• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Icon Club [a little love for those tiny graphics]

Umi Mizuno

☠ one girl army
[IMG139]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v452/waterfairygurl61514/asakuraiconclubcopy.png[/IMG139]
This is a club for people who enjoy making icons or admire them!

The Club
Hello hello! This is generally a club for people who love icons or love making them! Please respect everyone and their work, and no stealing icons without credit to the creater. You can mingle with other people and discuss certain styles of icons or post your favourite icons WITH credit to who made it. If you don't know who made it, just post a link to where you found it and make sure to comment on WHY you like it.

The Rules
FEAR THEM
  1. This is a club where you can post icons that aren't made by you, but you must credit the person who made it or paste a link to where you found it.
  2. If you're posting someone else's icons, comment why you like the icon.
  3. No going off topic.
  4. No icons with adult content
  5. Forum rules apply here too.
  6. No flamewars, I WILL KILL. >:O
  7. Discussion of anything relating to icons, like how you made a certain icon or critism is allowed.
  8. When you join, don't just say "I WANT TO JOIN." Contribute to the current topic.
  9. You may advertise your icon threads or icon links but they have to be recent, not from 6 months ago.
  10. Enjoy yourself!

The Members
The awesome people
  1. Umi Mizuno
  2. Icicle
  3. Chelc
  4. Bert
  5. Tyran
  6. Sammi
  7. Alex
  8. raglflagl
  9. Nariko
  10. Brandon-kun
  11. Oira-Kun
  12. MistyMix89
  13. Sweet May
  14. Invinsible Metagross
  15. Mitsukai
  16. Rikku

Icons made by members
If you would like to have your work here, just ask! But it must be yours.

Last edited:

Chelc

I'm joining. :D

I love icons - especially looking through all of the different communities on LJ, lmao. I can't make them at all, I'm no good with graphics or making them, so I just admire them and/or save them.

There's a lot of icons that I like, but none atm that I feel like posting. The IWS icon that you made me, Umi, is pretty sexy, though. ;)

I really like your icons, Anna - especially the Contestshipping one. ;; It's really cute, and I like the text you used. As for the others, each one seems to improve in quality as I click them... if that makes sense. XD; K, I suck at c/c, so I'll shut up now. :x

Bert

Untitled
Count me in ;).
I haven't made one yet, but I definitely will in the future ^^.
And, correct me if I'm wrong, but this is imo the perfect place to get c&c yes?
Anyways, hope I'm allowed in this club ^^.

Tyran

Blast from the past
Hooray another club where u can make Art!
So.. sign me up for a member if u want to ^^
Well i don't have any examples on this PC they are all gone :'[

Well i love to make sprites art Etc.
I do have a bunch of OW things from Pokemon on my PC..

Well i hope i'm a member ^^;

Last edited:

Umi Mizuno

☠ one girl army
Hooray another club where u can make Art!
So.. sign me up for a member if u want to ^^
Well i don't have any examples on this PC they are all gone :'[

Well i love to make sprites art Etc.
I do have a bunch of OW things from Pokemon on my PC..

Well i hope i'm a member ^^;
Umm I think you might be misunderstanding things. This club is generally for icons, not sprites, art, etc. unless it's used in the icon.

Sammi

Banned
Yaaay, an icon club! I'd like to join in- I may be horrible at them but I could always get great crit or something here~ Or ideas and stuff. I guess I'll post my latest icon.
isitformeicon.png

It's flawed all over. The text is barely readable and well, the lines I put around it are... kinda... messy. Dx It was made to match a sig banner. Any other flaws I missed?

Alex

fyl
I'd like to join, please. My most recent icon:
Untitled-1.png

It looks like it's just a light pink backgroud, but there's actually some in there if you zoom in. (Yeah, it's the same image as Sammi's, but I made mine before hers. xP)

You can see more here.

raglflagl

Banned
Oh an Icon club, just when I got into making icons Dx.

Well I'd like to join, but if I need an example...

