• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ideas for new Pokemon V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gradius

No, this is for the next generation, there is no point in closing it if we know what is in this generation.

And on topic, I think that there shouldn't be so many evos and pre evos in the next gen, they've made rthirty in this gen, including some really wierd ones.

I think this should be moved to the General Pokémon forum instead of closed. Just because the new Pokémon are revealed doesn't mean no one will have any new ideas.

Gradius

Who cares about that thread, there could be a whole new forum on this topic. I certainly have too much info to tell in one post. And along the lines of that, is there a suggestion thread for the forum or main site, cause if not, there should be.

Bryloom

Trains and such
i wish i had a digital camera or a scanner so i can show drawings of the following: rabbit grass starter whos final evo is basically a mix of alakazam and blaziken. a fire starter horned toad who evolves similarly(sp) to mudkip- final evo is fire/ steel or fire/poison. a joyful lobster water starter who justs gets bigger as he evolves. a bug/dark roach, which i made similar to crawdaunt(move and evo level wise). a new bat poison/psychic w/ levitate, who's wings look like huge eyes. a dragon/fighting komodo dragon, that doesnt look like one. and lastly a fire type baby iguana that either evolves into a fire/water marine iguana or a fire/grass green iguana..... soory for the long post

Last edited:

De HotShot Mon

Smack Down time
Me, I'd prefer a Grass/Fire type.

ebilly99

Americanreigon champ
12.jpg

My new fire starter a bug ice. It pawns charizard

Shadow Ho-oh

The Darkest Flame!!!
12.jpg

how could it be bug ice if its a fire starter and what the hell its just a fusion

Jerichi

ASB Overlord
Staff member
12.jpg

I'm sorry, did you read what you wrote?

How is it a fire starter if its Bug/Ice? And does it work for Charizard?

Uh, yeah. Interesting sprite.

Gradius

Some things here just don't make sense, anyway...
i wish i had a digital camera or a scanner so i can show drawings of the following: rabbit grass starter whos final evo is basically a mix of alakazam and blaziken. a fire starter horned toad who evolves similarly(sp) to mudkip- final evo is fire/ steel or fire/poison. a joyful lobster water starter who justs gets bigger as he evolves. a bug/dark roach, which i made similar to crawdaunt(move and evo level wise). a new bat poison/psychic w/ levitate, who's wings look like huge eyes. a dragon/fighting komodo dragon, that doesnt look like one. and lastly a fire type baby iguana that either evolves into a fire/water marine iguana or a fire/grass green iguana..... soory for the long post

I wish I had one two, I'd show : a desert rat water starter which has a fully evolved form that is water/rock, a fire gecko pokemon, and a green furret that has a fully evolved form with the types of Grass/Steel, those would be the starters. And the awsome legendary would be a dragon type with a secondary type of ??? . Its ability uses the type chart to be a type strongest to the last attack used, where when the attacks type is seen, it would go down the type chart to find the first type strongest to the last attack, for example, if a fire attack is used, its second type would be water.

spiderlizard2099

Pokemon 5 or generation 5

They should have a few evos for pokemon that couldn't evolve in diamond and pearl which includes old pokemon and no prevos to make up what they did in ruby and sapphire. 2 prevos, 133 new pokemon, and 0 evos. Their should be at least 196 new pokemon and 4 evos of old pokemon.

Pulseman

Volteccer!
Originally Posted by Pulseman
Not neccessarily; there might be more to it. Ditto could gain the ability to-

Transform into the pokemon permanently
Change it's characteristics into the pokemon's type permanently
Copy/add all the pokemon's stats to Ditto temporarily
Embed 1 stat into Ditto's stats(like Attack, Defense, etc)
The Porygon Conversion move
Variations of copying pokemon moves, like Sketch, Mimic, and Sketch2
Copy the pokemon's stats to Ditto permanently.
Auto-Transform ability.
Good Ole Deoxys-ish forms(Ditto is a DNA pokemon)
Absorb the Life force out of other pokemon, like an amoeba or virus(A protoplasm)

