• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

ideas for new abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

cocoa_adele

grateful- the happier a pokemon is the more powerful its attacks are

SilverMorty

Incinerate- Fire attacks do more damage when the opponent is burned

-Magmortar, Houndoom

Thermal Body- Frozen turns last half the duration (like an Early Bird for Freeze)

- Vulpix and Flareon (those with those thermal body dex entries but don't suit Magma Armor)

Compensate- Atk/Sp Atk will rise if Def/Sp Def is lowered, and vice-versa.

-Psychic/Dark pokemon

Frost Armor- Defense and Special Defense is raised during a hailstorm.

-Glaceon, Glalie

Last edited:

Silverninetails

Quaaaaagggg~~~
Stamina-- Does not require Charging and Recharging.

Suppression-- Like Intimidate, but reduces Opponent's Attack, Special Attack and Speed by 1 stage.

Critical Endurance-When HP is in red, can only be damaged by Critical Hit moves and nothing else.

Water Cloak: Evasion raises by 1 stage when in contact with water. Grants immunity to water-type moves. Can be given to Vapoureon.

Impatience-Attack raises by 1 stage if immobilised, eg paralyzed, frozen. Does not include sleep.

Last edited:

AceTrainerTim

Night Sneaker - Users Speed and Defence raise by two levels at night and dusk.
Pokemon - Scizor, Dusknoir, Sneasal, Weavile, Mightyena, Houndoom and/or Absol.

Pathetic Power - User attacks raise there power by 15% and users stats can't be lowered.
Pokemon - Magikarp, Bidoof and Sunkern

Reflective Skin - Stats changed by the opponent will affect the opponent aswell.
Pokemon - Sheldon, Regis, Suicune, Diagla, Palkia and Lati@s

Rapid Healer - Each turn user has a 33.33% chance of healing (Like Shed Skin)Pokemon - Miltank, Celebii, Budew, Roselia, Skitty, Delcatty, Happiny Line and Cherrim

Mysterous64

The Black Knight
Aura power- Increases the power of aura sphere if used continously
Pokemon- Lucario
Inferno tempest: Everytime a pokemon is hit with this flire attack its special attack sharply rises
Pokemon Magmortar, Magmar, Moltres,
Master gift: Pokemon doesn't need to wait a turn after using hyper beam, giga impact, blast burn, frenzy plant, hydro cannon, roar of time.
Pokemon: Snorlax, Dialga, Palkia, Charizard, Typhlosion Meganium, Garchomp, Lugia, Ho-oh

hashmeer

True Pokemon Breeder
Mine are mainly for Rock or Ground types.

Sharpened Rock: Critical Hit ratio is raised in a sandstorm
Pokemon: Rhyperior, Tyranitar, Rhydon, Golem, Graveler.

Desert Armor: Def. and Sp. Def. are raised in a sandstorm.
Pokemon: Trapinch, Vibrava, Flygon, Baltoy, Claydol, Larvitar, Pupitar.

Hard As Rock: Attack such as Explosion or Selfdestruct do not affect the pokemon being attacked.

Pokemon: Onix, Steelix, Rhyhorn, Rhydon, Rhyperior.

There ya go!

Cuthrout

well tbh i know it isnt new but i think that more pokemon should be able to have drizzle and drought for the sunny day and rain dance effect, just because it make team building so much better :)

a new idea would be: Mind Snap which halfs hp but raises special attack by 6 stages

Compensate- Atk/Sp Atk will rise if Def/Sp Def is lowered, and vice-versa.

-Psychic/Dark pokemon

this ones the best ive read so far

Stamina-- Does not require Charging and Recharging.

Impatience-Attack raises by 1 stage if immobilised, eg paralyzed, frozen. Does not include sleep.

i like these ones too

My Idea:

Redemption: Attack raises 6 stages if flinched

Pokemon who get it: Gallade

FUNDIP

Juggernaut- Defense and Sp. Defense increase when pokemon's health fall below 10%
POkemon to have it- Rhydon, Steelix, Bastiodon, Rampardos, Snorlax, and Donphan

Rigorous- Constant damage moves ie. wrap, bind, fire spin, vortex do 20% more damage

Last edited:

Silverninetails

Quaaaaagggg~~~
Analyze: Shows two of these: opponent's nature, ability, item, one random move or one random stat. Will activate everytime an opponent is sent out
Pokemon to have it- Someone really smart like Slowking, Alakazam, Uxie.

Last edited:
Gigantic Rage
Raises attack and speed when hit by a super effective attack
Pokemon who has this ability: Mankey, Primeape

I dont know what to call this one
Gains HP When asleep:Snorlax Munchlax

Dark Leviathan

Gyarados Tamer
Posion Blood; Cause Toxic to any opponent that causes damage to this Pokemon with a Physical attack.
Pokemon to have it: Grimer, Muk, other Posion-types.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
mathyrdom.
effect: explodes and damages all pokemon in the field when this pokemon faints.

iron lungs.
effect: accuracy will be raised slightly when using a special attack.

i can't think of any pokemon who should have these abilities, maybe it is because i got the idea from cod4 online, maybe the possible next gen will have a few nice pokemons or these abilities.

Deboog

Seribii Staff...rly!
Rage - Pokemon's moves are powered up by 1.3%, but they are locked into one move for 2-3 turns like outrage is. You can't switch or use other moves.

Pokemon to have it: Ryhorphior, Weavile (wouldn't be cheap as it couldn't switch and would be countered) Primape, Houndoor.

Friendly Face - Poemon have a 30% chance of becoming attracted to this pokemon whichever nature they are.

Pokemon to have it - Dragonite, Chemicho, Blissey, Chansey

Grei

not the color
Supersensory: Raises Defense when Physical attack is used against Pokemon, Raises Special Defense when Special attack is used against Pokemon, raises Speed when any damaging attack is used.

Pokemon w/ ability: Riolu, Lucario

Precision: Raises accuracy and critical hit ratio of Special Attacks.

Pokemon w/ ability: Alakazam, etc.

Top Form: Raises accuracy and critical hit ratio of Physical Attacks.

Pokemon w/ ability: Machamp, etc.

Physical Attracton: If the Pokemon switches in on a Pokemon of the same Egg group and is the opposite gender, the foe is automatically infactuated.

Pokemon with this ability: Any that has a gender and is part of an egg group. (Heatran, Latios, Latias, etc. would not have this ability.)

Just to make to make Attract less useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.