• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ideas About The World.

What do you think is right about how the Universe was made.

• That The Big Bang is right.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DracosWulfgar

what ever........
I am one of those people who have trouble falling asleep.
So I brainstorm up new ideas about many things.
On This thread I will post my Ideas that I come up with.

Today I start with God and The Big Bang.

God is said to have created the world in seven days. Other people say the universe started with a Big Bang that over millions of years to get to the Earth we have today. I say they are both wrong but both right.

Why?

It just doesn't make senese with me. How could someone create a whole universe in seven days, without creating other planetary lifeforms, basically leave us alone. How could something just start growing and expanding without anyone to start the process.
Which Is why I think that the whole thing is like an infinty loop.
Someone plants something that just starts expanding and constantly growing, then those people [that arose from that seed]grow so smart that they figure out how to create a universe in a capsule that just continues that cycle.
The saying goes ''Which came first the tree or the seed?''
How could anything not somehow start from a cycle?

That is why I think they are both wrong and are both right.
Tell me what you think about this.

Tomorrow is a new day.

Conquering Storm

Driver of the Aegis
I don't think any of the current hypotheses we have about the creation of the universe are correct.

Take the standard Judeo-Christian creation story. Even without getting into a lot of skepticism about the existence of God, science has basically rendered any weight this had as a serious theory a thing of the past. Evolution, dating of fossils, et cetera, et cetera. You could argue that it's an allegory, but allegories butter no parsnips, nor do they create universes.

Now take the Big Bang theory (no, not the TV show). Everything in the universe expanding outward from one tiny, superdense point (the singularity)? Well, science has explained that, and it's all fine and dandy right up until someone asks, "So where'd the singularity come from?" As far as I know, the only hypothesis that has been seriously posited for that is that the singularity was the remains of a previous, collapsed universe, but then you end up with a "turtles all the way down" situation (the previous universe expanded from a singularity made up of the remains of a previous universe, etc...), which was what the Big Bang theory was supposed to avoid when it replaced the steady-state hypothesis.

I haven't the faintest clue about how the universe did come into existence, but someday, scientists are bound to figure it out.

Swordsman4

I am one of those people who have trouble falling asleep.
So I brainstorm up new ideas about many things.
On This thread I will post my Ideas that I come up with.

Today I start with God and The Big Bang.

God is said to have created the world in seven days. Other people say the universe started with a Big Bang that over millions of years to get to the Earth we have today. I say they are both wrong but both right.

Why?

It just doesn't make senese with me. How could someone create a whole universe in seven days, without creating other planetary lifeforms, basically leave us alone. How could something just start growing and expanding without anyone to start the process.
Which Is why I think that the whole thing is like an infinty loop.
Someone plants something that just starts expanding and constantly growing, then those people [that arose from that seed]grow so smart that they figure out how to create a universe in a capsule that just continues that cycle.
The saying goes ''Which came first the tree or the seed?''
How could anything not somehow start from a cycle?

That is why I think they are both wrong and are both right.
Tell me what you think about this.

Tomorrow is a new day.

I don't see why some people struggle to believe that God created the world, an entity with unlimited power can easily create a universe. That being said, what I find hard to believe is that the earth randomly exploded and "evolved" gradually creating the world of today. I find it takes more faith to believe the evolutionist's prospective.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I don't see why some people struggle to believe that God created the world, an entity with unlimited power can easily create a universe. That being said, what I find hard to believe is that the earth randomly exploded and "evolved" gradually creating the world of today. I find it takes more faith to believe the evolutionist's prospective.

i think it's a giant white guy in the sky who can see everything and decides on everything that some people have a problem with :p

Swordsman4

i think it's a giant white guy in the sky who can see everything and decides on everything that some people have a problem with :p

God doesn't decide on everything, man has been given free will and can choose to accept Him or reject Him.

I don't think any of the current hypotheses we have about the creation of the universe are correct.

Take the standard Judeo-Christian creation story. Even without getting into a lot of skepticism about the existence of God, science has basically rendered any weight this had as a serious theory a thing of the past. Evolution, dating of fossils, et cetera, et cetera. You could argue that it's an allegory, but allegories butter no parsnips, nor do they create universes.

Now take the Big Bang theory (no, not the TV show). Everything in the universe expanding outward from one tiny, superdense point (the singularity)? Well, science has explained that, and it's all fine and dandy right up until someone asks, "So where'd the singularity come from?" As far as I know, the only hypothesis that has been seriously posited for that is that the singularity was the remains of a previous, collapsed universe, but then you end up with a "turtles all the way down" situation (the previous universe expanded from a singularity made up of the remains of a previous universe, etc...), which was what the Big Bang theory was supposed to avoid when it replaced the steady-state hypothesis.

I haven't the faintest clue about how the universe did come into existence, but someday, scientists are bound to figure it out.

I do not question the validity of the Big Bang Theory, I do question the people who believe that an explosion happened and randomly created life. The view of simple life forms becoming complex life forms via random forces is about as likely as a tornado ripping through a junkyard and creating a Boeing 747.

Again, I do not question the theory of the Big Bang. The Bible, in fact, supports said view when it says that God spoke and the world was created. I find it very possible that when God created the universe that there was an explosion from matter being created and a world being birthed.

As for evolution being a supposed "fact", why is it that every missing link that researchers find turns out to be a hoax or unanimously concluded to be either fully human or fully ape? Do not trust my own words, do your own research ad look up Piltdown Man.

And even if we take evolution at face value, that fails to explain morality and its origins. I find it highly unlikely that chimps decided one day to stop flinging their poo and developed manners, for even domesticated animals often tend to snap at random.

Science can't decide whether butter is healthy or deadly, why would I trust them for the origins of the universe? I choose to believe a much more logical conclusion to the universe--a supreme being that created the universe.

However, to each their own...God has given man free will to accept Him or reject Him.

Last edited by a moderator:

DracosWulfgar

what ever........
I am not saying GOD couldn't do it IF it WAS HIM.
IF it was HIM I just want to understand how He did it.
IF it wasn't HIM I want to know how it was created.
I AM NOT SAYING HE COULDN'T EXIST.
Or that I don't believe HE exists.

Swordsman4

I am not saying GOD couldn't do it IF it WAS HIM.
IF it was HIM I just want to understand how He did it.
IF it wasn't HIM I want to know how it was created.
I AM NOT SAYING HE COULDN'T EXIST.
Or that I don't believe HE exists.

Being all-powerful He spoke and it caused the world to exist, the Bible clearly states this. As for the days, He split creation up into multiple days as an example for us. He worked six days and rested on the seventh. It's not that difficult to understand or accept. Again, your only substitute is varied accounts that change constantly in both the form and time. Again, I find it far tougher to try to believe that single celled organisms morphed into humanity as we see it today.

DracosWulfgar

what ever........
Being all-powerful He spoke and it caused the world to exist, the Bible clearly states this. As for the days, He split creation up into multiple days as an example for us. He worked six days and rested on the seventh. It's not that difficult to understand or accept. Again, your only substitute is varied accounts that change constantly in both the form and time. Again, I find it far tougher to try to believe that single celled organisms morphed into humanity as we see it today.

I have read the Bible.
Fine how did God come into being and who says it has to be a him.
The Bible isn't Right About Everything.

How Do You think we were BORN.

The Bible said that when God sent the flood, It killed EVERYTHING that was not on the ark.
However in The EPIC of Gilgamesh said that Someone had built an ark to survive a flood, but it did not kill everything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.