They should do with Heracross/Scizor/Pinsir with what they did with the Hitmons, link them with a pre-evo. Tauros and Miltank also need the same thing, maybe a calf pokemon with an ambiguous, unknown gender? Azurill often switches genders on evolution, why not do it with other pokemon as well? Tauros has a high attack while miltank is more defensive, and a buffalo pokemon (that can either be male or female) if stats are equal would be nice.

the part were it transforms permanitly would be cheating to get a rare pokemon

even though it wont show up in pokedex

Well, it wouldn't neccesarily be completely permanent. It wouldn't have the stats of the actual pokemon, and would have to faint constantly to make it back into it's original form.

As for actual pokemon, Cthulhu is just DIEING to be a legendary pokemon. He's perfect for the spot. All that Nintendo needs to do is change his design a bit(make him more pokemon-ish), and his name to Zhqulqa, or something similar, yet hard to pronounce.

Here's what Cthulhu looks like.

cthulhu.gif

cthulhu.jpg

stout_Cthulhu.gif

Plus, Pokemon is very lacking when it comes to squids and octopus pokemon. The only ones out there are Octillery, which evolves from an unrelated remora, and tentacruel, which is a jellyfish, but jellyfish are barely related to Squid. There's glass squid, giant squid, cuttlefish, cosmic alien squid, and just the regular nonremora octopus to mess around with.

However, there are also many possible legendaries(I love the current pokegods; Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Diaruga, and Parukia) and regulars to mess around with. Parrotfish would be good. They could have 2 cosmic pokemon to rule over creation and the world's destruction; and Team Nova/Abaddon working together to try to harness both of their powers to destroy and recreate the world/universe. Also, an actual Dragon trio would be nice.

I would like the next generation, Pokemon Ebony/Ivory, or Pokemon Arsenic/Hydrogen or whatever they choose, to have a darker yet awesome-like-Scizor atmosphere in terms of how pokemon are designed, maybe taking inspiration from mythology, fiction, religion, the artist's pure imagination, and how God would think up a creature into existence(think elephants; and then think pokemon. Pokemon excels at novelty).

SailorClef

I think it would be interesting if they had two evolutions of Girafarig.

One where the giraffe head is dominant, but the other where the "tail" head takes over.

and maybe something simular as an alternate evolution of Paras instead of the mushroom taking over the bug, having it the other way.

Bryloom

Trains and such
Okay well heres some drawings i did on paint... they got blurry somehow.
Shadark: Psychic/Dark
Shadark.jpg
Darshdow: Psychic/Dark
Darshdow.jpg
Marlock: Psychic/Dark
Marlok.jpg
Rach: Bug/Dark
Rach.jpg

Sandslay: Ground(this ones old)
Pictures036.jpg

Radical Edward

Upstanding Citizen
As for actual pokemon, Cthulhu is just DIEING to be a legendary pokemon. He's perfect for the spot. All that Nintendo needs to do is change his design a bit(make him more pokemon-ish), and his name to Zhqulqa, or something similar, yet hard to pronounce.

Indeed he is. cthulhu waits in his house at r'lyeh to be awakened as a pogeymon :p yes. I've thought this for ages. the Pokemon franchise needs to branch off into mythology next time around. there are so many unused ledgends (the underwater panther of north american indian cultures comes to mind) that they could easily work it. and thats my two cents.

ebilly99

Americanreigon champ
I'm sorry, did you read what you wrote?

How is it a fire starter if its Bug/Ice? And does it work for Charizard?

Uh, yeah. Interesting sprite.

Sorry error. Ment fire bug.

Gradius

Why would they need another evo for starmie?

Oh, and just so everyone knows, there is a thread on which pokemon needs an evo. Try searching for it.

I like the Cthulu idea. Q:What would its name be and how would you change its appearence?

Jigglypuff5000

I still want an elegant swan pkmn out of Farfetch'd, it'd be perfect for a female one

And then a Fighting/Fly type perhaps? A treasure hunter rogue like male evo I'm thinkin

Status
Not open for further replies.