• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

IE 6 PNG transparent fix help

Hotrod93

Dragon Trainer
See I still use IE 6(I like it so I use it) I dont like FireFox(Dont say get it or the other browsers).

I just need to know how to fix the PNG transparent fix, im not tech smart so could some one do a step by step '^_^. Im also not good with coding.

Odd thing is that not all PNG images do this, only newer ones. Example: (On this site)The DPPT sprites are fine but the HGSS sprites have the square behind them.

Last edited:

siburke939

<------ my 1st shiny
probably a daft comment - but is using .gif files out of the question? they don't have as many cross-browser transparency issues

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Ok, PNG are not fully supported by IE6, so quite often it's shows white behind the image. It's in the Extended Support stage, and several Sites are already making Impossible to use IE6. Just to point out that any real support has STOPPED!

Here is the only Help page for you: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/294714 But I hate to say it does help you.

Firefox has at least one skin that Mimics IE6, and it does work with the current (and the next) Version of FireFox. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/8885

Mumei

Baby Mewtwo Fangirl
You do realize there's potential for critical security issues if you continue to use a browser with no support such as IE6, right?

At least upgrade.