• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ideal Villain Plot

My ideal evil team plot would be one which involves one of Ash's companions heavily into the evil team - maybe they were once part of it, or maybe they are part of it? That would be an interesting idea. We might've got it a bit with N but he was only really a companion for about 7 episodes. I'm talking about a close friend of Ash.

Oh, and something which doesn't involve a Deus Ex Machina. Looking at you Team Flare Arc (Zygarde cores could've stopped the fight at any minute which kinda made the whole fighting thing a bit pointless to me, if anyone has a counter-argument feel free to mention it to me).

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
My ideal evil team plot would be one which involves one of Ash's companions heavily into the evil team - maybe they were once part of it, or maybe they are part of it? That would be an interesting idea. We might've got it a bit with N but he was only really a companion for about 7 episodes. I'm talking about a close friend of Ash.

Oh, and something which doesn't involve a Deus Ex Machina. Looking at you Team Flare Arc (Zygarde cores could've stopped the fight at any minute which kinda made the whole fighting thing a bit pointless to me, if anyone has a counter-argument feel free to mention it to me).

Maybe Lillie will be involved in the villain plot. That'd be great since it'll make her unique and hopefully she'll be the one to stop her crazy mom, and not Ash or anyone else lol

Maybe Lillie will be involved in the villain plot. That'd be great since it'll make her unique and hopefully she'll be the one to stop her crazy mom, and not Ash or anyone else lol

I'm hoping that'll happen too, especially the part that she does it, not Ash. Ash perfectly screwed May over in the Pokemon Ranger movie, and I don't want to see that again. Also cute, shy girl successfully becomes confident, cool girl that finally avenges herself and her brother (or even does it with her brother) is something I'm extra hyped for.

snorlax512

I'm hoping that'll happen too, especially the part that she does it, not Ash. Ash perfectly screwed May over in the Pokemon Ranger movie, and I don't want to see that again. Also cute, shy girl successfully becomes confident, cool girl that finally avenges herself and her brother (or even does it with her brother) is something I'm extra hyped for.

even in the games she doesn't do anything haha she just yells at Lusamine then hides while you battle her

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Speaking of them, they should've had a big clash with Team Rocket that lead to its end in Johto. They could've had Jessie, James and Meowth still on Ash's trail sure but I feel like Team Rocket was left too loose of a plot thread and I'm not sure if they know how to tie it up.

Team Rocket's kind of the anomaly in that its the only villainous team that hasn't collapsed after the region it was introduced. Almost certainly because it's too iconic to do so

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
even in the games she doesn't do anything haha she just yells at Lusamine then hides while you battle her

That's because in the games she has no Pokemon of her own. If she ends up becoming a trainer in the anime, she could use Vulpix against Lusamine and maybe some other Pokemon, possibly even Nebby if the writers go down that route.

snorlax512

That's because in the games she has no Pokemon of her own. If she ends up becoming a trainer in the anime, she could use Vulpix against Lusamine and maybe some other Pokemon, possibly even Nebby if the writers go down that route.

Well they either have to make Lillie progress faster than Sawyer, or make Lusamine the weakest evil team leader ever if the writers want her to even stand a chance, because it doesn't look like she's going to become a trainer any time soon.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Well they either have to make Lillie progress faster than Sawyer, or make Lusamine the weakest evil team leader ever if the writers want her to even stand a chance, because it doesn't look like she's going to become a trainer any time soon.

Not really fair to say that when Lillie is already overcoming her fear of Pokemon within eight episodes.

matt0044

Team Rocket's kind of the anomaly in that its the only villainous team that hasn't collapsed after the region it was introduced. Almost certainly because it's too iconic to do so

They haven't really be relevant to the games since Gen 4 with a mere remake. Kind of weird for an Anime that's meant to advertise the games...

RedJirachi

Veteran member
They haven't really be relevant to the games since Gen 4 with a mere remake. Kind of weird for an Anime that's meant to advertise the games...

By that point they became such a mainstay of the plot they didn't know how to get rid of them. Kind of like why Brock stuck around longer than any companion

Janovy

Banned
By that point they became such a mainstay of the plot they didn't know how to get rid of them. Kind of like why Brock stuck around longer than any companion
It's not that they don't know how to get rid of them, it's that they don't want to. Team Rocket is fairly popular in Japan and have, after such a long time, become a staple of this series.

For the anime producers, removing Team Rocket would be like removing Ash and Pikachu and that isn't happening anytime soon.

I'm afraid that Ash, Pikachu and the Team Rocket trio are the constants of this anime.

DatsRight

It's not that they don't know how to get rid of them, it's that they don't want to. Team Rocket is fairly popular in Japan and have, after such a long time, become a staple of this series.

For the anime producers, removing Team Rocket would be like removing Ash and Pikachu and that isn't happening anytime soon.

I'm afraid that Ash, Pikachu and the Team Rocket trio are the constants of this anime.

Not to mention Team Rocket make for good plot devices and writing short cuts. Generally a good way to simplify a story conflict or make a complex dilemma forgotten is to shove 'Ash vs Team Rocket' in there. I doubt the writers feel forced to put them in because they make their jobs a lot easier.

matt0044

The Trio maybe but they really should've just had the organization disbanded by Johto really. Then the TRio could strike out on their own in attempt to start their new Team Rocket.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Just have a villain that isn't so generic and delusional. No more of this "I don't care what happens to this world, all I want is for this world to become mine!". Maybe make the villain have some sort of tragic past that triggers it's hatred towards society and seeks revenge against them

So basically the utter crapfest that was anime Galactic versus actual gameverse Galactic with all their depth and rationale.

When the anime ends, make it a Rocket arc. So we get the evil team arc of whatever region we're in, then the league where Ash finally wins, then suddenly Giovanni actually pokes his head in and the grand finale takes place. I think if that happens then there needs to be heavy focus on Jessie and James. Like maybe they have to choose between Ash's side and Giovanni's side and they feel torn because they've been going up against Ash and his friends for however-many years, but they almost feel a bond of friendship with Ash, because trying to get Pikachu had been the thing that had kept them going for so long, and they didn't want all that to end. Idk, just me rambling.

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
When the anime ends, make it a Rocket arc. So we get the evil team arc of whatever region we're in, then the league where Ash finally wins, then suddenly Giovanni actually pokes his head in and the grand finale takes place. I think if that happens then there needs to be heavy focus on Jessie and James. Like maybe they have to choose between Ash's side and Giovanni's side and they feel torn because they've been going up against Ash and his friends for however-many years, but they almost feel a bond of friendship with Ash, because trying to get Pikachu had been the thing that had kept them going for so long, and they didn't want all that to end. Idk, just me rambling.

We already had a TR arc with Giovanni taking stage as main antagonist but this sounds nice tho

We already had a TR arc with Giovanni taking stage as main antagonist but this sounds nice tho

Eh, I mean one where Rocket is finally defeated.

And I guess I just really want more TRio development.

DatsRight

Eh, I mean one where Rocket is finally defeated.

And I guess I just really want more TRio development.

Well keep in mind the Operation Tempest arc actually was meant to be the final appearance of Team Rocket at one point. I will admit I'm glad it wasn't, the arc wasn't too bad as it ended up, but it didn't feel like a fulfilling swan song for either Giovanni or the TRio. Not to mention the TRio leaving on a sinister, dignified note instead of a wacky pathos filled song and dance just feels so....wrong.

But hey, at least we Weedled a Giovanni arc out of it. XD