• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

ideas for new abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

zapdragon14

High as the sky 8D
doomsday: panics all pokemon in the battle, (excluding yours) lowering their attack stat, also raises dark type moves by 1.5 times.

pokemon to have it: Absol

ebil joey

Stubborn-Pokemon will endure an attack that would have k.o'd them.
;202;;360; and maybe some more. lol that would be so cheap

Bully-the pokemon will only recieve 50% (from a pokemon that has 50 base attk) damage.
big pokemon like snorlax/machoke/machamp etc.

Coward-pokemon auto switches when against pokemon with a weakness attack (unless the pokemon has no choice/only pokemon left). (could be a nature)

(insert name here)-Only hurt by not very effective moves.(reverse wonder guard)

Recharge/Charging-absorbs electric attacks.

Vanish&Reapear-1st turn all attacks but psychic,Ghost,Dark misss and 2nd turn pokemon reapears. (happens every turn)

Shape shift-transforms into any pokemon at random with 4 good moves.
(could probably be an attack)

Xyden

Legend Of Steel
Wonder Hit: All moves do nuetral damage to the opponents pokemon

Pokemon with Ability: Hearcross, Pinsir, Scyther, Scizor

blax8192

I like pie!
blind rage:when below 50%hp this pokemons accuracy goes down 30% but attack damage doubles
primeape, anything that would get angry easily, i'm too lazy to make a list

observant:knows opponents held item
just about anything with keen eye/alot of eyes

foretell:tells you if opponent is about to use a move over 120 base power(before modifiers and super effective/not very effective) but doesn't tell you what the move is, just says something like the opponent is preparing to get serious
a few non legendaries that can learn future sight like medicham, abra, kadabra, alakazam(maybe not alakazam)

reflex:when a pokemon uses a move low priority move, your evasion for THAT TURN increases one stage

bravery:refuses to switch out, won't flinch, maybe negates 1hkos or maybe has a chance to survive a hit with 1 hp
that I know of brave pokes, starly should definitely have it, dunno who else

boil:eek:n water type, makes it neutral to fire, but resistant to flying

ugly: has a chance to make other pokemon flinch when this pokemon comes into battle, maybe physical moves lowered accuracy/power and spec moves higher power/accuracy or something
purugly, snubbul, granbul, and a few other buttugly ones

NotChip

®™
Direct force:
Moves used by this pokemon are not effected by "super effective" or "Not very effective" or even "doesn't effect".
Basically everything does normal damage towards foes (I don't mean count as being "normal" type, I mean the attacks do their basic, unmodifed damage by foes type, though STAB is still included)

Pokemon to have it: Pinsir.

Vennomous implant:
All physical moves used by this pokemon have a 20% chance of KOing the foe outright. This however, does not effect steel or posion types or those with the "Immunity" ability.
Pokemon to have it: Beedrill

Last edited:

Dark Arceus

Worst. Name. Ever.
Thunder Touch:

20% chance of any move that hurts the other pokemon paralyzing it.

Pokemon that learn it: Elekid, Electabuzz, Electivire

spawngod316

I'm just a thinker
Gentle Touch:
Boosts Accuracy of Moves by 20%, but reduces power of moves by 30%

Pokemon that can learn it: Togekiss

blax8192

I like pie!
I dunno about thundertouch and venemous implant, they sound a little uber to me, probably a much lower percentage for thundertouch, but the other one is way uber, but thats just my opinion, no offense they're all good ideas

branch/breakoff/split something along those lines, the pokemon with this ability will in your pc maybe every week or so turn into two pokes taking three iv's from the one parent and three random iv's

corsola, ditto(everybody has always wanted to breed ditto to have one of each nature, and/or a perfect iv in each stat, everybody knows if two dittos get it on nothing happens, but if ditto splits every once in awhile, it explains why no matter how long we spend killing dittos, they never stop appearing =P

corsola should have it...just because

Last edited:

golden jirachi

Sinnoh Star!
vaporization: let's escape and ups evasioness(ghost pokemon and i hope a future spritomb evo.)
royal sheild: deflects all added effects back to the foe.(vespiquen)
rainbow whirl: ups all stats every trun by 1( ho-oh and future new type whihc i hopethey exist named elementals. all types in one pokemon.)
spirit call: in extreme cases it revives all pokemon by haldf of hp(only used once) ( marowak evo).
family aura: ups by 200% your stats if u ahve ay marowak or cubon in party(maorwak evo. named: bonewereck. type: ground.)
song of chaos: lowers foes stats by 300% and leaves it with half hp (apply this to our party). ( chatot evo. fusanix. type: fly/dragon.)
startle: lowers foe's stats by 500% (salamance, and other scary pokemon.)
fur aromour: lowers foesattacks by 2. ( linoone.)
ominus appearence: if this pokemon appears in battle the battle ends in 5 turns!!8 new dark pokemon.)

and a new feature named Extreme mode OU/BL/UB and frosslass have it. they only enter it while in danger (after that they can freely enter or go out of it.) they're stats go like crazy 1000% up!! i know too much but the enter only in full happines, passed the league, enter a pokemon contests and win anf finnally if have max condition in one thing.

