• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

ideas for new abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey why is intimidate the only one that lowers stats.there should be for more stats.

Evil Chant:lowers sp.atk of the foe by two levels when a pokemon is sent out.Pokemons should have this ability are ghosts and dark types,30% chance of a wild pokemon having this ability

Shield Destroy:lowers defense of foe the by two level when a pokemon is sent out.Pokemons that should have this ability are normal types,fighting,bug and pokemons that requires physical attack.25% chance a wild pokemon having this ability.

Heavy Gravity:lowers speed of the foe by two levels when a pokemon is sent out.Pokemon that should have this ability are steel types and probopass.

Chronos Sphere:lowers sp.def of the foe by two levels when a pokemon is sent out.Pokemons that should have this ability are psychic,elemental,ghost,dark and all other pokemons that requires special attack.45% chance of a wild pokemon having this ability

Im not really sure if there are already abilities like this,but tell me if this is good.

itsme

(ノ@皿@)ノ ~ lolwut?
Weatherman - Every turn, the weather randomly changes (Sunny Day, Rain Dance or Hail)

~LiL~

Saddistica
Aftershock-- Any physical move you do will result in 1/16 damage to any random pokemon in opponent team

Pokemon to have it: Any ground pokemon

Namikaze

The One and Only
Great Wall - Super effective hits do not affect this pokemon

Pokes to have: anything with horrible typing that wont be an uber.

Ammako

I made a new "Pokémon" for this occasion (PS: Mods, don't take this badly)

Ban: Let the "Pokémon" ban a n00b "Pokémon" when it is breaking the rules.

"Pokémon" to have it: Moderators

Mr. E Goods

Gone for good
Weatherman - Every turn, the weather randomly changes (Sunny Day, Rain Dance , Hail or sandstoerm)
i like this abilitty and it should be Castforms ability

Last edited:

Regan

Banned
Weatherman - Every turn, the weather randomly changes (Sunny Day, Rain Dance , Hail or sandstoerm)

As it takes a turn for the weather to start up and effect the battle, this would be quite a useless ability.

NotChip

®™
Coward:
When this Pokemon knows that it'll be Ko'ed by the opponents next attack, it'll force a switch out to one of your Pokemon that will survive the attack instead of fighting on.

Pokemon to have it: Some baby forms and some others too but I can't be bothered to think of them at this moment.

X-dramon

Burner:The pokemon to have this abilty increses in HP when burned.

viperGTS

<---Chaining For!
Here is one...
name: Off-Guard
Description: lowers the opponents defense by 1, like intimidate.

Doomy

Tri-Power
Increases All Stats Of 3-Headed Pokemon Every 3 Turns (or the 2 lowest stats, if thats overpowered)
Pokemon To Have:Dodrio, Magneton and Dugtrio

(And possible 5th Gen Pokemon)

Last edited:

Primal Dialga

Primal Dialga
Third Eye: When Jirachi's HP is low, its SPA and SPD will rise.

Thats all I can think.

;483;

Bhen

Ability-Dizzy

All turned base moves and effects are doubled.

This could be a blessing or a curse, an example would be, moves like sunny day which last 5 turns would last ten The move yawn, rather than taking 1 turn to take effect would take two. When youa re asleep rather than taking 3 turns to ake up it would take 6. This ability would affect all pokemon in play. I think It would deffo be interesting.

Jolt Bolt

Smell my Pit!
i'd like to see a pokemon that could summon night time. It'd be like a new weather and all dark and ghost types benifit somehow. It could be called midnight or something like that

Chrisjon

Mr. Sunshine
Out of Control-Pokemon can not be put to sleep and paralyzed but when it is confused it is more likley it will hurt its self.

mew..

What do you want?
confuse: when spinda's hp falls below 1/4 of maximum, the opponent gets confused.

shadow: when dusknoir's health falls between 1/2 and 1/4, his accuracy increases by 20%

sand trap: on the turn a sandstorm brews, the opponent cannot switch.

muscle fat: when any fighting types health falls below 1/4, its attack decreases by 10%

absorb growth: when a grass type is hit by a phsical attack, the opponent has a 60% chance of getting seeded.

Last edited:

DieChavsDie

Ok, I wont claim this as my own, I read it somewhere, liked it, and wanted to post it (Cant remember where I read it though)

Climate Change: All of this pokemons type defenses and stregths are reversed (So 4X Weak becomes 4X Resists, 2X Weak because 2X Strong etc).

So, imagine it, someone has their Swampert in, after killing your grass pokemon, thinks theyre gonna win. So you switch in a pokemon with this ability. Suddenly, you have a Swampert that now only has 1 resistance, and 4 weaknesses.

Dannytoge

信じる!
Vital Aggression,
Inflicts a small amount of damage each turn, the amount of damage increases the less hp the user has.

I think a legendary should have this.

mew..

What do you want?
death grip: when this pokemon uses vicegrip while haveing 1/4 health or lower, the oppponent is KO'ed.

pokemon to have: crawdaunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.