of a Siren) & Collin Hannula (Sketchie --- Personification of a Centaur)
405. Jessalyn Macdougall (Jean Grey --- Goddess of Death) & Kasumi Hayashi (Andy --- Personification of a Kitsune)
406. Lucas Spenser Moncrief (Sketchie --- Demi-God of Melody and Memory) & Maxwell Hudson (Mon --- Personification of a Fairy)
------------------------------------------------------------

other things I feel need to be said.

As this is kind of a pseudo murder-mystery, please remember that there is danger to the lives of your characters. Personifications and humans are mostly safe in this regard, as a Symfora would not be as interested in them. However, it is still possible that an injury could occur if they defend a God/Demi-God friend when things start going down. Gods are in more danger than Demi-Gods but a Symfora
will jump a Demi-God if they're hungry.

Last edited:

Hydrangea

Just a creature
Staff member
Cecelia Williams
Former Arcane Student Council
Goddess of Plants --- Consumed by Iris
bHGgnVK.png

Sweet and well-mannered. Was the definition of a "goody two shoes". Straight A student, known well amongst fourth years.

---

Ian Nakayama
First Year Student
God of Life (Symfora of the World)
YtgBO9W.png

Somewhat cocky and arrogant. As he has extremely strong powers (manifesting the prime arcana) he likes to boast about it. Other Symfora can sense his potential and are drawn to him.

Last edited:

Hydrangea

Just a creature
Staff member
Iris Elkies's schedule

Period 1 - Biology
Period 2 - English Lit
Period 3 - Advanced Lab
Period 4 - History of the Gods
Lunch
Period 5 - Study Hall
Period 6 - Art
Period 7 - Cooking
Period 8 - Music

Sibyl Faith's Schedule

Period 1 - Study Hall
Period 2 - Pottery
Period 3 - Intermediate Lab
Period 4 - Psychology
Lunch
Period 5 - Art History
Period 6 - Chemistry
Period 7 - Anthropology
Period 8 - Biology

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
I appreciate that the RNG was kind enough to put Max and Lucas as roomates, again. xD It must really support this pairing

RIP André tho.

André Classes

Period 1 - Study Hall
Period 2 - Physics
Period 3 - Advanced Lab
Period 4 - Drama
Lunch
Period 5 - European History
Period 6 - Art
Period 7 - Sewing
Period 8 - Music
After School: Drama Club

Max's Classes

Period 1 - Study Hall
Period 2 - Pottery
Period 3 - Advanced Lab
Period 4 - Earth Science
Lunch
Period 5 - Art History
Period 6 - Art
Period 7 - Sewing
Period 8 - Music

Classes are subject to change based on what other people take. André and Max are in most of the same classes. I'm sorry.

Last edited:

Sketchie

literally some guy
Here's a big spreadsheet detailing when classes are and who's in them, you're all welcome. I will be updating this as more schedules arrive.

As for my characters, such as follows*:
*Are subject to change.

Lucas Moncrief
1- Study Hall
2- Physics
3- Advanced Lab
4- Drama
Lunch
5- Chamber Choir - Choir President
6- English Language and Composition
7- Ballroom Team
8- Music - Teacher's Assistant
After School - Aeonite Student Council

Nani Mahelo'a
1- Cooking
2- English Literature
3- Advanced Lab
4- Study Hall
Lunch
5- Chamber Singers
6- Dance Team
7- Sewing
8- Biology
After School - Arcane Student Council

Nicolas Vespero
1- Advanced Orchestra
2- Physics
3- Advanced Lab
4- Study Hall
Lunch
5- European History
6- English Language and Composition
7- Anthropology
8- Military Science/History

Collin Hannula
1- Cooking
2- English Lit
3- Advanced Lab
4- Psychology
Lunch
5- Chamber Singers
6- Dance Team
7- Study Hall
8- Military Science/History

Hydrangea

Just a creature
Staff member
I also want to make a note that student council is a thing and is open to third and fourth years. It won't be a big part of the RP in any way, but all student councils come together for important issues so it's likely characters on the council would know Cecelia very well. You're welcome to join if you want some added stuff (not much, just a more negative reaction when you learn Cece died lmao)

Aphotic will only have one representative as they are low in the larger profile of the school.

AEONITE
1. Lucas (Sketchie)

ARCANE
1. Nani (Sketchie)
2. Cecelia Williams (NPC -- Dead)

APHOTIC
1. Iris Elkies

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Gonna whip together a schedule for Dion, but im not sure on how to do so. Do all the years share classes with each other?

PeeGee

ROAWR!
Just a forewarning, I've got pretty much a whole week of uni res school stuff, so I won't be able to post till next week probably. Schedule will be coming soon.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
There, I posted! Only André for now. I’ll figure out something for Max later.

Also, my post assumes there are communal bathrooms. Otherwise, Cecelia wouldn’t have gotten murdered, because she could have gone to the bathroom in her own room.

Last edited:

Hydrangea

Just a creature
Staff member
sometimes people prefer to study in the school library over their dorm room. (Personally this is the case for me. There’s too many distractions in my room... gotta go to the University to get stuff done lol.) Being a teachers pet/student council member Cecelia was often one to volunteer in the library until the curfew set in.

I’m not trying to rush anyone but I would like to mention that I will be away for quite a bit of August. To the point that progression might be slow (I’ll still be checking into Discord and Serebii but I won’t have a laptop due to traveling and vacation). This being said, with new rules in place this should not be an issue in the grand scheme of things but it was something I felt like I should mention! :3

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Lex's Schedule
(Changes possible)

Period 1 - Study Hall
Period 2 - Pottery
Period 4 - Drama
Lunch
Period 5 - Chemistry
Period 6 - World History
Period 7 - Sewing
Period 8 - Music

Schade

Metallic Wonder
making a schedule here. kinda Yeet'ing it, but thank you to Vamps for helping me out lol

Period 1 - Study Hall
Period 2 - Pottery
Period 4 - Drama
Lunch
Period 5 - Art History
Period 6 - Archery
Period 7 - Art
Period 8 - Music

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
making a schedule here. kinda Yeet'ing it, but thank you to Vamps for helping me out lol

Period 1 - Study Hall
Period 2 - Pottery
Period 4 - Drama
Lunch
Period 5 - Art History
Period 6 - Archery
Period 7 - Art
Period 8 - Music

You can bet your butt André is in Drama Club too. :p

Skillfulness

I'll get schedules for Quinn and Tatu later, but one quick questoin first. Does Quinn have a random, NPC roomate or does she have her own room? I'm good with either, but wanted to check if you had it in mind one way or the other.

Vern

Why not both?
Sully's schedule:

Period 1 - Physics
Period 2 - English Lit
Period 3 - Advanced Lab
Period 4 - History of the Gods
Lunch
Period 5 - Study Hall
Period 6 - Archery
Period 7 - Track and Field
Period 8 - Military Science/History

Also -- what's his housing situation? I imagine he'd probably be a single room but figured it'd be best to confirm.

Sketchie

literally some guy