ChiHidekiLoveAvatar.png

It's my best one so far, but I couldn't fit text in, but I'm happy I didn't. ^^;

Umi Mizuno

☠ one girl army
Welcome all new members! I've added all of you. :3

Well I'd like to join, but if I need an example...

ChiHidekiLoveAvatar.png

It's my best one so far, but I couldn't fit text in, but I'm happy I didn't. ^^;
It looks fine without text, don't sweat it. It looks pretty ok but try messing with the saturation and the coloring, I'm pretty sure your icon would look much better.

Untitled-1.png

It looks like it's just a light pink backgroud, but there's actually some in there if you zoom in. (Yeah, it's the same image as Sammi's, but I made mine before hers. xP)
Between you and me, no offense Sammi, yours is the better one. I like the desaturated and loss of colors, there's just something so much more original then there actually being color. Did you use a tutorial for it? The coloring looks a little familiar. The text could use a little work though. You should make it more noticable, I almost missed it. XD

isitformeicon.png

It's flawed all over. The text is barely readable and well, the lines I put around it are... kinda... messy. Dx It was made to match a sig banner. Any other flaws I missed?
You're right about the text being obsecure, you shouldn't have used pink as the choice of color because an icon that's just around a different shade of one color is pretty bland. And I don't understand why there's tiny text in the lower right corner. o_o

Well if anyone wants to see my newest batch of icons (which is about 100+ icons so dial up users, beware) they are here.

Jakotsu

Banned
Dude, I'm in. :'3
I can't make an avi even if my life depended on it. I recently made this one this morning;
leavemefalling.png

x_x Anything I can like do to it? I swear, it is my best one yet.

raglflagl

Banned
It looks fine without text, don't sweat it. It looks pretty ok but try messing with the saturation and the coloring, I'm pretty sure your icon would look much better.

Alright, I'll remember that when I'm making more icons ^^ thanks for the crit.

And again, I've made another icon Dx, I played around with the Selective Color tool, and got this effect, so comments and criticism please?

RyoukoAsakuraDie.png

*prepares to get hurt by Umi for using Ryoko* Dx.

Last edited:

Sammi

Banned
Thanks for the crit~ I'll keep that in mind. x_X

raglflagl: I think you like... made it too dark. And I find the tiny text in it rather uneeded. It also looks a little too pixelated. Also, made a new icon. A request, don't ask about the rather freaky image.
aaa.png

~Mist~

revolutionary~
Ooh, I would definitely like to join, Umi! =D I don't normally focus on text that much. I like going more for the colors. *likes to stare at pretty colors* xD

I'll share a few of my recent work. I do something different with every icon. =D

06-4.jpg

04-4.jpg

ao6.jpg

17-.jpg

01.jpg

raglflagl

Banned
Sammi: Well with that avatar, I wonder why the avatar is bright, shouldn't it have been darker? Plus I think it should be more on the side of gray because of the image? Then again, I'm not really good at that part.. also, the avatar is suppose to be dark Dx.

RyoukoAsakuraKill.png

I 'fixed' it, and removed the text too, I was bothered by it when I removed the tiny text...

Also
RyokoAsakuraSpike.png

I know it looks blurry.. yeah..
RyokoAsakuraSharpened.png

Sharpened version..

C&C very much appreciated.

Jakotsu

Banned
D: Woah. There's a lot of pretty ones.

I did this one instead of my homework. xD;

endurance.png

Sammi

Banned
@Nariko: Hnn... I like the image focus and all but I think Hinata blends a little bit too much into the background.
sasodeiloveavy.png

Erm. I like it. Well, the colours, at least... critcritcrit. *shot*

Bert

Untitled
It's nice.I like the picture and the bright (yet not eye-stinging) colors make me feel happy (tough I'm not but nvm).

I shoudl give it a shot as well.
Anyone got some tips or tricks for a first-timer (I ue Pixia btw, owudl it be of importance) :p.

Icicle

I'm not too good with the whole giving c.c but um.. here's three I did that you guys can comment on >>;;

twilighticon.png

newmoonicon.png

ecliplseicon.jpg

Last edited: