• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ideas for a UU sunny day team?

cleftboywonder

Tournament Champion
what do you guys think would be a solid sunny day team for the UU teir?

TheGreatDragonite

Dragon Trainer
Sunflora would be pretty good with Chlorophyll. Just a suggestion.

cleftboywonder

Tournament Champion
thanks for responding....i was thinking about using bellossom as well as exeggutor as a start. What do you think?

TheGreatDragonite

Dragon Trainer
Maybe, but you certainly don't want all-grass. I would recomment Claydol. this can set up Sunny Day, stealth rock and reflect, and even more. YOu might also want to look into fire types.

cleftboywonder

Tournament Champion
yeah well i was thinking to try and make a sunny day team and eliminate the fire pokemon because of so many water types and pokemon who has access to ground moves.
I like the speed boost from the sun... it will be interesting how it turns out

orangezilla

Who's dar man
Tangrowth if you don't use him then you are a fool, he has multiple options especiially within sun and is an amazing pokemon even within the OU tier.

Annihilator

Everyone's Watching
Ambipom is personally one of my favorite UU sunny day leads. Your choice, though. There are a lot of options to work with. Tangrowth is also an amazing sunny day pokemon.

cleftboywonder

Tournament Champion
thanks for the comments guys....i really want to be as different from the usual sunny day teams that people use so thats why i didnt put tangrowth or ambiphom...any other ideas?

orangezilla

Who's dar man
thanks for the comments guys....i really want to be as different from the usual sunny day teams that people use so thats why i didnt put tangrowth or ambiphom...any other ideas?

i have an ou sunny day team and my team is certainly very far from ordinary, but remember you can catch your opponent off guard with different movesets as well as pokemon, just because you may use a tangrwoth doesn't mean it has to be one people are expecting, tangrowth can be a defensive wall, attacker, special attacker and support pokemon. just to give you something to think about :)

cleftboywonder

Tournament Champion
yeah believe me when i say that i know that because my whole pokemon career has been me using pokemon differently from everyone else...i will probably end up making 2 UU sunny day teams and i will use one of my favorite pokemon tangela in one of them i think that tangrowth was a forced move in the fact that people wanted a evolution. I'm not big on tangrowth.

orangezilla

Who's dar man
yeah believe me when i say that i know that because my whole pokemon career has been me using pokemon differently from everyone else...i will probably end up making 2 UU sunny day teams and i will use one of my favorite pokemon tangela in one of them i think that tangrowth was a forced move in the fact that people wanted a evolution. I'm not big on tangrowth.

tangela's viable with evolite + lol tangrowth's my favourite pokemon :p

Last edited:

TheGreatDragonite

Dragon Trainer
I don't really like Tangela. You could always go for meganium...

cleftboywonder

Tournament Champion
Lol in a perfect world the whole team would be grass types...the hard part is choosing only two of them.

cleftboywonder

Tournament Champion

orangezilla

Who's dar man
what do you think of having exeggutor and bellosom as my two grass types?

bellosm is certainly not the usual choice but im not sure you would have a great amount of success with it

exeggutor however has a really interesting dream world ability and i bet you could find some really interesting sets for that

cleftboywonder

Tournament Champion
bellosm is certainly not the usual choice but im not sure you would have a great amount of success with it

exeggutor however has a really interesting dream world ability and i bet you could find some really interesting sets for that

yeah well i do like doing things contrary to the norm....and this in in 4th gen btw

orangezilla

Who's dar man
yeah well i do like doing things contrary to the norm....and this in in 4th gen btw

sorry yh forgot for a second but yh both are certainly viable, id say test them out see if you like them, if not try something else, like you say you have a long list of grass types waiting if you think they aren't pulling their weight

cleftboywonder

Tournament Champion
sorry yh forgot for a second but yh both are certainly viable, id say test them out see if you like them, if not try something else, like you say you have a long list of grass types waiting if you think they aren't pulling their weight

yeah your rite..i appreciate your responses they were very helpful.