• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

IDEA: The Ash and Pikachu Show!

FlamingRuby

The magic of Pokemon
Here's an interesting idea I thought of for a script fic...

A little background for you:

On some Looney Tunes compilations you see on TV, the cartoons usually have an interlude in which the stars mess around onstage. So I thought: "What if Pokemon had something like that?" Thus, the idea for a script fic was born.

Ash would "host" the "show" telling the audience about his adventures, answering fan mail, and the like... which would every so often be messed up by Team Rocket (which would often lead to an episode)

Other surprises include guest hosts talking about their important episodes, a musical number by Brock, and more!

A preview:

The Ash and Pikachu Show-Season 1

ANP #001: The Dynamic Poke-Duo!

(Cue OP-On Our Way-as the song plays, we see various shots of the Pokemon cast in the backstage area, getting ready for a show: Misty walks past one member of the lighting crew, making her trip and drop her paints, which color some of the notes on Brock's sheet music. He tries to clean the music, only to get walloped by a basketball in the face (thrown by May) Pikachu runs past all of this, down a hallway, and through a door with a star on it marked "Ash". He cries "Pika!" and points at a clock, which is ticking dangerously close to "Show Time!" Ash notices the time on the clock and ducks behind a screen to get ready, when he finishes, he's now decked out in a red top hat (with the same design as his cap) and tails. Ash then runs head on at the camera and makes a flying entrance onto a stage as the song concludes)

Female announcer: And now, it's time for the Ash and Pikachu Show!

(Pikachu climbs onto Ash's shoulder and smiles as the title card flies in from the right, a short clip of "On Our Way" in the background)

(Applause as Ash (this time in his normal attire) jogs onstage and waves to the imaginary crowd.)

Ash: Thank you! We have a great show planned for you tonight...we've got thrills---

(Ash is cut off by a scream backstage)

Ash: Uh, I didn't mean those kinds of thrills...::ahem:: We've got chills--

(We see the backstage thermostat-a mysterious hand turns the knob down, making the temperature in the theater drop to the point where Ash is a human ice cube)

Ash(shivering): I d-didn't m-mean those kinds of ch-chills, either...Who's m-messing with the thermostat?

(The answer of course, is Pikachu...he playfully turns the knob all the way to the right, making the theater so hot, Ash melts into an amoeba made of sweat. He crawls backstage to see Pikachu turning the temperature knob back and forth, making the theater's environment change accordingly)

Ash-amoeba: Pikachu? Could you stop messing with the thermostat? You're making it uncomfortable for me and the audience!

Pikachu: Chu! (he resets the thermostat back to normal, making Ash appear in his original form)

Ash: Now come on! We have a show to do! (returns to the stage, Pikachu in tow) As I was saying, we even have a few surprises for-- (a trapdoor suddenly opens under Ash) YOOOOUUUU!!!! (A splash is heard)

Pikachu: Pikapi? (looks down the trapdoor to see Ash in a puddle of water)

Ash: Just start the first cartoon, would ya?

Pikachu: Pika! (he bounds up to a projector and starts it, making the lights in the theater go down)

(CARTOON-Pokemon, I Choose You!)

(When the cartoon ends, Ash trudges back onstage sopping wet, to the cheers of the audience.)

Ash: I wonder why we even HAVE that trapdoor....

Misty(offscreen): Beats me! (Misty appears onstage with a drawing board, paper, and a chair)

Ash: What's all that for?

Misty: I thought I might show the viewers at home how certain things are done here...lights!

(On Our Way interlude plays as title card appears-'Back to the Drawing Board' with Misty". Misty's face appears in the o in "Board")

(A white screen appears, presumably to simulate a blank piece of paper.)

Misty(voiceover): Ah, a fresh piece of blank paper...let's see what sort of mayhem we can make here....but before that, we need a character to undergo our adventures!

(A pencil appears on the screen and begins drawing and coloring Brock)

Brock: Hi! (looks around the blank screen) I could use some scenery here...

(The pencil draws a line behind Brock, making a very simple scene)

Brock: Not much of a scene...

Misty(voiceover): Then be specific!

Brock: Okay...how about...the beach? (the pencil draws in a crowded beach) and I'm surfing to impress the ladies! (the pencil draws a surfboard and water under Brock, before it starts to erase him!) Hey, what the...?

Misty(voiceover): I'm just dressing you accordingly...(the pencil draws swim trunks onto Brock) There. Happy surfing! (the scene begins moving--Brock weaves and swirls on the waves, to the point of making silly poses on the board) But, watch where you're going, Surfer King! (Brock crashes into a palm tree, making "The End" appear on the screen)

So...write it, or shelve it?

Last edited:

Zerodius

Eternally hating D/P
Original, good quality humor (no unfunny toilet, sex, excessive stupidity humor here), written correctly (I think...)...

WE HAVE A WINNER!

Writte it. Good humor fics featuring Ash & cie. are so rare that you'll actually turn out original, using the canon characters.