• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Idea: Items to make Uber into OU

Brennenstuhl

Flygon Rider
I have an idea. As you know, Latias was moved from Uber to OU, but with a catch: no Soul Dew. Couldn't it work a similar way with Ubers?

For example, lets take Deoxys's Speed Form. One of its big attractions is a base 180 speed. Items like Iron Ball, Macho Brace, and Power Lens would cut speed in half to a more manageable 90. Would you be willing to face Deoxys-S if its speed was cut in half?

Similarly, a Groudon or Deoxys-A with a flame orb would be easier to manage due to not only its burnt status damage, but the attack cut it comes with.

Finally, a Ho-Oh with an Iron orb would become vunarable to good old earthquake.

Most of the pokemon in the uber would need a speed cut as their requirement, which is provided by enough items to where you can have a whole team of them. However, there have to be some banned moves on them so they can't get rid of their restraint, these moves are:

Trick, Switcharoo, Fling,

In addition, these moves become banned to use on your ally in double battles as well:
The above moves, covet, theif, embargo
---
Who knows, maybe soon you will see Deoxys, Lugia, and Giratina fighting Salamence, Weavile, and Azelf in a competitive battle.

Last edited:

iCharmarc

i dont get OU and UU and ubers waht are they?

-Raiga-

i dont get OU and UU and ubers waht are they?
OU is overused and UU is underused. Uber are just the pokemon typically stronger than everything else such as mewtwo or Rayquaza

I'm not much of a competitive pokemon player, but when you take deoxys S and cut its speed in half, it becomes a slow pokemon with horrible defenses. Not only that, doing something like that would take away the purpose of its speed, so people would once again go for the pokemon with the highest speed, so overall it wouldn't change anything.

iAmDewgong

Not too shabby
Why would someone want a Deoxys-A with a Flame Orb?

League

Master Abra Catcher
I don't like the idea--personally, I don't like the idea of Latias being OU without Soul Dew, as this holds little value unless you're battling on Shoddy. Elsewhere, it can't immediately be gauged as to what it does or doesn't hold.

I really don't like the idea of items being banned, be they hax or not.