• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ideas for new Pokemon V

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaerna

Well they have all the evolutions for eevee now, why not an evolution for the original eevee itself???

Eeeurgh...I really don't think folks want a squid-head/dalek/ultimate evil legendary. A legendary in this universe seems to be a guardian/benevolant/protector type with attitude and with really sleek and cool lines in design. But I'd like to see a Tentacruel finally evolve into something similar so people will love to KO it!

Linkdarkside

a Pegasus would be a good idea for a Rapidash evo
pegasus.jpg

Pulseman

Volteccer!
Well they have all the evolutions for eevee now, why not an evolution for the original eevee itself???

Eeeurgh...I really don't think folks want a squid-head/dalek/ultimate evil legendary. A legendary in this universe seems to be a guardian/benevolant/protector type with attitude and with really sleek and cool lines in design. But I'd like to see a Tentacruel finally evolve into something similar so people will love to KO it!

I was thinking of Cthulu/Zhqulqa being more of the position that Mewtwo and Deoxys had in the last 2 games, being a bad@5$ lvl 70 mutant encountered at the end of the game.

As for Eevee evolutions, I think I want Ghost, Dragon, and Steel variations; since they'll be really cool.

Steelix and Arbok definitely need Dragon evolutions. Steel-Dragon for Steelix, and Poison-Dragon for Arbok. They could give Steelix the Levitate ability as well(not sure if it's on the Magne-UFO evolution, but it should), but since Steelix already has a near-godlike defense, I don't see the point. Seviper is also in need of an evolution as well.

Why couldn't they introduce more pokemon types? Like Atomic, Cosmos and/or Light? A Light Type could introduce some angelic pokemon; and provide a counterpart to dark.

scythemantis

Creepy crawly
I know a lot of people would hate me for this, but I think just having any six pokemon you want is the biggest, most glaring problem with the game and team size should have always been based on a "stat-cap."

This would mean a limit on the TOTAL base stats of your entire team, but any number of pokemon within that limit would be allowed. Thus, you could carry a dozen weaker pokemon or just a couple legendaries.

And heck, one legendary - or any pokemon over a certain stat total - should really be considered two pokemon at once. This would mean that when your opponent brings out a kyogre and you have no "ubers" of your own, you would be allowed to bring out two of your normal pokemon (but you would still just get one turn at a time)

Jigglypuff5000

Farfetch'd can't really be elegant because, well, it's farfetch'd. Though it could happen.

Oh please, it's blantly somewhat based off the Ugly Duckling tale (IMO)

So my idea is possible.

And instead of an evo for Tentacruel, I'd say we just have a Kraken legendary (Water/Dragon)

A Naga Queen (female only) pkmn to rival Arbok/Seviper

A baby unicorn 'mew' legendary

Have loads more, may post them laters.

XDbonsly

Bonsly lover 4 life!
Something undone, something crazy, DING!
Fireris
Fire/Grass
Ability: levitate
Good moveset:
Flamethrower
Leaf Storm
Bounce
Nature Flame(new move)

Nature Flame: Pow:45 Acc: 90 Def:Hits twice one hit fire ine hit grass (45 each) move type: fire/grass.

PearlDex

I wanted this pokemon to be a part of the original GSC plot:

Team Rocket resumes their cloning experiments. Because Mewtwo destroyed the old laboratory, Mew's DNA was lost forever. However, Mewtwo left plenty of his own behind. Rocket's scientists begin to manipulate the DNA, hoping to make a pokemon stronger than Mewtwo and smarter than Mew. Their result yields the armored Mewthree, who again levels the Rocket lab. You rush in and fight this... thing... stopping it from destroying whatever city you're in. You have to either catch or defeat Mewthree... BUT, since there is already a Mew and Mewtwo, Mewthree falls apart after it's been defeated/captured due to its unstable DNA. Thus, it's not entered in the pokedex and not capturable. (It is, however, still fun to fight.)

Also, another Ditto-type pokemon with Transform. Normal type, with gender so it can't breed with everything like Ditto can. It would learn strange attacks for a normal pokemon, as if it were learning from the pokemon it duplicated.

Last edited:

scythemantis

Creepy crawly
Octillery evolution would be a fun excuse to do a water/steel. An octopus plated in rusty iron, with a few barnacles here and there, like an old sunken ship's cannon.

A vampire squid (vampyroteuthis infernalis) would make an awesome new water/dark or even water/ghost.

Sawfish is an obvious water/steel.

I also always wanted a parasitic pokemon, like a leech or a tick. It could have a trait that works like an automatic leech seed, stealing a little from the opponent each turn.

A microbe would also be fun, it could be ultra-tiny with only one HP like Shedinja, but most attacks would miss due to its size.

What about a steel/ghost resembling disconnected armor plates? It could have a trait where as soon as it faints, the pokemon to replace it gets a defense boost...as though it "wears" the ghost-armor. There could be a ghostly sword counterpart or something that boosts attack in the same manner.

I've always wanted a giant living brain or eyeball pokemon, as they're my favorite monster types after giant, mutant insects. Would be perfect for ghost/psychic. Maybe a tentacled eyeball pokemon that evolves into a one-eyed, tentacled brain pokemon.

An attack-oriented centipede and defense-oriented millipede would be a neat duo, they could even be freaky elemental pede's, like a fire centipede and rock millipede.

A grass/ghost pumpkin would be an instant favorite for me. Being a Jack-O-lantern, it could be the only grass pokemon to learn fire attacks. Could have a trait that cancels out fire weakness, too.

Course, we could also just have a grass/fire pokemon as well. A jalapeno pepper. Maybe a little humanshape plant, like Roselia, but with a mexican style to it.

A bug/dark cockroach would be another must-have on my team. I'd love a usable pokemon with a humanoid skull face (why must Duskull lose his in evolution?!) and it'd work perfect for a spooky little roach.

A pokemon that changes type every turn would be interesting, maybe with a unique attack that always matches its type. No idea what such a pokemon would look like...maybe a chaotic blob of random stuff, or another abstract machine-like pokemon.

Speaking of which, I would love a pokemon based on the flatwoods monster:
graybarker.jpg

This famous artwork actually doesn't match the eyewitness descriptions of this supposed "alien visitor" (a "towering robot" reported in a NJ forest), but the image is quite popular in Japan. I have seen this monster in tons of videogames, and it would make a great psychic, dark, or ghost pokemon. Psychic/dark?

Speaking of aliens, there are also those tentacled jellyfishlike "martians" in tons of anime/videogames. They would make a fun pokemon as well, another one from outer space.
spanky1.gif

Gon Freecss

Defense Deoxys #1
An evo of heracross thats bigger and good idea about a jackolantern pokemon I would definatley have one in my team

Last edited:

Bryloom

Trains and such
i never thought of a pumpkin poke as being grass/ghost, that would be cool and original... but i havent heard anyone say wut they think of my pokemon(check like 1 or 2 pages back)... as long as i get opinions, if they suck tell me...(currently working on starters for my fakedex, 2/3 done)

jayykay

Dino Tamer
Oh please, it's blantly somewhat based off the Ugly Duckling tale (IMO)

So my idea is possible.

And instead of an evo for Tentacruel, I'd say we just have a Kraken legendary (Water/Dragon)

A Naga Queen (female only) pkmn to rival Arbok/Seviper

A baby unicorn 'mew' legendary

Have loads more, may post them laters.

I believe Farfetch'd is based off of mix between samurai and Beijing Duck (the dish). As strange as that sounds..

JazzJazz

No, they don't. There's seventeen possible types that eevee can evolve into and they've made seven... ten short of all of them.

BearaceDougie

The Boy From Oz
Next Gen they should add an Normal Eevee (Just a plain Evolution of Eevee). Then a Steel, Flying or Poisen Eevee Evo.

I'd also like to see an Pegasus type Pokemon, Flying Horse. Normal/Flying.

I want it to be discovered that Masukkippa is actually an Alt evo of the Bellsprout evolution line, Just the method of evolution is only used in the Gen 5 Regoin.

Another good idea would be this 'Shadow' Pokemon, who'd be something like a Ghost pokemon, But can manifest (like Ditto) into other Pokemons Shadows.
Maybe something like this:

shadow.jpg

Last edited:

Silhouette

I can think of a heap of ideas for new pokemon...

Ghost/Fire

Evolution Chain: Ember Sprite -> Developed sprite -> Firestorm Twister Sprite

Possible Names: Embrite -> Spitren -> Siroccia
Name Relativity: Ember -> Spit Fire -> Sirocco (Fire like storm)

Ability: Fire Trap -> Hurts pokemon entering the arena

Possible Moves: Ember, Firespin, (new fire move that traps opponent), Destiny Bond, Taunt, Whirlwind (really high level as it abuses proposed ability) Confuse Ray etc

Ghost/Grass

Evolution Chain: Dead Tree Trunk -> Regrowing Dead Tree Trunk -> Classic Haunted Woods Style Tree

Possible Names: Trunpri -> Trungen -> Hauwood
Name relativity: Trunk -> Bigger sounding Trunk -> Going on the whole haunted wood theme

Ability: Overgrow

Possible Move Set: Any leaf attacks, Destiny Bond, Taunt, Confuse Ray, Nightshade etc

Ghost/Water

Evolution Chain: Skeletal Fish -> Larger Skeletal Fish Regaining Flesh -> Huge, Ragged yet strong appearing shark (Great White esque)

Possible Names: Skelfin -> Flesgar -> Jautrap

Ability: Intimidate

Possible Move Set: Bite, Water Gun, Water Pulse, Confuse Ray, Crunch etc

Ghost/Fighting

Evolution Chain: Possibly an alter evo for shuppet, haunter or a bannette evo?

Appearence Clarification: Grim Reaper esque, with huge fists curled

Possible Names: Vendrith

Name Explaination: Going on the vengance theme

Ability: Pressure

Possible Move Set: Most Punch Style attacks, Counter, Reversal, Destiny Bon etc.

Those are some I'd really like to see, hehe, I'm a fan of ghost types ^_^

Goldliop

Powerplay Champion
So they've gone and done it...
Made a "god" of all pokemon
a terrible idea in my opinion,
but,
now that they've gone and done it,
why not just make the destroyer of all pokemon?
just to ;eve; out the playing field...
God i hate this idea, but it seems necessary,
for every ying, there is a yang.

ss5vegeta

Banned
do you think they will ever be a 4th evolved pokemon?

if there was it would be for raichu, mabey charizard, venasaur and blastoise

Turtloopa

Nintendo!
a Pegasus would be a good idea for a Rapidash evo
[Pegasus picture]

Fire/Flying with fire wings like Altaria has cloud wings? ... That's a pretty good idea. A signature move would be cool too, it could relate to flying but it would be fire type.. "Ember gust"? Um, no that move was pretty ;083; ...
...? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.