Sparkyperson

Light Ball Collector
vaporization: let's escape and ups evasioness(ghost pokemon and i hope a future spritomb evo.)
royal sheild: deflects all added effects back to the foe.(vespiquen)
rainbow whirl: ups all stats every trun by 1( ho-oh and future new type whihc i hopethey exist named elementals. all types in one pokemon.)
spirit call: in extreme cases it revives all pokemon by haldf of hp(only used once) ( marowak evo).
family aura: ups by 200% your stats if u ahve ay marowak or cubon in party(maorwak evo. named: bonewereck. type: ground.)
song of chaos: lowers foes stats by 300% and leaves it with half hp (apply this to our party). ( chatot evo. fusanix. type: fly/dragon.)
startle: lowers foe's stats by 500% (salamance, and other scary pokemon.)
fur aromour: lowers foesattacks by 2. ( linoone.)
ominus appearence: if this pokemon appears in battle the battle ends in 5 turns!!8 new dark pokemon.)

and a new feature named Extreme mode OU/BL/UB and frosslass have it. they only enter it while in danger (after that they can freely enter or go out of it.) they're stats go like crazy 1000% up!! i know too much but the enter only in full happines, passed the league, enter a pokemon contests and win anf finnally if have max condition in one thing.
The percentage of stats changes is FAR too high. 500%...no even 300% stat reduction would make any pokemon weaker than anything in even UU/NU tier......

Fog Cloud(needs a better name): Pokémon brings thick fog into the battle when released.
Pokémon: none.. maybe a new 5th gen legendary.

Maybe Torkoal and Koffing/Weezing?

Slow Motion:
Swift, Aerial Ace, Faint Attack etc are reduced in accuracy by 50%.

Pokemon: Slowpoke/Slowbro/Slowking, Psyduck, Slugma/Magcargo.

aquajet16

LVL? Death
Typhoon - May call in a Gust or a Thundershock to hit enemies during rain

(When raining the pokemon with this ability may call on a thundershock or a gust to hit the enemies and in the thundershock or gust STAB doesn't apply.)

Pokemon with this ability:

Lanturn
Jolteon
Pikachu family
etc...

RagTag

Shroomin'
Adrenaline: raises speed when health gets low (like guts only with speed instead of attack)

Pokemon to have it:;215;;127;;335;

Doppelganger - When it faints, ita familiar will stay and next turn attack the foe with half the damage of the attack that wiped it out
Pokémon to have it: ;198;, ;302;, ;353;, ;354;, ;430;, ;477;

Replay - When an attack is used by it, attack's effects (only stats and damage) will be repeated (damage reduced to 1/2 power)
Pokémon to have it: I have no idea. Suggestions?

vector111

Solar Gift: The pokemon can use ''Solar Beam'' instantly.
Pokemon to have: Sunflora; Bellossom.

Soul Capture: When one pokemon on the field fainths, the other recovers 20% of the fainthed pokemon max hp.
Pokemon to have: Absol; Dusclops/Dusknoir

Poison Slime: When battling a GRASS pokemon SP. ATTACK multiplies by 2. When battling a PSYHIC or GROUND pokemon ATTACK divides by 2.
Pokemon to Have: Grimer/Muk; Gulpin/Swalot

Dizzy: When the pokemon enters the battlefield, he becomes confused. Also, if this pokemon hits himself in the confusion, he recovers the damage taken, not losses it.
Pokemon to have: Spinda

razor fire

jumper: raises speed by 2 stages each turn. pkmn to have: hoppip, skiploom, jumpluff

smasher: fighting attacks get boosted by 1.5. pkmn to have: fighting pkmn

psycho: every psychic attack confuses the foe and make defense and sp.def fell by 1 stage.

hidden force: makes the foe lose 1/16 hp every turn. pkmn to have: still not sure.

Darkmaster Rannon

Thundercats Hoo!
Destinies Gift: when KOed leaves a gift for next pokemon. (leaves a substitute for next pokemon)

pokemon to have it: something that it works with, maybe delibird

Mothers fury: doubles attack in a pinch ( 2x normal atk power when below 1/3 of hp)

pokemon to have it: Kangaskhan and any other motherly pokemon

critical mass: explodes upon becoming KOed
(voltorb, magnezone, metagross)

Sceptile Master

Survivor of the Great Avatar Depression
Homesick: Only aplies to Pokemon transferred via Pal Park, 50-50 chance it will have it. (If Pokemon can have 2 abilties in other game, less chance it will have this ability).
Effect: Opponents Attack drops down mildly, but Speed stat of said Pokemon w/ability drops mildly too..

Last edited:

Absol trainer

Hidden Valley...
Big horn: Attacks that are used with a horn has his power raised with 1.5X.

Pokemon to have it: Tauros, Herracros, other pokemon with horns

Flame aura (or any other type): The attack AURA SPHERE has now as type Fire (or any other type)

Pokémon to have it: Lucario

Edit: here's one more

Fat: The pokémons DEF and SP.DEF are raised by 25%

Pokemon to have it: Hariyama, Snorlax and other fat pokémon

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.