• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

ideas for new abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiddragon

Giratina 4eva!
MY CURRENT TEAM;135; LV 61 ;257;LV 100 ;334;LV 68 ;manyula; LV 67 TORTERRA LV 74 and STARMIE LV 68
If this was a 'show off your team' thread, i'm sure they'd be interested.

Requiem Grace
When one of your Pokémon faint, user gains 15% of HP back and recovers from status problem
Pokémon: Misdreavus, Duskull, Dusclops, Mismaguis, Drifloon, Drifblim, Froslass, Dusknoir

cham1259

><><>clinx<><><
Tingling Speed: Always ensures first hit when paralyzed.(but still has the chance to be paralyzed)
This will discourage Thunderwave users thinking that this will cripple the user:D
Pokemon to use: Pidgeot, Swellow, Manectric. Any fast pokemon.

MC Bonehead

<--- Are they real?
More Abilities!!!
Soulful: Resists Dark Attacks.
Pokemon to have it: Phoine, Manaphy, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Celebi.
Special Magic: All attacks become special.
Pokemon to have it: Abra, Kadabra, Alakazam, Mime Jr., Mr.Mime, Espeon.
Physical Force: All attacks became physical.
Pokemon to have it: Slowking, Cranidos, Rampardos.
Pure Water: Resists water and ice attacks
Pokemon to have it: Vaporeon, Goldeen, Seaking, Finneon, Lumineon.

Why would Slowking have Physical Force?

Pure Water seems kinda useless. Who would use Water or Ice against Vaporeon, Goldeen, Seaking, Finneon, and Lumineon, anyway? Maybe if a team mate with boosted Special Attack uses Surf, but...

fullmetalotaku

Breeder Apprentice
You're nuts. Yanma and Yanmega have some of the best abilities in the entire game.

I meant better flavor-wise. Plus, I don't really battle at all. I've played a friend or two, but I never really put a WHOLE lot of stock in abilities or moves. I thought that a sound-based thing would be fun, is all.

Also, what about an ability that has an automatic Rapid Spin effect upon entry? As far as I know, it wouldn't be that fair in competitive, but just for fun. Not sure who would have it, though.

RagTag

Shroomin'
they should skip the part of always giving STARTERS the same abilities like OVER GROW and BLAZE. What some one like CHARIZARD needs is 3rd TYPE: makes the pokemon count as a
DRAGON type.
and the move implies for also TYRANITAR ,RHYDON,RHYPERIOR and SKEPTILE

What are you trying to say I literaly can't understand you
(and what does this have to do with anything)

Some more abilities:
High Spirits: Raises Sp.Attack when suffering(in the same manner as guts)
Pokemon to have it: Togepi, Togetic, Togekiss, Cleffa, Clefairy, Clefable, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Mew.
Smooth Rock: Raises Speed.
Pokemon to have it: Geodude, Graveller, Golem, Ryhorn, Rydon, Aerodactyl, Larvitar, Pupitar, Tyranitar, Nosepass, Regirock, Registeel, Cranidos, Rampardos, Rypherior, Probopass.
Underweight: Halves the Damage from Low Kick and Grass Knot.
Pokemon to have it: Gastly, Haunter, Gengar, Krabby, Kingler, Mew, Misdreavus, Celebi, Duskull, Dusclops, Dusknoir, Drifloon, Drifblim, Togepi, Togetic, Togekiss, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Phoine, Manaphy.
Breakneck: Raises Speed and Attack each turn
Pokemon to have it: Aerodactyl, Pikachu, Raichu, Heracross, Yanma, Yanmega, Sneasel, Weavile, Gible, Gabite, Garchomp.

cham1259

><><>clinx<><><
Here I am again:D

Battle Praises: Increases a random stat when the user lands a super-effective hit.
pokemon to use: Octillery, Linoone, Primape, other battle-wise pokemon. Mostly Fighting or normal types.

Graceful: Stat reduction will be reflected
this will include intimidate-type traits
pokemon to use: beautiful pokemon like Milotic

Tough Shell: Damaging Weather effects do not affect the user.
pokemon to use: shelled pokemon like shuckle and Cloyster

Straightforward: All attacks are increased by 10%. No added effects.
Much like the opposite for Serene Grace
pokemon to use: pokemon like Machamp. Reckless pokemon also like Gyarados(according to Dex entries or anime)

Ancient: All attacks have a 5% chance to increase all stats. Stacks with Ancient Power type moves(10%--->15%)
pokemon to use: mostly legendaries or legendary trios. Also, any pokemon that are old or ancient like Relicanth(according to Dex entries or anime)

More abilities!!!!!!!!!!
Bad Luck Mirror: If the user uses mirror coat, and the opponent lands a physical hit, it will take half the attack's damage and is only allowed to use offensive moves for 5 turns(in the same manner as Taunt.
Pokemon to have it: Certain pokemon that learn mirror coat, such as Wobuffet.
Bad Weather/Nice Weather: If there is weather condition, the negative or positive(depending on the ability) side-affects of that condition will be doubled.
Pokemon to have nice Weather: Dragonair, Dragonite, Castform, Milotic, Groudon, Rayquaza.
Pokemon to have bad Weather: Pikachu, Raichu, Gyarados, Castform, Kyogre, Rayquaza.
Growing Plant: Raises Sp.Attack and Sp.Defense each turn.
Pokemon to have it: Bellossom, Sunkern, Sunflora, Roselia, Roserade, Shaymin.
Shadow Forecast: Changes the weather to shadow sky(from XD) upon entry. Castform and weather ball become ghost type. Shadow sky damages all pokemon that aren't ghost type.
Pokemon to have it: Giratina

F0xH0und7

TwinWeavile
im not bothering reading any of the other forums so if anyone already has my idea, then ill be sad.

dark shroud-almost like fog but benefits dark pokemon or dark attacks (weavile, darkrai, stunky, skuntank, sableye)

lightweight-prolongs use of fly and bounce (pidgey, spearow, hoothoot, wingull, buneary, starly)

symphony-all attacks that deal with sound deal 10% extra damage (spinda, poochyena, farfetch'd, whismur, loudred, exploud)

kiddragon

Giratina 4eva!
Perma Trace: Copies the foes ability pernamently.
Pokemon to have it: Smeargle

Hell_fire

......duck...
sure shot

game text: super effective never misses
description: suoper effective moves can never miss

pokemon to have it: none any pokemon holding scope lense will gain this ability until removel of the item

#Gecko#

The Essential One
Slow Power-Up or Overdrive: Sacrifices Speed for Attack

Guppo

;012; I haven't read much of the abilities, so please let me know if I accidentally steal anyone's abilities...

Last Chance: When the Pokemon's HP is at half or lower than half at the end of each turn, their attack will rise. If they regain HP, however, the attack will return to normal (excluding manual stat changes)
Who can use: Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Hitmontop, Machop, Machoke, Machamp, any other pure fighters, Butterfree (lol jk, but can you imagine? =P)

Greed: The Pokemon cannot get their item stolen or Knocked Off. I know there's Sticky Hold, but this can provide some more flexibility with this ability. If in a Double Battle, they may occasionally switch items with the ally.
Who can use: Any Pokemon, but they must have a Naughty Nature and be able to learn Theif in their move/TM pool.

Last edited:

RYKUU

Water Trainer
i reckon their should be a move called re-grow
kinda like volt absord,
Description re-grow: when a pokemon is hit by a grass move if the user has regrow it gains half the HP it would have lost.
Pokemon that have it: treeko-sceptile basicly nearly all pure grass types.

Raccario

Somthing that sharply cuts Sp. Atk, as intimidate lowers atk

Something that makes ghost moves ineffective, like ...i cant think of a name though

tee-tar

Tempered Steel: Halves the power of fire, water, grass, and electric moves.
Turbocharger: Halves speed for three turns, then doubles attack and speed
Logical: immune to ghost moves

hello moto

Top of the morning
i think ditto should get a new ability-
separation - ( single battle) - pokemon takes twice as much damage to faint.
( double battle)- when all the other pokemon are fainted, the pokemon with this ability becomes two exact copies of it self, with the same moves but stats get halved (separated into to two)

itsme

(ノ@皿@)ノ ~ lolwut?
Epidemic-If the pokemon gets poisoned, sleep or paralyzed, in 3 turns every single pokemon (including the ones not out in the battle) gains the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.